+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/12 "A Trap on Lovely Street! His Highness Eneru!" Dub Discussion

Default Re: 1/12 "A Trap on Lovely Street! His Highness Eneru!" Dub Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by RomanGod View Post
    Well, that's what KF translated it as.
    you mean I've been defending a fan translation all this time?
    For with a closing door, another surely opens
    Just you wait and see,
    And when you look back on where we've been together
    Wherever you may be
    I hope that you remember me

Just can't take it anymore RomanGod's Avatar

Pretty much. Though it could be spelled that way. Who knows?
    Everything was all for nothing

...wait...vearth, varse....what's it supposed to be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobster Pot-Sticker View Post
    What kind of duck is that!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Andriano of Alkaline Trio View Post
    Don't be sad because all your friends hate you, they're all just trendy assholes! =D

that's what I get for not doing research I guess . Man I had no idea, I thought it was 100% Vearth no question about it. Maybe 4Kids and Toei aren't as dimwitted as I thought
    Just you wait and see,
    Wherever you may be

Quote Originally Posted by RomanGod View Post
    Pretty much. Though it could be spelled that way. Who knows?
    I wonder...has Oda written it has "Vearth"?

DOes anyone find the line when luffy replied to Conis about death a bit off?

To be honest, there's actual legit cause for spelling the name out as "Vearth". For one, the "su" can act as a "Th" sound in the japanese language, since there isn't anything that sounds close enough, maybe outside of "hu/fu", but that's stretching it. Second, getting into a slight spoiler territory, is made of actual soil, which came from the world the characters are from. Also, The way the japanese would pronounce the english word for "Earth", would be "a-su". This is a logical reasoning for choosing "Vearth".

EDIT: Also, episode is uploaded. So check the first page...
    Last edited by ChibiGoku; January 12th, 2008 at 09:28 PM.

oooooh, its one of thooooose situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobster Pot-Sticker View Post
    What kind of duck is that!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Andriano of Alkaline Trio View Post
    Don't be sad because all your friends hate you, they're all just trendy assholes! =D

On the cosplay cruise! MoonNeko's Avatar

Thanks for the Ep Chibi-Goku!!!

Toriko's Choice Ass Mrs.RoronoaZoro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HEATXZ View Post
    Sonny did a good job with Usopp in this episode
    I agree. I was sitting there (between all the lmao-ing over the big "ShoopDaWhoop/Kamehameha/FinalJudgment") saying "Usopp's voice is awesome!"

BTW, I liked this episode, even though it was slow as hell. I couldn't stop laughing at shit that wasn't supposed to be funny.

I still laughed when Luffy wanted the other boat in the Funi version.
    Last edited by MB1456; January 12th, 2008 at 09:43 PM.

On the cosplay cruise! MoonNeko's Avatar

They did a very good job with that line too about the other Boat, I almost peed my pants xD Sometimes I forget what Luffy is about to do since I haven't recapped Skypiea eps as much as Water 7 xD

Quote Originally Posted by MoonNeko View Post
    They did a very good job with that line too about the other Boat, I almost peed my pants xD Sometimes I forget what Luffy is about to do since I haven't recapped Skypiea eps as much as Water 7 xD
    Well I did watch Skypiea last summer, so i can recall a few things like luffy saying he was "pumped up for death."

I 'll watch the episode upload tomorrow.
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Wow, no edits and no cuts besides the obvious no cigarette for Sanji. Quexinos approves ^_^
    Just you wait and see,
    Wherever you may be

So, we're discussing Vearth now? XD

Oh well, I liked the episode. I actually never saw Skypiea, so seeing Eneru's big thunderbolt was like, o_o for me.
    My Livejournal/blog
    Quote Originally Posted by JERK DISEASE View Post
    His character is dull now anyway, he's a smug little ace, I miss the part 1 Shikamaru, the dunce who was actually smart. That whole thematic world is dead and gone and I don't think Kishi even remembers it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Faithful Shinigami View Post
    So, we're discussing Vearth now? XD
    eh, not really, I just thought Oda had Romanized it that way but I was wrong
    Just you wait and see,
    Wherever you may be

We used Vearth for the subs, it was among the first things we tried to get changed. I think the reason for Varse might be that someone at 4Kids/Toei thought it came from a katakana version of "universe", which it could very well have, but there's only one way to find out for sure: Project Interrogate Oda. But kidding aside, it just makes way more sense to me as "earth" (as in "soil") with a V in front of it.

EDIT: I seem to recall hearing "Varse" mentioned in one of the OP games, so maybe that's why it was kept.

The episode was slow but still great! Oh and I definitely heard Varse.

Good to know, Mato, thanks.
    Just you wait and see,
    Wherever you may be

Very good episode. It makes me kind of sad there isn't as much Luffy and Sanji interaction after this arc because seriously, they're hilarious together. XD Sanji's VA is really growing on me.

The scene with Conis was very emotional. Laura Bailey did a wonderful job.

The preliminary part of the arc's pretty much over now. The real excitement's starting. :D Since I'm too lazy to load the CD with all my Skypiea episodes on it, anything in particular to look forward to next episode? I think it has Zoro saying he didn't believe in God, so we'll see how that'll turn out with King and such.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information