+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates of the Caribbean

Default Re: Pirates of the Caribbean 4

1 was probably the best in matters of my opinion, but I could hardly understand Sparrow in 2, but had no problem with 3.

I'm all for it. Be it a sequel or not. It's a good franchise with memorable characters. The original is a great stand alone movie. And the sequals were okey, perhaps biting off more than they could chew but still midly entertaining movies alright.

There are books?

3 was superior to 1 in every way, but you guys seem to associate 3 with 2 which dwindles it's awesomeness.

Either way, 4 will star Sparrow and Barbossa; critic is unnecessary.

Depends. If Will and Elizabeth aren't used, and it focuses purely on Jack and Barbossa I think it could be worth seeing. If it drags those two into an un-necessary plotline then I think it's just them miliking a dead franchise.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

if Elizatrick and wii is out, then I'll look into it.

Why do people hate them so much? Because they are the ones which bring drama? The movies would have been pretty sad on story without them.

Also, 3 is not better than 1. 3 was better than 2. But 3 still carried the "Ehness" of 2, man was I confused during plenty of parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Caracal View Post
    and it focuses purely on Jack and Barbossa I think it could be worth seeing.
    Yknow to me that would probably be horrible, since one of the thing i really loved about the first movie was that it was before Jack became the most loved character of all time and all the focus wasnt on Jack, he was given just the right amount of screen time for him to shine without making him annoying.

With that said id think Will and Elizabeth should be scrapped and new leading characters should be introduced, and no convaluted storylines for gods sake, just give us a simple 1.5 hour pirate adventure with a small romantic subplot that is not dripping with too much magic.

The 1st movie was the best - I found part 3 story wise not thaaaaaaat good but that´s perhaps just me...
    2 wasn´t bad too,but the 1st movie was the best (IMO).

A fourth part could be very good - or very bad xDD
    Oh well,I guess we just have to wait and see ^^

3 had: the most epic sea battle ever, Jack Sparrow losing his mind, meeting his dad, 7 shichibukai, a curse that is lifted at the end, and Barbossa as the captain of the black pearl again.

Also, I saw the movie half drunk, at 12am on a friday night after working a 10 hour shift and hitting the bar, I was never confused in the slightest. I don't understand why people get confused by 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Refii View Post
    3 had: the most epic sea battle ever, Jack Sparrow losing his mind, meeting his dad, 7 shichibukai, a curse that is lifted at the end, and Barbossa as the captain of the black pearl again.

Also, I saw the movie half drunk, at 12am on a friday night after working a 10 hour shift and hitting the bar, I was never confused in the slightest. I don't understand why people get confused by 3.
    You don't? Really?

Half drunk = happy, not having lost sense of understanding.
    Lots of work = I don't want to watch something that requires a lot of brainpower.

Potc3 = Jack is dead, Jack is saved, 7 captains meet, Will does something dumb, Elizabeth becomes queen and secretely craves Sparrow, Barbossa is the hero, Sparrow is the hero, Will is saved, Pirates win. It was straightforward imo.

Most of us who mention the "confusing" stuff are referring to the whole "Calypso" crap.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Luffy Batter's Avatar

Calypso was pretty simple.

She loved Davy Jones. She made Davy Jones who he became. Davy betrayed her. Her power was sealed. people though Elizabeth was Calypso. Barbarossa tied to unleash Calypso to win the war. He failed.

Calypso needed to brush her teeth.
    Use a fish bone or chew on wood.

so guys good news, filming is set for spring of next year.
    http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/07/24/...n-spring-2010/
    can't wait till then!
    "Wasn't the Internet made for scanlations in the first place?"- Simon Jones

Yeah, apparently they sort of want a reboot, or atleast a film with no ties but Depp.

Because to be hones't Cap'n Jack's the face of those movies really, isn't he ?

(I still love that rumour that Russell Brand was to appear as his Brother!)
    Quote Originally Posted by sanji499 View Post
    I wonder what was Bale's reaction when the stunt double broke the imax camera?
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    In the United States we don't have much manga around, specifically One Piece, and mainly the newer chapters - Jan 2011

Whole trilogy were good, I liked the Davy Jones thing. But this fourt one? Main question is, whats with your sig Buuhan?
    ΠΛΑΝΗΤΕΣ [Air Gear 243. The best. Chapter. Ever.]

I hope it's based on Tim Powers book "On Stranger Tides"

This book follows the exploits of John "Jack Shandy" Chandagnac, who travels to the new world after the death of his puppeteer father to confront his uncle, who apparently has made off with the family inheritance. During the voyage, he gets to know a woman named Beth Hurwood and her father, an Oxford professor. Before they arrive, their ship is waylaid by pirates and, with the help of the professor and his assistant, the captain is killed and Chandagnac is forced to join the pirate crew. The reader discovers a sinister plot being concocted by the professor involving his dead wife, his living daughter and Blackbeard. Chandagnac, now known as "Jack Shandy", must put a stop to these plans and save Beth Hurwood.

And it actually makes some sense if you go by the end of the 3rd movie there was a reference to New World and Fountain of Youth

And also hope for Barbosa and Sparrow but no Turner or Swan

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Their story has ended. I'm still hoping for a MI homage here...how Jack became a pirate and defeated the ghost pirate Les Paul.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information