Closed Thread
Page 497 of 706 FirstFirst ... 397 447 487 495 496 497 498 499 507 547 597 ... LastLast
Results 9,921 to 9,940 of 14120

Thread: Random News Article Discussion

Default Re: Random News Article Thread/Discussion

Thanks for posting that Bill. I saw it the other day, and oh man so much respect for that kid. And is amazing hair. And I feel super fortunate that I got to go to private school where this sort of teaching would not fly at all.

not wanting to go to the US bc of police brutality videos

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

I'm going to Bosnia even though you can blow up if you go pee in the woods because of old landmines.

Smudge is HUGE PUSSAY, VERY NICE -said in borat voice

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    I'm going to Bosnia even though you can blow up if you go pee in the woods because of old landmines.
    Reminds me of my trip to Cambodia. Anything but the paved road you're driving on is a no-go.

Among other news, Nawaz Sharif has won the Pakistan polls almost certainly. Tehreek-e-Insaaf, led by former cricket captain Imran Khan will form the main opposition. The ruling Pakistan People's Party finish a distant third, in response to the widespread corruption and security fears under their regime.
    There have been allegations of rigging and the polls were marred by violence resulting in 24 deaths, but there was a historic 60% turnout, as opposed to the 48% in 2008.

When it comes to the US i don't really worry about the police doing anything

When it comes to eastern europe i just tend to assume that you'd run afoul of them at some point

But in general i'm a huge pussy and tend to worry about unlikely things. Most of them i am aware aren't very reaslistic

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I'm involved with the Community Leadership Institute (CLI).

On race day, we always have to explain to the white kids that none of the Palabra kids can call the cops when something goes wrong. And then the Palabra kids tell stories of how their family and friends have died because the cops and EMTs didn't give a shit about another brown body. And then the kid from down South tells us about his older sisters, who were lynched by police officers.

My own experiences with cops have been pretty mixed. My worst experience was when they called me a faggot and told me to join the military.

Maybe I'm wrong and the police everywhere are much better. But the regular news sure doesn't paint that picture.

And how did zeph jump from policing to land mines in Bosnia? Something along the lines of "if you can brave the Merican powlease then boznern mines are just too eazy brah"

Sweet Home Chicago Cyan D. Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smudger View Post
    Maybe I'm wrong and the police everywhere are much better. But the regular news sure doesn't paint that picture.
    Regular news doesn't get ratings/views/comments from stories about the average cop investigating a home robbery.

And how did zeph jump from policing to land mines in Bosnia? Something along the lines of "if you can brave the Merican powlease then boznern mines are just too eazy brah"
    Are you actually scared to come here because holy lol if so.

Not scarred, but it's a big thing for me. I'm used to the English way of law & order. Your stuff just looks too radical and heavy handed. And by that I'm referring to the actual sentencing too.

because "officer joe did his job and nobody got hurt" doesnt make everyday news

because that's not news

Treasure Cruise ID: 785,854,335
    LS Zoro looking 4 Vivis

I think he was equating you seeing police brutalities, which actually aren't common and using that as a basis to not visit. I think...maybe.

My students say they'll never do a study abroad in America expressly because they're afraid of being gunned down in the suburbs/major tourist cities by Generic American Gunman.
    Better not let them know about the equally terrifying Police Death Squads.

Not scarred, but it's a big thing for me. I'm used to the English way of law & order. Your stuff just looks too radical and heavy handed. And by that I'm referring to the actual sentencing too.
    For the record, Do The Right Thing wasn't a documentary.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    My students say they'll never do a study abroad in America expressly because they're afraid of being gunned down in the suburbs/major tourist cities by Generic American Gunman.
    We could always use more visitors to employ in our flourishing False Flag Operations, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    Regular news doesn't get ratings/views/comments from stories about the average cop investigating a home robbery.
    i know this.

The thing is, if we have footage showing police misconduct, we have a rapid inquiry into the incident. I also can't grasp why so many incidents have to involve the use of a side arm.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    well now, that is dumb.

I'm going to let this go. Just saying I think you folks could do better. As for why some of you can't understand my view.....consider it from my perspective if everything you learnt about the US police departments stemmed from the news/Internet.

I can't draw on personal experiences as I've never been there.
    Last edited by Smudger; May 12th, 2013 at 09:44 PM.

You will never even see a police do anything aside from stand around in a tourist area, let alone beat people up. As for heavy sentencing that varies incredibly state to state. We don't even have the death penalty up here anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by I survived the buster call View Post
    Long time no see Chicky - hope you had a good day ^_^

And on the police issue - you know most of them just want to get through their day with the least amount of paperwork. It's the special ones that don't adjust to the position of power they're in that cause all the trouble.
    Pell survived because he is a Falcon - Stop using him as a bad example.
    The Peregrine Falcon reaches faster speeds than any other animal on the planet when performing the stoop,which involves soaring to a great height and then diving steeply at speeds of over 320 km/h (200 mph)

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrystalShip View Post
    I'm involved with the Community Leadership Institute (CLI).

On race day, we always have to explain to the white kids that none of the Palabra kids can call the cops when something goes wrong. And then the Palabra kids tell stories of how their family and friends have died because the cops and EMTs didn't give a shit about another brown body. And then the kid from down South tells us about his older sisters, who were lynched by police officers.

My own experiences with cops have been pretty mixed. My worst experience was when they called me a faggot and told me to join the military.
    What's a palabra?

Closed Thread

Thread Information