+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 127 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118 119 120 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,360 of 2540

Thread: Star Wars Universe - Resurrection F

  1. #2341

    Default Re: Star Wars Universe

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Is CoC supposed to be episode 2?
    No, I originally left Solo and Rogue 1 out and accidentally left AotC out when I decided to put them in there after all.
    Complicating things since 2009.

  2. #2342

    Default Re: Star Wars Universe

    1. Revenge Of The Sith
    2. Phantom Menace
    3. A New Hope
    4. Empire Strikes Back
    5. The Force Awakens
    6. Attack Of The Clones
    7. Return Of The Jedi

    This list might change when and if ever I see the other movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  3. #2343
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: Star Wars Universe

    I don't hate tlj with all the vitriol others on the internet seem to, but I just can't forgive it for butchering Luke like that. The guy who bet his life, and the lives of his friends to redeem his evil, monstrous father is suddenly gonna try to straight up murder his nephew cause he had some bad thoughts? Yeah, sorry but I ain't buying it. Still gonna see tros at some point though. I wanna see if disney can extinguish thus dumpster fire even a little bit.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  4. #2344

    Default Re: Star Wars Universe

    Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    I don't hate tlj with all the vitriol others on the internet seem to, but I just can't forgive it for butchering Luke like that. The guy who bet his life, and the lives of his friends to redeem his evil, monstrous father is suddenly gonna try to straight up murder his nephew cause he had some bad thoughts? Yeah, sorry but I ain't buying it. Still gonna see tros at some point though. I wanna see if disney can extinguish thus dumpster fire even a little bit.
    The same guy who kissed his sister on the lips in the first movie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  5. #2345
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: Star Wars Universe

    Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    The same guy who kissed his sister on the lips in the first movie
    I'm not one of those people who believes George had everything planned out from the beginning. Maybe he planned Luke and Leia to get together before making them siblings. That or tatooine is the alabama of the star wars galaxy.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  6. #2346

    Default Re: Star Wars Universe

    Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    I'm not one of those people who believes George had everything planned out from the beginning. Maybe he planned Luke and Leia to get together before making them siblings. That or tatooine is the alabama of the star wars galaxy.
    Hey when you grow up on a planet where practically the only female you've ever met is your aunt you're willing to lock lips with the first girl you meet in person no questions asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  7. #2347

    Default Re: Star Wars Universe

    Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    I don't hate tlj with all the vitriol others on the internet seem to, but I just can't forgive it for butchering Luke like that. The guy who bet his life, and the lives of his friends to redeem his evil, monstrous father is suddenly gonna try to straight up murder his nephew cause he had some bad thoughts? Yeah, sorry but I ain't buying it. Still gonna see tros at some point though. I wanna see if disney can extinguish thus dumpster fire even a little bit.
    The whole ST have butchered the OT in ways the PT could only dream.

  8. #2348

    Default Re: Star Wars Universe

    For what it's worth, Hamill himself had misgivings about the way Luke was portrayed in TLJ. From recent comments, so did John Boyega about Finn and his being shoved into a distant secondary role.
    Complicating things since 2009.

  9. #2349
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: Star Wars Universe

    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    For what it's worth, Hamill himself had misgivings about the way Luke was portrayed in TLJ. From recent comments, so did John Boyega about Finn and his being shoved into a distant secondary role.
    That's a shame. Finn is the only new character I actually like. I don't hate any of the others, I just don't care about them either.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Chaos View Post
    The whole ST have butchered the OT in ways the PT could only dream.
    The prequels aren't even that bad. There are just a lot of contrarian asses on the internet who can screech the loudest. The worst I can say about the prequels is that they are boring in some areas, some of the dialogue is stiff, and midichlorians, just...midichlorians blegh.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Wait, apparently the leaks are accurate? THAT'S how disney decided to end this thing?! Really?!
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  10. #2350

    Default Re: Star Wars Universe

    Lol can't believe that guy ended up being right about Rey.

  11. #2351
    Aspiring Film Critic TLC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malta

    Default Re: Star Wars Universe

    Like or hate TLJ, it did a horrible job being the second film in a trilogy.

  12. #2352
    Whirlwind of Cabbages Yobiyopi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Italy

    Default Re: Star Wars Universe

    TLJ inadvertedly provided a better story through its marketing and public reception than its own

  13. #2353

    Default Re: Star Wars Universe

    Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    Like or hate TLJ, it did a horrible job being the second film in a trilogy.
    Specially when after the 2h of the movie both sides of the confront stand on about the same situation they were in the beginning.

    If they wanted to do a disillusioned Luke they could at least show him failing in help the galaxy achieve peace and what horrible thoughts and visions Snooke had indoctrinated Kylo on.







  14. #2354
    Division Commander Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Limbo

    Default Re: Star Wars Universe

    I fully expect the discourse for this film to feature a refrain of "well, it HAD to be this way. TLJ left them no options! Its not this movies fault, they had literally no choice but to revive the emperor, and it being the most cynical grabbing for low-hanging fanservice is a pure coincidence..."

    You'd think this excuse could've also applied to TLJ, itself a sequel, but somehow that doesn't seem to be the case.

  15. #2355

  16. #2356
    Division Commander Daz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Limbo

    Default Re: Star Wars Universe

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I feel sort of bad for JJ. I can't think of a harder film for him to have to follow up on, not just because of fan rage, but because Rian left the characters in such weird places and didn't at all make the villains seem worthy of finishing the trilogy, thus Palpatine. Kylo just looked so pathetic at the end of TLJ, that I had no interest in seeing what would happen next. What could happen? We have ample proof that Rey is better than him at this stuff, and Hux seemed to be just as incompetent.
    To me, Kylo Ren as the First Order leader was an excellent story hook. He's not a cackling manipulator or a ominous enforcer, he's a mess of self-doubt, petulant self-entitlement and barely restrained rage. You take someone that volatile and make him in charge of the galaxys largest, fascistic military force? A leader who doesn't seem remotely interested in properly managing his empire but rather uses it as a vessel for his unrestrained id? Thats interesting! Thats new! What does the first order under his leadership look like?

    But instead, after breaking the shackles of a wizened old manipulator, and assuming leadership in a violent act of self-actualization...Kylo Ren goes right back to taking orders from a wizened old manipulator. Sigh.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    So, how's that RT score lookin'?

    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sta..._of_skywalker/

    D'oh!
    Obviously Disney has paid off all the reviewers again!

    ...but this time, its to make bad reviews in order to drum up excitement for Rian Johnsons new trilogy! They're playing the long game!

  17. #2357
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: Star Wars Universe

    Disney was playing 3000d chess all along. Their plan to unite all the star wars fans was to make all the star wars fans hate star wars! Brilliant!
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  18. #2358

    Default Re: Star Wars Universe

    I'm still excited and I still have my tickets to go see the movie tomorrow but it sounds like they actually did it. They perfectly emulated the Original Trilogy with an extremely strong middle movie that goes in bold new places with the franchise leading into an extremely safe movie that does nothing new and is only focused on sticking the landing to any degree even if it has to be safe and unremarkable while doing it.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

  19. #2359

    Default Re: Star Wars Universe

    Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    I'm still excited and I still have my tickets to go see the movie tomorrow but it sounds like they actually did it. They perfectly emulated the Original Trilogy with an extremely strong middle movie that goes in bold new places with the franchise leading into an extremely safe movie that does nothing new and is only focused on sticking the landing to any degree even if it has to be safe and unremarkable while doing it.
    And remember that Empire was despised when it originally came out while Ewok was heralded as a return to form.

  20. #2360
    Shipmate Lord Starfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The middle of nowhere

    Default Re: Star Wars Universe

    Just saw it. Disclaimer: I say this as someone who genuinely liked TLJ but was skeptical about this one because I felt it left things in a very awkward place...
    In terms of entertainment value alone, the movie succeeds with flying colors. In terms of the writing... it more or less sticks the landing, but not without stumbling a few times and pulling several things I really hoped they wouldn't do. Namely...
    Spoiler:
    -Bringing back Palpatine, though we all knew that.
    -ANOTHER planet-destroying superweapon. ENOUGH, already!
    -Redemption Equals Death for Ben Solo. ngl, I would rather he lived while Rey died.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts