+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The Wheel of Time (Spoiler Warning)

Default Re: The Wheel of Time (Spoiler Warning)

Is anyone else really disappointed that there is a possible Wheel of Time movie coming out?

From what I read, it wasn't a WoT movie, but a miniseries of The Eye of the World.

anybody played the pc game anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by brennen.exe View Post
    From what I read, it wasn't a WoT movie, but a miniseries of The Eye of the World.
    No no no, I mean the movie that might be put out by Red Eagle entertainment, whom Robert Jordan disliked with great intensity.

Hmm. Haven't heard of it. While I spent 5 minutes on Google in search of it, I came across this. Pretty interesting, as I could totally imagine a good many of these actor/actresses playing their respective parts. Anyhow, thought I would share it, haha:

Who would you cast for The Wheel of Time?

BEST! BREAST!! CON-TEST!!! dirt monkey AL's Avatar

Hmm. Haven't heard of it. While I spent 5 minutes on Google in search of it, I came across this. Pretty interesting, as I could totally imagine a good many of these actor/actresses playing their respective parts. Anyhow, thought I would share it, haha:

Who would you cast for The Wheel of Time?
    Isn't Aviendha not in the Eye of the World, and ain't Tuon (also nonexistant in EotW) black? She's darker at least.

hahahaha

Hopkins as anyone in WoT makes me lole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silence View Post
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt monkey AL View Post
    Isn't Aviendha not in the Eye of the World, and ain't Tuon (also nonexistant in EotW) black? She's darker at least.
    Well, that whole thing was for the whole series, not just the first book. Though it did use the first books cover art. Yeah, Tuon is black. Whoever chose that Chinese actress obviously didn't pay much attention to character descriptions. (As if the horrible cover art for the book wasn't enough). I love the idea of Pedron Nial being played by Clint Eastwood. Kind of.

brennen, I have to thank you for posting that link, because the sheer "rightness" I felt at the thought of Viggo Mortensen playing Lan improved the quality of my night.

I started reading the Wheel of Time in 7th grade, about 5 years ago. It's a very interesting series, especially because I don't mind the length and amount of plotlines. brennen's right, another read through would be best to cement everything in my memory. Perhaps I'll reread the series after A Memory of Light. But I think I more or less remember all of the plotlines. One thing's for sure, you have to commend Jordan for creating a story that basically takes a bunch of farm kids and spins them out into the world, weaving complex plots and intricate patterns together into one story. It's a very enjoyable series to immerse yourself in if you can handle the scope of the story.

It has been awile since i have read the books but did they say who killed Asmodean ?

It hasn't been revealed yet. Brandon Sanderson says he's gonna reveal it in the final book though.
    And when this manga closes out, and Luffy's arm stretches back to deliver that last punch, I wanna feel the crunch of the dream coming true.

My best guess would be Aviendha. According to Jordan, it wasn't supposed to be a mystery and should have been "intuitively obvious". The only person who falls under that category is Aviendha; especially considering her comments about "Jasin Natael", her free reign with her knife, and her being one of the few people who would have been close enough and had the time. Since Jordan learned we were all so confused about it, he purposely "hid" the fact from revealing itself later, which would explain why we never had Aviendha "think" about it since then. Unforuntately, I cannot remember exactly what happened in that chapter, so I will have to check later when I am at home...

I said I'd photoshop Luffy's head onto Rand's body, and dammit, here it is. It seems quickest and easiest just to switch out my own avatar for a little while instead of putting it anywhere... Grab if it you want Dirt Monkey Al, and if not... I shall just promptly go back to the other... thing... I had.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Speaking of which, has anyone see or liked any particular fanart for the series? I found a few I liked a while back ago and used them for bookmarks while I read.

Quote Originally Posted by robbybevard View Post
    I said I'd photoshop Luffy's head onto Rand's body, and dammit, here it is. It seems quickest and easiest just to switch out my own avatar for a little while instead of putting it anywhere... Grab if it you want Dirt Monkey Al, and if not... I shall just promptly go back to the other... thing... I had.
    Have I told you today that I love you?

EDIT: you's can do magic on signature image?
    Last edited by dirt monkey AL; January 30th, 2009 at 11:39 AM. Reason: funniest book covers ever

Have I told you today that I love you?

EDIT: you's can do magic on signature image?
    As a matter of fact you haven't, but its always nice to hear.

I'll see what I can do about that other one later. I'll want to find a shot more closely approximating the angle of the head this time, because that really would have worked better if I'd used a shot of Luffy's head at an angle. (IE- more than 3 seconds of searching)

Slightly on topic...
    Ta'veren is just sorta... a walking forgivable dues ex machina isn't it? "Its not stupid coincidence that he happened to run into this random person again or be at the right place at the right time... its Ta'veren! All of them!"
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Which reminds me that I hate Rand. Well, not hate, since how can you hate a pimp like him, but I find Mat and Perrin to be a thousand times more interesting.

I'm torn between Mat and Rand. I get so bored with Perrin. He is so incredibly over the top emo it drives me up the walls. At least Rand and Mat suck it up and take action. The dude sits around whining and tying knots in a leather cord all day. "I'm gonna go pout in the snow and freeze half to death so the hottest woman in the world outside of Lanfear caresses my naked body; then, when I wake up, I will be pissed off at her for it." As if Faile wasn't the single most annoying character in the entire series...
    Haha, I admit Perrin got on my nerves later on, but that was also when Mat really picked up. Mat had been doing a lot of wandering/nothing in the first couple of books. Though I'll always enjoy those chapters where he's leaving Tar Valon.

Rand's just a giant walking wang.

Rand's just a giant walking wang.
    I sympathize with Rand. He has to deal with a lot of crap, and has a crazy man cooped up in his head trying to take over. Anyway, take your pick; I only spent a few minutes searching and photoshopping, so hopefully robby does better. lol. One serious Luffy, and one poorly drawn Luffy for the poorly drawn Rand:

Oops. I deleted my post:

Quote Originally Posted by robbybevard View Post
    Ta'veren is just sorta... a walking forgivable dues ex machina isn't it? "Its not stupid coincidence that he happened to run into this random person again or be at the right place at the right time... its Ta'veren! All of them!"
    Not necessarily. It doesn't always work in their favor, it just twists chance. "It might have happened once in one thousand times..."

Which reminds me that I hate Rand. Well, not hate, since how can you hate a pimp like him, but I find Mat and Perrin to be a thousand times more interesting.
    I'm torn between Mat and Rand. I get so bored with Perrin. He is so incredibly over the top emo it drives me up the walls. At least Rand and Mat suck it up and take action. The dude sits around whining and tying knots in a leather cord all day. "I'm gonna go pout in the snow and freeze half to death so the hottest woman in the world outside of Lanfear caresses my naked body; then, when I wake up, I will be pissed off at her for it." As if Faile wasn't the single most annoying character in the entire series...
    Last edited by brennen.exe; January 30th, 2009 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Which is why I have been stuck on the last few chapters of book 10 for over a week.

i can't tell which one i love more
    Last edited by dirt monkey AL; January 30th, 2009 at 12:49 PM. Reason: unfortunately, I gotta squish 'em down to fit sig restrictions

I can't tell which one I love more. Unfortunately, I gotta squish 'em down to fit sig restrictions.
    How about we combine them then!? Have no fear, multiple choice is here:

Last edited by brennen.exe; January 30th, 2009 at 12:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information