+ Reply to Thread
Page 414 of 415 FirstFirst ... 314 364 404 412 413 414 415 LastLast
Results 8,261 to 8,280 of 8281

Thread: The PlayStation Thread

Default Re: The PlayStation Thread

I'm sick of open world games in general but I feel like that's more how they're usually done than anything else since I like playing Stalker for instance and just screwing around in the world. Gonna wait for full gameplay to think about getting it though probably because MGSV also looked cool before release but ended up being pretty repetitive and suffering from the lack of any actual design that the games before it had. I hope this game doesn't fall into that hole too. I also hope it doesn't have intrusive online elements that would prevent me from playing the game later on. But what seems like delivering things and being able to place items like ladders and cables to get around the environment seems pretty cool. MGSV didn't really have any of that and even with it being "open" it felt like a flat field most of the time with no actually interesting environmental things to it outside of the handful of set piece locations that closed the game down immensely when you got to them.

I also hope the action set pieces aren't intrusive but they probably will be.

Doesnt seem much different than the usual "In a world..." Hollywood movie, just in game form. I hope it turns out good, but the emphasis on real actors makes me fear it will be an incredibly simple and safe game that will make all the people who normally wouldnt play games drawn in by them without digging too much on it, especially gameplay wise. The Ladder and Rope remind a lot of Botw runes, but summoning and using them looks incredibly lenghty and clunky for what they accomplish, compared to just pressing X near a wall and climbing it or flying off from it.

I'm sure you can jump off cliffs if you want to but I doubt it'll end up well. Video games just take so much to make up to the quality people want these days. It's easier and faster to scan real people than making models from scratch, at least if you're making a "realistic" game. I don't like it either but my tolerance for graphics is much less than most people's I imagine. I haven't bought into this generation yet though either so people who spent $400 on a PS4 or however much on a PS4 pro probably want their money to pay off in at least some leap in quality, even if it means the actual gameplay is lacking. I've been less and less interested in video games recently partially because I don't feel like anything plays like I want it to these days and on top of that they run like trash because of the graphical quality. And yet that quality generally is really good up close and then anything in the distance looks like garbage. Lack of consistency for the best peak.

I love how the moment I decide to buy the annual pass for Destiny 2 not a whole 24 hours after the fact Sony decided to sell it for $14 and some change. And since it has certain aspects involved in it's content I can't just refund it and get back the 34.99 I spent on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

^That reminded me that the digital E3 sale started today.

Here's the list of prices for the US.

Well I took a look and wasn't terribly impressed by anything. I upgraded to a 1TB PS4 last Black Friday and still haven't used the 20% off code because I don't buy anything digital. It expires at the end of this month so I figured that I would wait for E3. So long story short, I have a code if anyone wants it. Apparently it works for the entire cart so add as many games as you want. Only rule is that your join date can't say Jun 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    ^That reminded me that the digital E3 sale started today.

Here's the list of prices for the US.

Well I took a look and wasn't terribly impressed by anything. I upgraded to a 1TB PS4 last Black Friday and still haven't used the 20% off code because I don't buy anything digital. It expires at the end of this month so I figured that I would wait for E3. So long story short, I have a code if anyone wants it. Apparently it works for the entire cart so add as many games as you want. Only rule is that your join date can't say Jun 2019.

I'll take it off your hands.....eventhough most of the stuff being offered is either trash or I already own.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

hrm, Spiderman, Tales of Vesperia, Nino Kuni 2, Divinity 2... all good but I literally just bought Divinity 1 last week when IT was on sale, plus I have a backlog.... maybe I'll pick up spiderman but i shouldn't get any more rpgs for a while...
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Sony has bought Insomniac Games.

Team behind the OG Spyro Trilogy, Ratchet & Clank & Spider-Man PS4.

https://www.sie.com/en/corporate/rel...19/190820.html

I figured they were already part of Sony. Though I guess they were more an independent studio that just mostly worked with Sony.

Yeah, they did Sunset Overdrive for Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    Sony has bought Insomniac Games.

Team behind the OG Spyro Trilogy, Ratchet & Clank & Spider-Man PS4.

https://www.sie.com/en/corporate/rel...19/190820.html
    Nice to hear with Microsoft buying up so many studios. Hope they get a couple more if it's going to be another war.

Microsoft has really just been playing catch-up, which is perfectly fine. Sony's first-party studio lineup was already pretty darned good, and Insomniac was practically a common-law Sony First-Party.

It's a shame just in the sense I'd like Spiderman PS4 to have the widest audience possible, because it along with Spiderverse better encapsulates what makes that series work than anything else.

I mean to be fair if Spider-Man was ever going to show up on another platform PC would've made far more sense than X-Box which of course they "could" still do so.

Though I'd not hold my breath.

And yeah 20 years to do this jesus.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by tatermoog View Post
    Microsoft has really just been playing catch-up, which is perfectly fine. Sony's first-party studio lineup was already pretty darned good, and Insomniac was practically a common-law Sony First-Party.

It's a shame just in the sense I'd like Spiderman PS4 to have the widest audience possible, because it along with Spiderverse better encapsulates what makes that series work than anything else.
    What's going on with Rare? They should be Microsoft's powerhouse but I haven't really enjoyed anything they put out since Banjo-Tooie.

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky69 View Post
    What's going on with Rare? They should be Microsoft's powerhouse but I haven't really enjoyed anything they put out since Banjo-Tooie.
    Have you playes Conker for N64? It's pretty good.

I think nowadays they are only workin on Sea of Thieves.

Discovered Stowaway

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Have you playes Conker for N64? It's pretty good.
    I can't get past that beehive carrying thing, it's too awkward trying to swerve left and right repeatedly and not fall off the cliff or get stung. I thought about getting Sea of Thieves but since it requires the online account I'm like no thanks.

This happened today btw.

The only thing I take away from that is this.

That thing was announced like FOUR YEARS ago. Nice to see the Katamari guy is still on drugs.

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

He IS drugs, Robby.

What the shit?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information