View Poll Results: Who will prevail?

Voters
577. You may not vote on this poll
  • Buggy

    290 50.26%
  • Sanji

    287 49.74%
Page 36 of 80 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 720 of 1592

Thread: Buggy vs. Sanji

  1. #701
    Seagull stole my Sanji :O TealBlueShore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hm?

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji

    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteFR View Post
    No, I have faith
    Oh, okay. So, your post wasn't serious back there?
    www.freerice.com Help the hungry one question at a time

  2. #702

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji

    its a tie!!!!!!!!!!!!! agian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  3. #703
    Discovered Stowaway Doringo_TaTa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Kuwait

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji

    GO BUGGY GO!!!!!! yeaaaaaaaaaah all Dragon ball Z fans must vote for Buggy Mr.SATAN says so!!

  4. #704

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji

    Quote Originally Posted by Airflow101 View Post
    If Buggy gets more votes than Sanji then he has a larger fanbase.

    If he has a larger fanbase he's likely to do better next round.
    Unfortunately, it's not simple like that.
    You seriously think WB has a larger fanbase than Usopp? What about Gold Roger and Nami? A lot of voters said earlier they would vote for Buggy because he "didn't stand a chance in this match"
    These "ohh noooes don't vote for the Strawhat" bs are only hurting this tournament.
    Heck, Croc was almost eliminated by pity votes.

  5. #705

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji

    Sanji would abandon his responsibilities and innocents to go chase girls.

    Buggy is willing to build an airship out of paper mache in order to be a king of villains. He knows his place and he embraces it!

    Quote Originally Posted by TräshCät View Post
    great characters lose to others who've been in the recent chapters ..'
    Domino lost to Smoker by a huge margin and that was one of the very first matches. And Nami only lost to Roger by 1 vote. While Zoro who hasn't been in the story for a year beat Bon Kurei who had JUST had a hugely epic final sacrifice just 2 weeks earlier. Your argument doesn't hold.

    And on top of all that, Buggy has been around longer than Sanji by about 50 chapters.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  6. #706
    I like videogames TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji

    Quote Originally Posted by Airflow101 View Post
    Even though he's beaten Sanji, Sanji has a better chance next round?

    yeah...
    You have to account for the people voting for Buggy just to lower the number of Straw Hats in the finals or as I'd like to call them, the lame people.

  7. #707
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji

    Welcome to Buggy Park, where it is flashy 24/7.

  8. #708
    Discovered Stowaway Heucheal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Germany

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji


    Vote Flashily VOTE BUGGY ;D

  9. #709
    Just badass Sano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Keokuk, Iowa

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji

    Vote for Buggy, since he team up with another awesome villian, Emperor Pilaf.

  10. #710

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji

    They share the same seiyuu to boot.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

  11. #711

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji

    Okay, I wasn't going to get involved with the heavy campaigning this round since I'm still kind of disheartened about the Nami vs. Roger fight. I think someone mentioned the idea of a film critic looking at these two guys and seeing who had more character development, and while I'm not a critic, I am majoring in critical film studies, and since I'm home sick today, eh, I'll just wade in and make everything worse.

    Buggy
    Spoiler:
    Buggy's a really fun character. I've never quite gotten him the same way a lot of people have, but he is a lot of fun when he shows up and he's got a great voice actor in the anime. I haven't really read into him much because there's not a whole lot to work with yet, but there is a backstory in there that Oda's working around to. I'm not going to try and speculate much on that because Oda usually surprises me anyway. He seems like an opportunist who looks for the easy money because he doesn't like putting himself at risk. He's on his way to the big war right now only because being on the ship with Luffy and the Shichibukai was safer than staying at Impel down with a rampaging Magellan. Before this, the last time we saw him he was mining for treasure with his crew. We know he bears a grudge against Shanks because he blames him for his accidental eating of the devil fruit, which he only wanted to sell. This is all part of what makes him fun; he's an opportunistic bully with self-esteem issues (why else would he still be kicking around East Blue after Shanks and everyone else went off to the Grand Line and The New World? why else would he be so sensitive about his nose?) and way more luck than anyone aside from Luffy has any right to have. ;) However, that's about all we know about him at the moment.


    Sanji
    Spoiler:
    Sanji is one of the first characters in the series I really identified with. He's a really interesting mix of tough-guy exterior but inner softie. But the really interesting thing about him is that his genuine toughness comes from his caring for other people and his desire to protect them. At first this seems like it only extends to attractive women, but you actually see him doing it with other people, too, he's just less goofy about it. In fact, a lot of people cite his horniness as his defining characteristic, but I actually think it's self-sacrifice.
    The Baratie
    He stays at the Baratie despite Zeff and the other chefs actually trying to drive him off, giving up on his dream because of his obligation to Zeff for giving up his own dream to save him. He was willing to die to keep Zeff's restaurant in one piece just a little bit longer because he understood that it was Zeff's second dream. And since he'd let Gin go and bring Don Krieg there, if it had been destroyed or stolen, it's like he would have killed Zeff's dream for the second time.

    He sticks it out through their worst insults, but it's only when he learns that they respect his cooking and want him to go for his own ambitions that he finally relents.
    Arlong Park
    During his fight with Kuroobi, it was the idea that he couldn't protect anyone that got him angry. This comes up again later in more subtle ways.
    Drum Island
    Uses himself as a catapult to get Luffy and Nami to safety during the avalanche, and as a result, winds up falling into it himself. He fractures his spine doing this, but later knowingly tries to go into battle against Wapol, even with the threat of re-injury. It take Kureha literally sitting on him to keep him out of the fight.
    Alabasta
    Switches up his first fight to go after Bon Clay because he beat up Usopp and stole his goggles.
    Skypeia
    Makes a sacrifice play on board Enel's ark to save both Usopp and Nami, taking another huge jolt of lightning so they could get away, and probably expecting to go down with the ship when it crashed.
    Water 7
    Goes after Robin and Usopp alone against a huge number of government agents, including the monsters of CP9.
    Eneis Lobby
    Despite his moral refusal to ever strike a woman no matter what the circumstances, does try to fight against Califa, using intimidation to try and get her to give up. When it doesn't work, and Nami has to go fight her instead, we see him briefly sitting, looking depressed and defeated, probably because he'd once again failed to protect/save Robin.

    We don't see the aftermath of the tub landing on him, but the next time we see him, it's him showing up in the nick of time to save Usopp from Jyabura. (Interestingly, he invokes another European fairy tale here with Red Riding Hood-- I'm wondering if his romantic ideas of chivalry and his love of fary tale tropes like the prince and princess are tied in with his upbringing in North Blue, which has a Nordic flavor to it from what we've seen.) It seems that he motivated himself to get up and get over what he couldn't do and concentrate on what he could do to help-- just like the speech he gave Usopp.
    Thriller Bark
    Tried to step up and take Zoro's place as the sacrifice to Kuma.
    Shabondy Park
    Starts berating himself when crewmembers keep disappearing because he can't protect them.

    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/513/09/
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/513/10/
    Blames himself for this and makes irrational decisions in anger and frustration.

    Whew! I'm sure there's more, and that's just one major aspect of Sanji's persnality. I'm too tired to do more right now.
    Last edited by bevin; August 27th, 2009 at 04:36 PM.
    If you spoiler me, I will eat you with tater tots.

  12. #712
    zoros armourbearer dwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    switzerland

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji

    Quote Originally Posted by goty View Post
    Vote for the man who made these awesomeness possible:

    [youtube]o3OnQJ2_b2k[/youtube]

    [youtube]cOfY7XBbbVk[/youtube]
    Vote for Sanji. The awesome man !


  13. #713

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji

    Quote Originally Posted by TealBlueShore View Post
    Oh, okay. So, your post wasn't serious back there?
    I do believe we have a chance to push Roger through this round. It's a small chance but still a chance. Look what's happening here : one of the lamest villains in shonen history is embarassing a one of the most badass and funniest character in OP. Miracles happen

  14. #714

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji

    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteFR View Post
    Look what's happening here : one of the lamest villains in shonen history is embarassing a one of the most badass and funniest character in OP. Miracles happen
    Since when is Sanji a villain?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  15. #715
    We are just that damn maji Dragon Warrior Steve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji

    This is true lunacy. If Buggy wins, he's only going to get his ass handed to him in the semi finals. Sanji can make it to the finals. I want to see that happen.

  16. #716
    The Powers that Be Airflow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Manchester

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji

    Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    You have to account for the people voting for Buggy just to lower the number of Straw Hats in the finals or as I'd like to call them, the lame people.
    ooooooh, that's me

  17. #717
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji

    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteFR View Post
    I do believe we have a chance to push Roger through this round. It's a small chance but still a chance. Look what's happening here : one of the lamest villains in shonen history is embarassing a one of the most badass and funniest character in OP. Miracles happen
    Really?

    Cheap shots now?

    Ohh how the mighty Sanji fanboys have sucken to new depths.

  18. #718
    Discovered Stowaway Hawkeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Jersey

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji

    Quote Originally Posted by goty View Post
    So Buggy's flaws make him 'more human'. Sanji's flaws make him 'lame'. That's really unbiased.
    Well Buggy's flaws are being selfish and weak and what are Sanji's flaws? Being a pervert? Yeah, I definitely understand why there are so many Buggy fans now. People could connect to his selfishness and weaknesses. Doing whatever it takes to get on top no matter how underhanded it is. Life is a struggle for him and cheating is how he gets around it. If anything it is somewhat admirable, which I do use loosely. Stabbing people when they're not looking and such makes him a reoccurring villain unlike most in One Piece, who are indeed mostly powerhouses.

    Sanji on the hand is a pervert and has a bit of a temper issue. These weaknesses might make him funny but they aren't weaknesses many of us connect to even if we have them.


  19. #719
    Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    Join Date
    May 2009

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Warrior View Post
    This is true lunacy. If Buggy wins, he's only going to get his ass handed to him in the semi finals. Sanji can make it to the finals. I want to see that happen.
    Buggy can potentially be in the up coming chapters, giving him a greater chance at grabbing votes then say... Sanji.

  20. #720

    Default Re: Buggy vs. Sanji

    Quote Originally Posted by bevin View Post
    Okay, I wasn't going to get involved with the heavy campaigning this round since I'm still kind of disheartened about the Nami vs. Roger fight. I think someone mentioned the idea of a film critic looking at these two guys and seeing who had more character development, and while I'm not a critic, I am majoring in critical film studies, and since I'm home sick today, eh, I'll just wade in and make everything worse.

    Buggy
    Spoiler:
    Buggy's a really fun character. I've never quite gotten him the same way a lot of people have, but he is a lot of fun when he shows up and he's got a great voice actor in the anime. I haven't really read into him much because there's not a whole lot to work with yet, but there is a backstory in there that Oda's working around to. I'm not going to try and speculate much on that because Oda usually surprises me anyway. He seems like an opportunist who looks for the easy money because he doesn't like putting himself at risk. He's on his way to the big war right now only because being on the ship with Luffy and the Shichibukai was safer than staying at Impel down with a rampaging Magellan. Before this, the last time we saw him he was mining for treasure with his crew. We know he bears a grudge against Shanks because he blames him for his accidental eating of the devil fruit, which he only wanted to sell. This is all part of what makes him fun; he's an opportunistic bully with self-esteem issues (why else would he still be kicking around East Blue after Shanks and everyone else went off to the Grand Line and The New World? why else would he be so sensitive about his nose?) and way more luck than anyone aside from Luffy has any right to have. ;) However, that's about all we know about him at the moment.


    Sanji
    Spoiler:
    Sanji is one of the first characters in the series I really identified with. He's a really interesting mix of tough-guy exterior but inner softie. But the really interesting thing about him is that his genuine toughness comes from his caring for other people and his desire to protect them. At first this seems like it only extends to attractive women, but you actually see him doing it with other people, too, he's just less goofy about it. In fact, a lot of people cite his horniness as his defining characteristic, but I actually think it's self-sacrifice.
    The Baratie
    He stays at the Baratie despite Zeff and the other chefs actually trying to drive him off, giving up on his dream because of his obligation to Zeff for giving up his own dream to save him. He was willing to die to keep Zeff's restaurant in one piece just a little bit longer because he understood that it was Zeff's second dream. And since he'd let Gin go and bring Don Krieg there, if it had been destroyed or stolen, it's like he would have killed Zeff's dream for the second time.
    http://wenchpress.com/bevin/notmine/...ratiestand.jpg
    He sticks it out through their worst insults, but it's only when he learns that they respect his cooking and want him to go for his own ambitions that he finally relents.
    Arlong Park
    During his fight with Kuroobi, it was the idea that he couldn't protect anyone that got him angry. This comes up again later in more subtle ways.
    Drum Island
    Uses himself as a catapult to get Luffy and Nami to safety during the avalanche, and as a result, winds up falling into it himself. He fractures his spine doing this, but later knowingly tries to go into battle against Wapol, even with the threat of re-injury. It take Kureha literally sitting on him to keep him out of the fight.
    Alabasta
    Switches up his first fight to go after Bon Clay because he beat up Usopp and stole his goggles.
    Skypeia
    Makes a sacrifice play on board Enel's ark to save both Usopp and Nami, taking another huge jolt of lightning so they could get away, and probably expecting to go down with the ship when it crashed.
    Water 7
    Goes after Robin and Usopp alone against a huge number of government agents, including the monsters of CP9.
    Eneis Lobby
    Despite his moral refusal to ever strike a woman no matter what the circumstances, does try to fight against Califa, using intimidation to try and get her to give up. When it doesn't work, and Nami has to go fight her instead, we see him briefly sitting, looking depressed and defeated, probably because he'd once again failed to protect/save Robin.
    http://wenchpress.com/bevin/notmine/...ibubblesit.jpg
    We don't see the aftermath of the tub landing on him, but the next time we see him, it's him showing up in the nick of time to save Usopp from Jyabura. (Interestingly, he invokes another European fairy tale here with Red Riding Hood-- I'm wondering if his romantic ideas of chivalry and his love of fary tale tropes like the prince and princess are tied in with his upbringing in North Blue, which has a Nordic flavor to it from what we've seen.) It seems that he motivated himself to get up and get over what he couldn't do and concentrate on what he could do to help-- just like the speech he gave Usopp.
    Thriller Bark
    Tried to step up and take Zoro's place as the sacrifice to Kuma.
    Shabondy Park
    Starts berating himself when crewmembers keep disappearing because he can't protect them.
    http://wenchpress.com/bevin/notmine/...umaprotect.jpg
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/513/09/
    http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/513/10/
    Blames himself for this and makes irrational decisions in anger and frustration.

    Whew! I'm sure there's more, and that's just one major aspect of Sanji's persnality. I'm too tired to do more right now.
    i love you for this .. you mentioned nearly everything i like about his character ^-^

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts