+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst anime adaptation?

Default The worst anime adaptation?

Which manga do you think was seriously butchered whan adapted into an anime series? Simple as that.

I came up with the question after watching a couple of Eyeshield episodes. That series was not just terrible, it's an insult to the original and to the viewer.

The art is so bad even I could do better, animation even worse, there are numerous fillers and even the story itself is altered, voice acting is terrible, proper use of music non-existent and sound effects in general make babies die in their cradles (goes for One Piece too, ever paid attention to Zoro's swords' metallic sounds or clenching of fists? Oh god). Seeing as how well-drawn and done the manga is, this shit is just too much.

Don't watch it.

Default Re: The worst anime adaptation?

Fullmetal Alchemist and GANTZ.

[/topic]

Flame of Recca was pretty horrendous

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

dont know about the worst but the one that was most disapointing for me was definitly One piece atleast the early episodes of it which was a huge kick in the groin cause i loved the Buggy arc, i mean the action scenes were unwatchable and the animation looked like it was made in power point. Now admitidly they have cleaned it up alot and i do love most of the VAs but yet Luffys stretching still looks awful to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigan View Post
    voice acting is terrible.
    disagree about some of the other points too but damn how can you be dissing on the VAs everybody from Hah-hah brothers to Hiruma was spot on!

Fullmetal Alchemist was the first thing that popped into my mind when I read the thread topic, then I saw that Gohn got to it first.

FMA was awesome, better then the manga (especially the Dub). Lets see, I'm not sure what really is horrible, well maybe Samurai Deeper Kyo? And how about...n/m

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Master View Post
    FMA was awesome, better then the manga (especially the Dub). Lets see, I'm not sure what really is horrible, well maybe Samurai Deeper Kyo? And how about...n/m
    The FMA anime was terrible compared to the manga. I really didn't like the dub either given how they changed a lot of dialog. Hell, the Naruto dub sticks to the original better than the FMA dub did.

Hellsing TV.

D. Gray-Man

The animation itself isn't too bad (save a few episodes) but they made the series into an anime way too early and now there are more filler episodes then actual canon stuff. It's also changed the story around a little, and I hate the voices for some of the characters.

Other than that, I'll agree with Eyeshield 21, and (at times) One Piece.

Am I the only one on the forum that actually like the Fullmetal Alchemist anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanks1Piece View Post
    Other than that, I'll agree with Eyeshield 21, and (at times) One Piece.
    One Piece? On the list of worst anime-adaptions? I've seen lots of worse adaptions than OP... Like, Naruto Shippuuden, the newer Bleach-episodes, certain parts of DBZ, (Most notably the Freeza-arc. God, they should have added fillers BEFORE the infamous "five minutes", not during them!) and Shaman King. I'd say the anime-version of One Piece is one of the better adaptions I've seen, although the animation isn't all that good, and that it sometimes feels a bit dragged out. (But at least they have a valid reason, unlike Pierrot, who can't seem to realise how far behind the Naruto anime is. They should easily be able to put three chapters into each episode.)

A few that come to mind mostly due to how short or changed they were:
    -ES21: mostly pretty good but really ruined some of the key points, including the NASA game (come on, Panther screwed up? How's that supposed to reveal Apollo's racism?), how Deimon got home from the US and some of the revelations. (not showing the Ojo/Shinryuji game)
    -Hoshin Engi: I mostly liked the series prior to the last few episodes, but I heard from manga fans the series was ruined.
    -Black Cat: never saw the series or read the manga but...yeah, Gonzo.

Can't really say about FMA: the manga is much more complex from what many say but the anime was pretty good at telling its own story...up to a point. (turning Al into the Philosopher's Stone, sending Ed to WWI Germany)
    Y'know, Negima WAS awesome...
    For the first 18 volumes.

I just think the manga version of Fullmetal is better than the anime, but I do love Vic's acting, though.

I felt the anime deviated from the manga a little too much. But I still love it, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobster Pot-Sticker View Post
    What kind of duck is that!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Andriano of Alkaline Trio View Post
    Don't be sad because all your friends hate you, they're all just trendy assholes! =D

LET'S HIT THOSE SHOWERS Zeether's Avatar

Negima: First series sucked, second series wasn't even canon

Tsukihime: Manfaced women, doesn't even follow a specific character's path (they threw in random character routes for no reason), battle with Nrvnsqr was crap. So bad that no one believes it exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    ONCE YOU ARLONG PORK, YOU CAN NEVER GO KOSHER
    Quote Originally Posted by AWB View Post
    Why is the table you're sitting at have an erection?

I say nay unto all the FMA anime haters. It may not have been as good as the manga (LOL manga IZ Alwayz bestorsz), but it was still damn good if you ask me. But whatever

Brawl FC: 3823 8204 8139

in b4 eyeshieldohwait

I also had very little tolerance for the Death Note anime.

Quote Originally Posted by gaara d. lucci View Post
    I say nay unto all the FMA anime haters. It may not have been as good as the manga (LOL manga IZ Alwayz bestorsz), but it was still damn good if you ask me. But whatever
    No one's saying "Manga is always better...sz....zzz...", just that, compared to the well-structured story and characters of the FMA manga, the anime, with its "angst > story" mentality, ridiculous plot points, goofy original characters (still trying to see how a crying child with a mommy complex is a good representation of wrath), and absolutely moronic use of WWII, just pales in comparison.

Also, Alchemy = dead jews = WHAT?!

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

Quote Originally Posted by gaara d. lucci View Post
    Homonculus: OH GOSH GOLLY, I WISH I WAS HUMAN EVEN THOUGH I STILL FEEL EMOTION AND AM BETTER THAN A HUMAN IN EVERY WAY POSSIBLE

Wrath, Sloth, Lust, and Envy were just so, so awful.

Dante was so tacked on and pointless, the entire plot was completely reduced to angst-driven character development, and oh, let's not forget that the other side of the gate is our realm during WWI. LOL NICE ONE, BONES.

So yeah, in this case, LOL manga IZ Always bestorsz.

LET'S HIT THOSE SHOWERS Zeether's Avatar

Galaxy Angel Rune: The game/manga are better, anime is just pure crap. Also don't go looking for a dub, Bandai Visual released it which means SUBZ ONLY
    Quote Originally Posted by taboo View Post
    ONCE YOU ARLONG PORK, YOU CAN NEVER GO KOSHER
    Quote Originally Posted by AWB View Post
    Why is the table you're sitting at have an erection?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeether View Post
    Tsukihime: Manfaced women, doesn't even follow a specific character's path (they threw in random character routes for no reason), battle with Nrvnsqr was crap. So bad that no one believes it exists.
    Tsukihime was never good, to begin with.

Nrvnsqr and Shiki's power are the only good things to ever come from that garbage series.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyringohn View Post
    ...oh, let's not forget that the other side of the gate is our realm during WWI. LOL NICE ONE, BONES.
    Agreed with everything stated, but wasn't it WWII? If I remember correctly, Hitler was there in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information