+ Reply to Thread
Page 370 of 419 FirstFirst ... 270 320 360 368 369 370 371 372 380 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,400 of 8378

Thread: The PlayStation Thread

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Default Re: The PlayStation 4/PS3/Vita Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hekti View Post
    Well it seems it's a NA only thing. In the German store it's not free :/
    Make a new account for NA and download it . It shouldn't be that hard .

$8 to rent a game for a week is about what the local video rental place here charges, so that's cool. $15 to play the game for an entire month is actually a really good price, especially if you're already confident that you don't plan to buy the game. $30 for 3 months is pretty reasonable ($10 per month), although I'd probably just prefer to buy the game outright if I'm already willing to spend that much money and time on it (or just dig it out and play it on one of my older systems).

But $3 to $5 bucks to play a game for 4 hours kinda sucks, imo. Maybe if you have company over and want to play a game with them for a few hours, but it'd probably be a better deal just to rent it for the week. Maybe if it were $3-$5 for 24 hours. Hopefully they'll adjust the prices to make it more appealing.

And of course, if the service isn't worth the price they're asking...I just won't give em my money.

a mood come alive.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinigamiKing View Post
    2015 will be the year of the PS4

Uncharted 4
    Bloodborne
    every other first party game that hasn't been revealed yet probably
    maybe Final Fantasy XV
    Batman Arkham Knight
    The Witcher 3

but I think 2016 will save it in Japan

Resident Evil 7
    Kingdom Hearts III
    FFXV if it doesn't release in 2015
    Dragon Quest XI (http://gematsu.com/2014/06/dragon-qu...pment-underway)

but they really need some Japanese games now, cause the sales of the PS4 in Japan are less than the PS3 and Wii U
    Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain will also be one of the biggest titles of Ps4.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuFan22 View Post
    Uhh..PS now is charging..
    saw this on twitter
    https://twitter.com/gameinformer/sta...91745125531648

Im on Now for ps3 and games run from 2.99-4.99 for 4 hours, 7.99 for a week,14.99 a month and 29.99 for 3 months
    all betas might have changed to reflect the new system
    alot of new games have been added such as Sonic CD, FFXIII-2, Adventure time and more

Is this for renting the games or PS in general?!

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverOcelot View Post
    Metal Gear Solid Phantom Pain will also be one of the biggest titles of Ps4.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Is this for renting the games or PS in general?!
    Renting by the looks of the hours and days
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Quote Originally Posted by Dervish View Post
    $30 for 3 months is pretty reasonable ($10 per month), although I'd probably just prefer to buy the game outright if I'm already willing to spend that much money and time on it (or just dig it out and play it on one of my older systems).
    Keep in mind that if you don't have a PS3 then you might be willing to pay to be able to stream it on PS4, because you can't just go out and buy the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Keep in mind that if you don't have a PS3 then you might be willing to pay to be able to stream it on PS4, because you can't just go out and buy the game.
    So you can't play Ps3 games or any older Ps games on Ps4 even if you have a disc ? ............ That's pretty BS .

PS4 isn't backwards-compatible with PS3. They are totally different architectures. X-bone also doesn't play 360 games. Streaming is the best you're gonna get.

PS4 isn't backwards-compatible with PS3. They are totally different architectures. X-bone also doesn't play 360 games. Streaming is the best you're gonna get.
    Yea i know that it's not backwards-compatible but it's still pretty BS considering that if you don't have Ps3 or got YLOD ( like myself) then all of the PS3 games are useless unless you buy a PS3 but that would be a waste of money . And i assume that streaming also cost money so there is that too.........

It's not bullshit it's just the reality of the complexity of modern games and hardware. Sounds like what you wanna do is advocate for eliminating consoles and just having PCs (concepts like the Steambox).

Such is the first world problem of upgrading consoles each generation, but you can hardly consider calling that BS that they can't support your games when the architecture is completely different.

Question: Why would you waste $400 dollars to buy a next-gen video game console to almost exclusively play pre-gen video games on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

It's not bullshit it's just the reality of the complexity of modern games and hardware. Sounds like what you wanna do is advocate for eliminating consoles and just having PCs (concepts like the Steambox).
    I don't hate consoles and prefer them over gaming PCs . And despite me complaining about this , it's not like i am not going to buy PS4 .

Yup, that's a good point, too. I'm sure there's a good number of people who have a PS4 but not the earlier consoles. And I personally know friends who have traded in their old PS3s toward the PS4, so they don't have their older systems anymore. So, this will give some players the option of playing older games without having to invest in buying an older console. And even if you do have a older console....imagine being able to stream a game like, I dunno, Dark Souls on the PS4 and being able to use the PS4's party chat. I think that's pretty neat.

It's not going to be a service that suits everyone for sure, but it's nice having options in case there's an older game I feel like renting.

a mood come alive.

Backwards compatibility is nice when it's given out, but it shouldn't really be a deal-breaker to not have it, in my opinion. Eventually we're all gonna have to either keep our old systems or completely move on and leave the old stuff behind. Even if PS4 had it, would you expect 'PS5' to have it as well? For that matter, why can't my Wii U play my old N64 games!? :P
    DS Friend Code for Pokemon: 4339-2587-4129

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Question: Why would you waste $400 dollars to buy a next-gen video game console to almost exclusively play pre-gen video games on?
    Well i didn't say that i would buy it to just play PS3 games on it . But having that option wouldn't be bad for people who might want to play older games from time to time but don't have previous gen consoles . Especially given how lots of next-gen games are mediocre at best and don't have any kind of re-play value .

Lots of release games for next gen games you mean.

Which is the norm for pretty much any release before getting a year or two into the life cycle.

Fact is that nobody really wants to pay more for their already expensive consoles. People hated the $500 price tag on the XBone. They loathed the 599 US Dollar pricetag on the PS3. Removing backwards compatibility drops the price considerably to more bearable places and affects a considerably small portion of the market who happen to not have a PS3 while having a collection of PS3 games while opening the door to more people to adopt the system.

I already had severe doubts about their ability to make it work acceptably from a technical standpoint, really wasn't expecting them to sabotage it completely from the economic side

If this is just for older titles I don't see the point. I can just get any ps3 game I want free from the library, or outright buy it for less than they're charging for renting.

But renting a brand spanking new game for $15 a month? I can get behind that.
    NNID: julsjacket

I think it's cool.

Prices need tweaking. But it's a beta, and they're accepting feedback and looking to make adjustments.

I think having more options to how I purchase games is nice. Options are good.

Then just budget your money, think about your gaming habits, and decide what sort of purchase is best for you.

turns out its been like this since the 18th, according to a email..prices are just testing prices and will change accordingly to feedback by both developers and testers.
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information