+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Cowboy Bebop

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Default Re: Cowboy Bebop

Netflix released an official teaser https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JDWm1f6-M0
    It's a bit cheesy, but it was entertaining.
    Wash your hands.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

The lines felt like professional actors purposefully acting like they’re part of a stereotypical bad high school performance. I couldn’t tell if it was meant to be taken seriously or if it was part of the charm.

Maybe I just don’t watch old films from back in the day to appreciate this though. Keep read this is more 70s/exploitation film parodying.
    Last edited by Gizmo; October 19th, 2021 at 07:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

I loved the teaser, definitely think I’ll enjoy this series!

At the very least the actors seem to be good in their roles, and the action seems great. This trailer at the very least gives me a bit of faith.

I'm...not sure where I stand. Visually interesting, clever graphics, polished design no doubt. The way they play with black panel lines is very cool the first 15 seconds, however I could grow real tired real quick if it's always used so intensively. Worst offender, though, is that I can't bring myself to like Spike. It's not that I would want him to look more like the source character or anything. Just, something about the actor's face doesn't click for me. Maybe after a while I'd get used to the guy.

Overall I don't know where it stands compared to the original anime - which I litteraly watched in the previous century. But as with One Punch Man, I fell I'll be better off enjoying the show for what it is rather than prejudice against it with expectations born from the source material.

Well the teaser was fun. Felt a little like a sitcom at start but got a lot better as it progressed.

But, since it's obviously not how the show is going to really look like, I'm still at a loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

It's obviously turned up to 11 for this teaser, and I assume they won't be playing with the fourth wall and color swaps i the actual show... but if the actual show is anything like this energy I'm down.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Discovered Stowaway Lord Gaimon's Avatar

this is so bad lmao.
    if they're just making another "lol so quirky" marvel type show, what was the point of calling it cowboy bebop in the first place
    Last edited by Lord Gaimon; October 20th, 2021 at 11:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaimon View Post
    this is so bad lmao.
    if they're just making another "lol so quirky" marvel type show, what was the point of calling it cowboy bebop in the first place
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Gaimon View Post
    this is so bad lmao.
    Because Firefly/Serenity already exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

I liked the teaser, it was fun and Cho shows he can emote a bit (The bit with Vicious there). My only main worry is Faye, I know she can be a little childish sometime in the anime, but her mannerisms here feel a little off (she didn't exactly do a lot of name calling originally). I get the feeling this isn't meant to be serious, just introduce us to the characters. The real test comes November.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

Hunker in, this is a long one.

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I'm starting to have hopes. This looks legit good.

A few weeks ago I compared some of the screen shots we'd seen and compared them to the original anime and said "If you're doing a direct shot remake then at least do some color grading!"

I take it back, they have in fact gone in and done more color grading. The church scene is the proper purples now. Presumably other shots too but that's one I was specifically aware of. That also goes a LONG way towards toning down the "cosplay" feel so many have complained about.

I guess magazines need pictures way earlier on the production timeline, after all.
    Last edited by Robby; October 26th, 2021 at 05:26 PM.

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Hmm looks like they're gonna combine a few of the eps and do some change around as well. I dig it, something familiar but something new as well.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

Quote Originally Posted by me, exactly a month ago
    And if you're going to directly recreate shots and scenes, color grade them a little a least. This took me less than a minute in photoshop.

Yeah, this is better. The widescreen makes a difference too.

The widescreen makes a difference in the composition too.
    I hadn't even thought about the fact that of course widescreen would require changing the angle of the shot. The original was composed for a square and looks great in it, but that same shot in widescreen would be a ton of dead space on the sides.
    Last edited by Robby; October 26th, 2021 at 05:23 PM.

I have to say the cast have really good chemistry in the new trailer. Since I got a good laugh with a couple of scenes in the trailer.

Looking good, now we are only lacking Ed.

Watched the trailer and I don't even hate it!

Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar

Oof, early reviews are not kind.

https://www.indiewire.com/2021/11/co...ew-1234678880/
    https://www.polygon.com/reviews/2277...1-netflix-2021
    https://ew.com/tv/tv-reviews/netflix...-bebop-review/

There are some positive reviews, but even those are pretty mixed.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-r...eview-1256777/
    https://www.ign.com/articles/cowboy-...eason-1-review

I'm still intrigued, shows sometimes need time to find their voice, and it's still a litmus test for whether we can hope for the same from the studio regarding One Piece, but it's not looking good so far. November 19th is absolutely stacked with new content anyway, so I may not get around to this until much later. Here's hoping it manages to come together.

London, England, the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Oof, early reviews are not kind.
    Eh...early reviews for The Witcher season 1 were mixed as well and I still enjoyed it. I'll go into this with an open mind. If it isn't any good, we'll still have the anime anyway. The existence of Dragon Ball Evolution or the M Night Shyamalan Airbender movie don't diminish my enjoyment of the source material.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information