Closed Thread
Page 74 of 544 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 174 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 10878

Thread: Super Smash Bros Brawl ptII

Default Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl ptII

Thanks for the vid Carter, really makes me want to punch NOA.

Discovered Stowaway

Ya'll heard of that new glitch, inkdropping?

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3096125

Probably posted already.

Inkslinger is full of shit. A lot of the Smash players that went to E for All are fucking creaming their pants about having techniques named after them, and it's really funny to see Inkslinger go "I THINK WE SHOULD KEEP IT AS INKDROPPING BECAUSE IT SOUNDS FUNNY AND WE USE 'SHINE' AND YADDA YADDA YADDA", when what he really means is "GOD I LOVE HAVING SOMETHING NAMED AFTER ME, OH GOD OH GOD."

Anyway, 'tripping' isn't really anything worth mentioning. Not yet, anyway. A lot of the "techniques" that were discovered at E for All are basically common sense shit. Like, do you really need to name "walking off the edge and grabbing the edge" after another player? "HUGZ DISCOVERED THAT YOU CAN WALK OFF AND NOT DIE SO WE'LL CALL IT 'HUGGING'."

Discovered Stowaway

Wasn't wobbling named after some guy "Wobbles" or something, IIRC?

I think Inkdropping sounds kind of cool, though.

Most techniques are named after the person who discovers it, which is often really pointless. There are about 9027590237209 better names than "wavedashing" and "wobbling" and "foxtrotting."

The nice thing is that, aside from this supposed new "fast-fall cancel" or whatever, all of these 'new techniques' are just little things that you never really need to do. So far, no game-changing techniques have been discovered, and, with any luck, it'll stay that way.

Discovered Stowaway

Yeah, I know what you mean. Inkdropping itself sounds situational. And Hugging isn't even a glitch.

Well, not all techniques are glitches, anyway. People seem to make that mistake a lot.

L-canceling was a technique, but it was completely intentional. Just like jump installing in Guilty Gear, which is obviously intentional because Arc System Works still hasn't removed it after 4+ installments.

But 'hugging' is so fucking obvious that it just seems self-righteous to name it after somebody. Any moron that plays the game for ten minutes will figure out that you don't have to face the edge to grab it anymore.

Just glad to see that I'm not a fighting game idiot for seeing no real use of that and skimming the post as it was mostly discussion of the name

I could really care less since the names do some what match the technique. Most people don't even realize they are named after some fag named "Hugz".

Same with Ink Drop. It's a cool sounding name and semi-fits the action, so I'm ok with it.

If it was called "The Tony Drop" or something, we'd have a problem. but the names aren't that bad and most people don't even know they are named after really dumb people.

I don't really understand what the glitch is. They run and then fall, or something? And they cancel the fall, somehow? It doesn't really seem all that useful, since I definately don't see the characters randomly falling down during matches.

I think it's some slip when you change dashing directions.

and the guy cancelled it by doing it near someone and grabbing them instead of slipping.

It's rather situational and not very useful, but like Gohn said, players just want to find and name something.

Ya Can't Ignore My Techno! Shinagamithe3rd's Avatar

Hmm...there was no update on the official site today.
    "I Need Mo' Allowence!"

The Other White Meat Capt Haggis's Avatar

weekdays only i'm afraid.
    Your daily heaping helping of haggis.

i jumped and did mario tornado and landed on my feet lets call it...hmm

Typhooning

Morbid, Cold-Hearted Freak Leaf Cable's Avatar

My favorite updates in the past week were the Stage Builder and The Summit.

I absolutely ADORE the Stage Builder! Now I can build an all flat stage! I even want to make a stage that's made up of evenly spaced floating blocks. The possibilities are endless! I'll never bitch about stage updates ever.

By the way, one of my little brothers claimed to have read an interview with the lady who does Krystal's voice where she confirms that Krystal is in the game. If this is so, then I guess it's curtains for Falco. Oh well, I guess he couldn't be redeemed. You guys were right that he's just another useless clone after all. XD
    The key to productivity is to rotate your avoidance techniques.~Too Much Coffee Man

Name: Leaf
    Friend Code: 2492-3809-4869

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf Cable View Post
    By the way, one of my little brothers claimed to have read an interview with the lady who does Krystal's voice where she confirms that Krystal is in the game.
    All of those are fake.

We already know Krystal is in the game in some form, but the voice actress has already told us that she cannot say anything about it.

I don't think your little brother is a very trustworthy source of video game journalism

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Quote Originally Posted by King_Ty View Post
    i jumped and did mario tornado and landed on my feet lets call it...hmm

Typhooning
    No, no, no. Don't do that. You will open a can of worms for super bad jokes. "If you ever get owned in this game then you were Yoska'D. I'm pretty good at Yoskaing myself, bytheway." See? How aweful was that?

So... Krystal, eh.

Ya Can't Ignore My Techno! Shinagamithe3rd's Avatar

I wonder is Ness is making a return or just Lucas...and if Lucas is in it, dosen't that kind of alude to Mother 3 coming to the states?
    "I Need Mo' Allowence!"

The Other White Meat Capt Haggis's Avatar

Personally I suspect ness will be back, and unless lucas has his moveset, I'm sticking with that.

I belive fire emblem didn't come here until number 7 or 8. Roy and marth were from 1 and 6. But it be nice to hope.
    Your daily heaping helping of haggis.

It's already obvious that Lucas has a different moveset.

Would prefer if Sakurai added some diversity to the Mother line-up, though. Having just Lucas and Ness feels too similar, especially when there are other characters like Flint and Duster.

Closed Thread

Thread Information