+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Cowboy Bebop

Default Re: Cowboy Bebop

Vicious is stupid. Stupid as somebody can be in a world where a guy carries around a KATANA and tries to actually USE IT AGAINST A GUN WIELDER. Yeah, that'll totally work.

The sad part is that it did work, usually. Which basically makes you want to vomit all over your screen, just so the scene'll actually look better.

I'd love the series if Vincent replaced Vicious as the series villain

(oh and Gohn its because hes UBER L33T with the sword!!111!11)

Vicious was pretty mediocre in my eyes, not terrible, but probably leaning towards that rather than good. The katana thing was extremely dumb yes.

Spike's the bomb though.

Jay_n_SilentNOOB Jay_n_Silentbob's Avatar
    Pennslyvania, US (indeed, it's spelt wrong...Noone knows how to spell it)

Favorite episodes you ask!?

Mine has to be Waltz for Venus and Hard Luck Woman.
    Brawl FC: 1848-1356-2850

Quote Originally Posted by Taleran View Post
    I'd love the series if Vincent replaced Vicious as the series villain

(oh and Gohn its because hes UBER L33T with the sword!!111!11)
    I liked Vincent, but really...he wasn't much different from Vicious. He just didn't use a katana.

he was much different

and the movie stands head and shoulders above any of the single episodes in my eyes

I'd have to agree with you there, but the series as a whole is (obviously) superior than the movie.

It's all pretty amazing though.

that'd I'd also disagree I believe that the movie is a perfect slice of what makes the show awesome

as for favourite show episodes

the Ed intro episode and "See you space Samurai..."

Seatbelts with Yoko Kano and Mai Yamane playing Space Lion, covid virtual session 2020. Ins't that cool?

There are other songs in the account in the same format

That terek argument on page two needs to be in the hall of shame.

Ironically that's basically the entire thread and has been for... 13 years.

Maybe the whole thread should go to the hall of shame just for the WTF of why is Cowboy Bebop there.

Also, Outlaw Star has Aisha ClanClan so it pulls ahead of Bebop based purely on that, but falls behind on just about everything else in terms of direction, atmosphere, style, depth, etc..
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Yeah, I didn't watch Outlaw Star growing up and watched it for the first time when it re-aired on Toonami a few years. It was...fine. Didn't think it had especially strong characters or plotting or style, but it was fine. But I guess I can see why 90's kids would love it since this was one of the few anime that were available to them at the time. Same reason people loved Gundam Wing even though it's apparently one of the weaker entries in the franchise.

While admittedly I haven't rewatched Cowboy Bebop in a while, it's still great from what I remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Yeah, I didn't watch Outlaw Star growing up and watched it for the first time when it re-aired on Toonami a few years. It was...fine.
    It was *fun* is the main thing it had going for it. A real Slayers and Lupin feel. (And yes, Cowboy Bebop is ALSO like Lupin, but different.) Really wish they'd gotten a second season because they'd only just gotten the crew together and gotten over all their baggage, they could have been off on real adventure romps in a follow up season.

If nothing else it broguht us the phrase " cactus bastard" so that's something.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

im naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Really wish they'd gotten a second season because they'd only just gotten the crew together and gotten over all their baggage, they could have been off on real adventure romps in a follow up season
    From what I've heard, the plan for future material would have been to drop Aisha and Suzuka out of the cast entirely.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    From what I've heard, the plan for future material would have been to drop Aisha and Suzuka out of the cast entirely.
    Well that would have been entirely pointless and leaving us with only the boring characters.

Well that would have been entirely pointless and leaving us with only the boring characters.
    That's likely why said material never happened.
    Complicating things since 2009.

I've heard of outlaw star, but never watched it. Would ya'll recommend it?
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Sure, its definitely worth a shot, though be warned that cast doesn't really assemble till several episodes in so the early eps aren't quite the same as the later.

It's one of my all time favorites.

Which is not the same as being one of the all time greats.

It's a 7/10 but it hits a lot of my personal sweet spots, and has nostalgic value, so for me personally its better than it actually is.

Meanwhile I fully acknowledge Bebop is a 10/10 and I can appreciate everything it does, but it doesn't quite land for me personally, though I can appreciate the art and the craft of it..

Also check out Oban Star Racers. Its not like either of those shows but more people need to know about it.

Sure, its definitely worth a shot, though be warned that cast doesn't really assemble till several episodes in so the early eps aren't quite the same as the later.

It's one of my all time favorites.

Which is not the same as being one of the all time greats.

It's a 7/10 but it hits a lot of my personal sweet spots, and has nostalgic value, so for me personally its better than it actually is.

Meanwhile I fully acknowledge Bebop is a 10/10 and I can appreciate everything it does, but it doesn't quite land for me personally, though I can appreciate the art and the craft of it..

Also check out Oban Star Racers. Its not like either of those shows but more people need to know about it.
    The only thing I really didn't like about bebop is that Spike dies and everyone else goes there separate ways at the end. Nobody (except maybe Ed and Ein) gets a happy ending, which I just personally don't like. I'll check outlaw star out and see about Oban star racers. Thanks for the recommend!
    Gonna give ya the D.!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information