+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: One Piece GBA (US)

Omni

Default One Piece GBA (US)

As you all know, back in 2005, the cut-down and censored version of One Piece Grand Battle: Rush! was released in the United States and Europe. (although Europe got it in smaller amounts) However, around the same time, a game simply titled "One Piece" was released exclusively to the US. In it, you played as Luffy in a 2D side-scroller that covered the East Blue saga. It featured some nice graphics, similar to the ones seen in One Piece Grand Battle:Swan Colosseum on the SwanCrystal. Also, remixes of most of the tracks from Swan Colosseum were used as BGM. (With some original music thrown in.) It is a rather fun game, though it does suffer from some pretty stupid bugs, level design problems, and the lack of a story line for non-One Piece fans.

So, have any of you played this game? If so, what do you think of it? It was ignored by many, so its release was pretty much forgotten.

Edit: Here's a run down of the game:

1. The stages of the game are split up into 6 arcs, with each arc consisting of 3 stages.
    Stages 1 & 2 have you exploring and beating up enemies, while stage 3 is a boss battle.
    Stage 2 has a mini-boss at the end of it.Treasure is something that can be found, but it may be obtained later, as it isn't mandatory to collect it all. There are 18 stages total.

2. Mini-Bosses/Bosses are :
    Helmeppo and Marines/Captain Morgan
    Mohji and Richie/Buggy the Clown (very cheap)
    Jango/Kuro
    Gin (Ghin)/Don Krieg
    Hachi, Chuu, and Kuroobi/Arlong (also cheap)
    Tashigi/Smoker (Chaser) (another cheap boss)

3. Zoro, Nami, Usopp, and Sanji will join your crew over the course of the game, though they can only be used as support characters.
    Last edited by Omni; November 7th, 2006 at 07:35 PM.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default Re: One Piece GBA (US)

I played it... and thought it was crap. It's amazing how stupid it was; so I ended up just hacking the game to get me to the end... and the ending sucked as well.

Omni

Hmm.....that's true. The fact that they didn't bother to include a story line is a really dumb move on Dimps' part. Also, the text in the game that is said by the people in the stages is actually so basic it's funny. In the first R/Lougetown stage, the bounty hunter, (I forgot his name), says, "I'm a bounty hunter." Yep. Speaks for itself. With a lot of work, this could have turned out to be a better game. Still, I enjoy this game for what it is.
    Last edited by Omni; November 7th, 2006 at 07:05 PM.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

Didn't mind the game. It was just a little bit of fun, nothing OP fans need to take seriously, although I'm sure there are people who will bash it for 4kids reasons. Anyway, got stuck on Arlong and haven't touched it since.

Is that this ungodly hard (to me at least) game? I've only played on OP GBA game...I enjoyed it, but I was never able to get even close to beating Buggy, so I can't say I've seen much of the game.
    paptschik and the quest for the lost signature...

i played it, nothing special.
    i skipped trying to get all the coins b/c i have no idea where they were.
    did a quick run to beat the game...that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Khoga View Post
    i played it, nothing special.
    i skipped trying to get all the coins b/c i have no idea where they were.
    did a quick run to beat the game...that's about it.
    oh, i really like this game, the only con i have are the strikers. It would be more awesome if you could play in separete ways with the straw-hats. mm something like TMNT 1st gba game. But overall i recomend this game for fans of one piece AND for fans of sidescrolling-action games.

Pd. Btw, how do i open the coffers? it says that i need a key, but in what level i got that? i alredy passed the game once.

I played it
    it was okay for an all american made one piece game
    but coulda been eons better.
    ....I couldnt get past arlong park
    even WITH the cheats.

I have played it, I thought the plot was the story arcs because in the end you go to the grand line right?
    Quote Originally Posted by SSM View Post
    Toni, no offense, but you must be the most plain user on the forum. Your posts, your avatar, everything. You're like the Ishamaru of Arlong Park.

That totally came out of nowhere.

My gosh ... is the GBA version that bad? I thought it was the same exact version of the English GB.

wow....that sucked. "I'll become a sword master". He wants to become the world's best swordman. That was.....horrible.

Omni

Response time!

tonitonichopper:
    The story from the arcs is almost non-exsistent. Sure, it follows the events from them, but it doesn't bother to elaborate or go into detail. And no, you don't get to the Grand Line in the game. This game only covers the East Blue Saga, meaning that it doesn't go very far into the series. Oh, and to go off-topic, great avatar. Sonic the Hedgehog is awesome.

Nicole Louis:
    The game, though lacking a story, is kinda fun if you like 16-bit style side-scrollers. It's not that bad. And, like you too, I thought that this game was a portable version of the English Grand Battle at first. Come to think of it, that would be great to see.

GearSecond:
    Well, what did you expect from what everyone has posted here so far? "I'm a bounty hunter.", seems to beat "I'll become a sword master." though. Also, great Bobobo avatar.....I think. (Is that from Bobobo?)

Quote Originally Posted by Omni View Post
    Response time!

And, like you too, I thought that this game was a portable version of the English Grand Battle at first. Come to think of it, that would be great to see.
    It's called wonderswan battle coliseum.

though yeah this game is fun. through I kinda gave up at arlong park. I need to play it again =/

Quote Originally Posted by mr.allsunday
    Nice job jumping on the bandwagon there Aethos, I can only wish I was as cool as you

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

yes, it is bobobo, it's from episode 48 I think. I thought it was an orginal animation from the Anime crew, then I saw a flashback in episode 49(the dub) and I realized it's jsut a low-res image from the Anime.

In the season of the witch

To Moonra:

You will get the key with Shu-Shu in the Port Town Level. The dog will give it after you defeat Buggy.

I played the game yesterday and beat it in about two hours, it's just that short. I probably would've beaten it even faster if I didn't play around with the bosses (Like I tried to beat Kuro using bell, Arlong with Axe, etc.).

Overal, it's... alright. It's not the worst game out there, that's for damn sure. But because the game's plot is almost non-existant it's borderlining crappy.

Oh yeah, Buggy's the toughest sonuvabich in the game, it took me an astounding one minute to beat him.

Gah, I can't find any Gameshark or Codebreaker codes for it, I've searched Google to hell and back, any help?

I can;t beat Buggy.

Of course that was on my long-lost Virtual Boy Advance.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information