+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 164 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Metal Alchemist Discussion

Default Full Metal Alchemist Discussion

for people who have seen it.

what the hell happened at the end. i couldnt understand. Did all the homonclus(sp) die except wrath and what happened with ED.

Uh, let's see. Al revived Ed's body in full (limbs and all) with the philosophers' stone & his soul, after Ed was killed by Envy. So once Ed came to, he was able to sacrifice his entire body to ressurect Al's body and soul, which were both trapped inside the gate.

After that Ed's soul &... body? passed through the gate & arrived back in our world, in Munich this time with Hohenheim of light. As for the homunculus, Lust & Sloth died, wrath obviously survived and Winry fitted him with a Automail, Pride was killed by the awesome Roy Mustang. Now Gluttony & Dante are mystery, we might find out what happened to both of them in the movie, also did Envy pass through the gate successfully? the new trailer points to yes.

So as of now, Ed is in our world in the 1920's (World War II) with his father & Al is still in the Fullmetal world researching how to get Edward back, and Ed is now travelling around Europe researching space travel, as means to get back to Al. :P

Heh, the new movie which comes out soon, should clear up any loose ends, hopefully.

Um, I don't think World War II was in the 1920s. 20s was the aftermath of WWI.

This is one reason I like the manga. It's explaining things better, and is far from over so it has more time to develop these plot points. (I somehow doubt it'll get into any sort of "other world" thing apart from the world of the gate)

Uh, yeh I actually meant the 1920's (just not WWII). C'mon I just attempted to explain the ending of FMA in a few short paragraphs, I was bound to mess something up. :P

Hey, it's only an extremely complicated scientific process! Pansy! :P

Uhm... Unless the movie will make Al have his metal body again, I'm pretty sure it's not going to tie up lose ends at all...
    And speaking of FMA, what's the latested translated chapter? Last I checked there was one translated like every 2 months, and the latest was 44... ;_;

45 was released by evil-genius a while ago. 46 is coming out on the 12th.

(why would Al have to have his metal body again?)

He's shown in the trailer with his normal present body, and again with his armor, so it's sort of a mystery. But from my understanding this movie isn't fluff, it's connected strongly to the anime.

Oh thank god. and thanks for da info jewbagel.

where ist he trailer?

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

A dream. A flashback. Reason can be one of those things.

Originally posted by Cap'n Carter@Apr 7 2005, 09:55 PM
    where ist he trailer?
    [snapback]26631[/snapback]
    its here http://www.fullmetal-alchemist.com/index.php its somewhere on the first page. Check out al's new look. Look familiar ?
    R.I.P. (for now) KO-Scans

the story of the movie doesn't take place after the anime serie but WHILE the anime serie. it's like the OP movies. that's why al is the fullmetal alchemist. ah, no, wait, it's the small fry behind him who is the fullmetal alchemist, ah ah ah :lol:

btw, that's why al's in the armor.

do you think a 2nd season will ever take place? and do you think it'd be e good idea?

i personnaly don't think so. the end was great, and self-sufficient, but who knows what can happen...

ps: i'm really sorry to suck in doing beautiful, meaningful sentencies. gomen, english's not my native tongue...

Originally posted by Official Plot Summary
    "Munich, Germany, 1923. Two years have passed since Edward Elric came from his world to ours, leaving behind his country, his friends and his younger brother, Alphonse. Stripped of his alchemical powers, he has been all this time researching rocketry together with Alphonse Heiderich, a young man with a lot of resemblances to his own brother, hoping to one day find a way back home. The more he finds his efforts so far had proven fruitless, more desperate he becomes. One day he hears that the Thule Society, an occultistic group strongly tied to the Nazi Party, discovered what could be a clue to the location of the legendary, mystical place called "Shambala", and Edward's hopes get renewed. Meanwhile, in his own world, Alphonse, his brother, ventures deeper into the study of alchemy in search for a way to bring him back."
    The movie does take place after the series and it's heavily interconnected with the events at the end of the anime, so it's nothing like the One Piece movies. It's a continuation of Studio Bones' version of the series.

Originally posted by Battle Franky+Apr 8 2005, 10:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Battle Franky &#064; Apr 8 2005, 10:23 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Official Plot Summary
    "Munich, Germany, 1923. Two years have passed since Edward Elric came from his world to ours, leaving behind his country, his friends and his younger brother, Alphonse. Stripped of his alchemical powers, he has been all this time researching rocketry together with Alphonse Heiderich, a young man with a lot of resemblances to his own brother, hoping to one day find a way back home. The more he finds his efforts so far had proven fruitless, more desperate he becomes. One day he hears that the Thule Society, an occultistic group strongly tied to the Nazi Party, discovered what could be a clue to the location of the legendary, mystical place called "Shambala", and Edward&#39;s hopes get renewed. Meanwhile, in his own world, Alphonse, his brother, ventures deeper into the study of alchemy in search for a way to bring him back."
    The movie does take place after the series and it&#39;s heavily interconnected with the events at the end of the anime, so it&#39;s nothing like the One Piece movies. It&#39;s a continuation of Studio Bones&#39; version of the series.
    [/b][/quote]

oh my god&#33; i&#39;m sorry, i was totally wrong&#33; :o

this movie will seriously be awesome&#33;

Interesting.. the events in the manga really differ form the anime then. I have read the manga but not seen the entire anime series.

Anyone here has read the manga?

i think glatony and dante killed each other but thanks for your help i think i understood it.

Wait, so the movie takes place before the ending of the anime? If so, I think they will make an OVA continuing the anime, and if not, they will just leave it as is.

Talking

It&#39;s after the events of the anime, after guys.

Originally posted by EvilGamerX@Apr 8 2005, 11:05 AM
    A dream. A flashback. Reason can be one of those things.
    [snapback]26632[/snapback]
    Dream sequence maybe, flashback seems unlikely from the first trailer. It seems like this castle in the middle of the ocean, seems to a limbo point between the FMA world & our world. So that could be a convenient place for the brothers to reunite?&#33; :P

who was envy suppose to be, i didnt understand

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information