+ Reply to Thread

Thread: !!! Do Not Post Spoilers Ahead of the Current Episode

Default !!! Do Not Post Spoilers Ahead of the Current Episode

If you are posting in the "One Piece 267" thread, do not post information about what is going to happen in future episodes.

This includes if it's "obvious" or "in the opening"!

If you are dying to discuss it, post in the manga forum.

If you read the manga already, give people the same courtesy you had of discovering things for themselves.

yroc

Talking Re: !!! Do Not Post Spoilers Ahead of the Current Episode

Thanks for the massive work you cats throw down k-f and adc. Much love you deserve and get from thousands..... nay millions of One Piecers!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discovered Stowaway

Default Re: !!! Do Not Post Spoilers Ahead of the Current Episode

So you're the K-F guy, eh? Awesome, thanks for your hard work. I could never sub 200+ episodes.

It seems that this rule isn't followed and the moderators could care less. I guess the rules are just made to laugh over here? Even reporting posts doesn't seem to have done anything. Remove the rule if you don't wish to enforce it, or enforce it especially if its reported.

Why did you bump this when CLEARLY you could have waited 7 more days to win the "I bumped a 7 year old thread with a pointless post" award?

Quote Originally Posted by valiantt View Post
    Why did you bump this when CLEARLY you could have waited 7 more days to win the "I bumped a 7 year old thread with a pointless post" award?
    If you aren't blind you can see that this is a sticky thread, so "bumping" really doesn't apply to this.

^^Settle down guys. It's perfectly okay to revive a thread especially if it's a sticky one. PervyStrawhat, if no mods reply to this thread, you may want to try other means of contacting them like PM. I'm not a mod so I can't say how often reports are seen or taken note of.
    Last edited by Heavenly Demon; October 24th, 2013 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PervyStrawhat View Post
    It seems that this rule isn't followed and the moderators could care less. I guess the rules are just made to laugh over here? Even reporting posts doesn't seem to have done anything. Remove the rule if you don't wish to enforce it, or enforce it especially if its reported.
    Actually, reported posts that come to our attention are generally edited or deleted, so you wouldn't actually see them once we get to them, so its only natural you don't see them being affected on a regular basis if you miss them, and I can see in the mod tools that several such posts have been dealt with in the last week.

I don't see any reports in the que from you, what exactly is it you wish to report on?

(And checking your post history, one of the people you complained about a month ago was banned, so...)

Bear in mind that "don't spoil the anime section" is more of a polite guideline than a hard rule, but nearly impossible to actually police given how much of the forum reads the manga, in terms of avatars, signatures and such, and that the anime is a full year behind, but we *do* attempt to deal with whatever is reported.

But it DOES need to be reported, the staff can't be everywhere at all times.

The manga spoilers are cracked down on much more regularly due to timing of release.

Please, if you you have an actual report to make, use the report function, and don't bump 7 year old threads.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Given that the anime has just started a big, major arc and I've seen a number of complaints already I'm going to take the time to reiterate the spoiler policy for the anime section.

If you are discussing spoilerific material, whether it be a character, power, event, or fight, hide them beneath spoiler tags. If the anime has just covered chapter X, events starting from chapter X + 1 are to be hidden. Just as some do not like to be spoiled before reading the latest manga chapter, there are those who would like to watch the latest anime episode without being disrupted, believe it or not.

It's a matter of courtesy, and while I trust that people will use their common sense when dealing with potential spoilers, keep in mind that offending posts will be edited or deleted outright. Repeat or especially egregious offenders will be infracted for violating the forum's spoiler policy.

That is all. Please abide by the above guidelines and enjoy the show.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Yeah, I unfortunately went to the Manga side and of the the threads had a big spoiler about something that happens in the Dressrosa arc, I'm just going to stick to stick to the Anime and General side, and try not to go to the Manga side...
    Last edited by Meelow; January 27th, 2014 at 07:46 PM.

Yeah seriously... I mean, it is debatable whether that one spoiler that everyone keeps throwing around is really a spoiler given how the opening throws it right in the viewer's face in a way that's pretty much impossible to miss, but I've also seen several people just openly talking about a twist that only happened in the manga LAST MONTH. Not cool people, not cool at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
    Yeah seriously... I mean, it is debatable whether that one spoiler that everyone keeps throwing around is really a spoiler given how the opening throws it right in the viewer's face in a way that's pretty much impossible to miss, but I've also seen several people just openly talking about a twist that only happened in the manga LAST MONTH. Not cool people, not cool at all.
    That "twist" is probably the same thing that I saw, even though I knew it was obvious, it would of been nice to have a surprise when it gets to that part...

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    You'll get spoiled in General too.
    I'll just look at the threads I usually go in and hope that I don't see something that I don't know yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Meelow View Post
    Yeah, I unfortunately went to the Manga side and of the the threads had a big spoiler about something that happens in the Dressrosa arc, I'm just going to stick to stick to the Anime and General side, and try not to go to the Manga side...
    You'll get spoiled in General too.

Before I go posting a couple of topics in the Anime forum I wanted to run the extremely generalized idea of what they'd deal with here to make sure they would be ok to post, or find out if there would be a better place to post them.

I have a couple theories about what I think could be possible occurrences in the future, but they are not based on the intro. I've never read the manga and they are entirely speculation based on what I've seen watching and listening to the anime episodes. I know its a dangerous path in that me speculating might attract people who have read the manga, and know what happen to posting and potentially unpleasantly spoiling things. However I'd also like to hear what other viewers who only watch the anime think about some of these theories.

To go into slightly more specifics topics I'm considering posting about would include:

Spoiler:
    Theory that what we've been told about parentage of characters being false : Specifically Luffy and Ace.

Spoiler:
    Theory about who might get the flame flame fruit.

Spoiler:
    Theory about potential gathering of many of the people who have met in the past.

Spoiler:
    Thoughts on what character(s) might make good additions to the crew.

Spoiler:
    Theory about how Fishman island could potentially be destroyed.

Are these topics I could post in the anime forum, or is there a more fitting location to post topics like those? While I know I could post such topics in places like the manga forum I also think posting in such an area brings in a greater possibility of someone spoiling something while I'd rather just hear from others in the same situation as me who doesn't know what will happen, but would like to speculate on such topics. (Might be good if there was a theory forum where people could speculate, but also have a rule that people in the know (manga readers) shouldn't post spoilers.) (Edit: or perhaps have a Theory forum that has subcategories. One for manga readers and one for anime viewers. In the manga one people who have read up to current manga chapters could speculate on what might happen next, and the anime sub-forum like wise with people caught up to the current anime speculating on what might happen next. - Like here excluding anything that might be revealed in the intro. The addition of those might help to cut down on spoiler postings across the board as a whole.)
    Last edited by One Piece Viewer; July 1st, 2014 at 06:40 AM. Reason: added more about a potential theory fourm

You're free to theorize and guess however much you want in open discussion.

If you have a theory or guess that happens to line up with what actually comes later, that's okay... we guess things correctly all the time in the manga section.

HOWEVER, if a suspicious amount of your "guesses" are completely accurate versions of things that happen in the manga, with a few too many details, and it seems like you are dropping spoilers under the guise of "guessing", that would be a problem.

That said, most of the topics you want to discuss seem to be really far in the future, and so are probably better suited for the manga section. In particular there's a Next Nakama thread that gets a lot of activity... but it is obviously up to date with the manga.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information