+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hobbit movies

Default Re: The Hobbit movie(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Yeah, that sequence with Gandalf slaughtering those Orcs just comes out of nowhere. I noticed several of the same things as this author; in fact, I wrote a review of the film myself for a message board a few years ago and even included the same quote about the Balrog.
    Hehe, the "Sam's concern for his master" point was something I was like, "what the hell?" about. And the whole battle at the end was ridiculous and boring. Apparently Bakshi ran out of money during the production and they just sort of did a rush-ending.
    And oh yes, "Aruman!" wait, no, it's still Saruman!

Gollum's design might have been a throwback to some of the very early designs for Gollum that pre-dated Lord of the Rings; that or animators didn't have the slightest idea that he was a Hobbit.
    I was just pointing out the spelling of Gollum to OP Man.
    Gollum's been designed so many different ways. I really liked the way he came out in the new movies, even though he was maybe a little too cute at times, which is hard to believe I can even say that. And Gollum doesn't travel in daylight, beyotches!

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

I think this'll be totally awesome, though I'd rather have it be just one movie. And... I don't think anyone will be able to beat the cartoon version of Smaug. Something about his voice just cracked me the hell up, it's my favorite thing ever.

One time I asked Leonard Nimoy if he thought it would be fun to have a cameo in a live action version of The Hobbit if they ever made one since he was a Tolkien fan and he got really mad at me.

Edit: Oh, by the way: http://www.rioroute.net/no_parking__NO/smaug.mp3
    Yeah, a clip of Smaug from the animated version. Oh man, "Where are your riddles now?!" was like, the official catchphrase among all my friends in high school. Our math team T-shirts said "Where are your radicals now?!"

Quote Originally Posted by fin fish View Post
    Leonard Nimoy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFM90ZbWUek

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

Yeah, that's why I brought it up. Apparently he gets mad when you acknowledge that it exists. Or if you suggest he ever act again. I'm not totally sure which part set him off.

He got mad? What did he do?
    Pssh, actors and their silly pride. XD At least William Shatner has started to get more of a sense of humor about himself.

He was just like, "How many times do I have to tell all of you, I'm done with acting, stop asking me!" and I was like, "Um, sorry." and then I felt really bad. But I still love him.

Bonus, since we were recently on the subject of the Ralph Bakshi version of LOTR:
    http://www.rioroute.net/no_parking__NO/wham.WMV

God, I have so many videos and sound clips and stupid drawings and everything. My life revolved around this stuff in 11th grade.

oh yeah i remember this movie. wasn't it supposed to be in 2 parts but the 2nd one never came out?

anyway, that was so strange and i was so young that i didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by fin fish View Post
    He was just like, "How many times do I have to tell all of you, I'm done with acting, stop asking me!" and I was like, "Um, sorry." and then I felt really bad. But I still love him.
    Well, if I were to meet him I'll make it a point not to ask if he wants to do a cameo in the live action Transformers movies. XD He probably felt bad later on after saying that, actors probably get so many aggrivating questions over the years. Is he really done with acting though? I still see him pop up in commercials and stuff.

Bonus, since we were recently on the subject of the Ralph Bakshi version of LOTR:
    http://www.rioroute.net/no_parking__NO/wham.WMV
    That was hilarious. XD

Avatar provided by Ferntree on DeviantArt.

Well that settles that, then, for better of for worse.
    It's really a shame though, that the reason why he isn't being considered is because of some stupid lawsuit.

LOTR was a big gamble and an amazing artistic endeavor (anyone watch the documentaries on all the work being put into research, sets, costumes, weapons, languages, etc.. it's mind-blowing), and I just feel already like The Hobbit is just something capitalizing on its success.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicDebris
    I was just pointing out the spelling of Gollum to OP Man.
    Yeah, pointing out my bad grammar and spelling is one of her hobbies. XP

Of course they are cashing on LOTR success, but then again success is an indicator that the public might be interested in more stories. Let them do it. If it is great then it is great. If it sucks then it sucks. Its not the end of the world

You asked if the spelling was correct. XD

I never said they shouldn't do it. I haven't given up hope on the movie, it could be great. I'm just expressing my concern that it seems to have gotten off at a bad start already.

What I'd like to know is whether Peter Jackson really WANTS to direct it or not. If he really is over Middle-earth and doesn't want to do it, then I'll be glad that he's not doing it. But if it's really all a matter of New Line and PJ at odds over money, than it's lame.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Anybody who plays him definitely needs to sound cultured and smooth though.
    I'm not sure if a cultured voice is really the way to go; it doesn't seem befitting of Smaug, even if he's supposed to act like some vain lord of the Lonely Mountain. Warner, Jones, and even Jay feel too regal for him.

If I had a say, I'd vote Kevin Michael Richardson, who has a solid voice without too many popular associations, followed closely by Jim Cummings (who would make a PERFECT Great Goblin). Here's some samples:

Richardson.
    Cummings.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Here's a little clarification on the purpose of two movies:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=13&cs=1

As for "The Hobbit," Sloan confirmed MGM was in talks with Peter Jackson to make two movies based on J.R.R. Tolkein's "prequel" to "The Lord of the Rings."
    However, making the film is contingent on negotiations with New Line, which owns the right to produce "The Hobbit" (MGM owns only the right to distribute the films). And people close to Jackson say that until his ongoing lawsuit with New Line -- over monies he says are owed him from the "Lord of the Rings" franchise -- is settled, a serious conversation over "The Hobbit" cannot proceed.
    Even so, Sloan remains optimistic. He said the first "Hobbit" pic would be a direct adaptation of "The Hobbit," and the second would be drawn from footnotes and source material connecting "The Hobbit" with "The Lord of the Rings."
    So basically the first movie would be the adaption of The Hobbit, while the second would be a bridge between the two, drawing from Tolkien's other books and footnotes...

Hm, so PJ maybe directing after all? I'm not really trusting this article entirely though. There's no confirmation on it.

(taken from TORC)
    Found this on Moviefone.

Jackson May Return for 'The Hobbit'
    By BUCK WOLF

WireImage.com
    'LOTR' fans can relax after a week of depression, as Jackson is now said to 'definitely' be directing 'The Hobbit.'
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Nov. 2Cool It may take another quest to the Crack of Doom, but there's new hope that Peter Jackson will return to direct "The Hobbit" and another "Lord of the Rings" prequel.

"Lord of the Rings" fans were in a frenzy last week, following the announcement from Jackson that New Line Cinema had sent a letter informing him that the film studio "would no longer be requiring our services on the 'Hobbit' and the 'LOTR' prequel."

Now, the producer who owns the screen rights to "Rings" writer J.R.R. Tolkien is telling German Web site Elbenwald.de that Jackson will be back, once New Line's contract expires.

"It will definitely be shot by Peter Jackson ," said Saul Zaentz, whose company owns Tolkien Enterprises.

"Next year, 'The Hobbit' rights will fall back to my company. I suppose that Peter will wait because he knows that he will make the best deal with us. And he is fed up with the studios. To get his profit share on the 'Rings' trilogy, he had to sue New Line."

The wildly successful trilogy has grossed more than $3 billion worldwide. Jackson and the studio are at odds over accounting practices. In a lawsuit, the director has asked a third party to intervene.

"With us," Zaentz told the Web site, "he knows that he will be paid fairly and artistically supported without reservation."

Gandalf Hopes Jackson Works Magic

A spokesman for Zaentz's company could not confirm Zaentz's comments, telling ABCNEWS.com that the producer was traveling. Jackson's media representative did not return a call on this matter.

Zaentz has produced such films as "Amadeus" and "The English Patient."

Science fiction Web site DarkHorizons.com was abuzz with the story. New Line had announced the project earlier in November, with an eye on releasing it in 2009.

Following news of the Jackson-New Line feud last week, actor Sir Ian McKellen announced his disappointment.

"On my own account, I am very sad as I should have relished revisiting Middle Earth with Peter again as team leader. It's hard to imagine any other director matching his achievement in Tolkien country," he said in a posting on his official site, which was excerpted on Dark Horizons.

McKellen is widely expected to reprise his role as Gandalf.

Braggaweh, I can't wait to see this movie <3

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

Main things to look for would be.. escape from the goblin passage, Battle of the Five Armies, Smaug.

Haha, they can also make that scene where Gandalf turns the trolls to stone; the statues can be seen in Fellowship of the Ring, and they're mentioned twice : D

JAC Manga Scans - ****** Mr. Death's Avatar

I have both the Hobbit I think its the Collector Edition book and THe LOR Fiftyith Year Editon.

LOR book is black leaTHER BOUND and the Side of the pages are colored gold I'm guessing would be the right thing to say

The Hobbit is a Green leather bound book.

here some pics

Last edited by Mr. Death; December 3rd, 2006 at 08:43 PM.

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

PJ as executive producer? Oh well

Wonder who's playing Bilbo...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information