Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Regarding kairouseki-bullets and DF-users

Default Re: Regarding kairouseki-bullets and DF-users

Quote Originally Posted by Refii
    It would be ridiculous for someone that was
    -physical
    -had the ability of electricity
    -position of God
    To not act as Enel did in that situation, he has to show he is God to keep the fear instilled in the people thus he can say oh I won't dodge but obviously he would have turned into electricity to keep the people believing there is no way to defeat him and thus keep them in line.

There is no proof his mantra doesn't work when he's asleep stop posting that as fact. If anything there is proof of the opposite, because the little girl had mantra going on as a baby and it kept her from sleeping. (what's her name Aisa?) Thus don't use Mantra being off as a defense.

One final thing:
    http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/5103/enelsleep25rz.jpghttp://img479.imageshack.us/img479/1...elsleep4vi.jpg
    Aside from the fact that it is a common term to show boredom with someone "Oh you're so boring I fell asleep" I'd like a trustworthy translator to confirm the Manga translation. The anime one is done by KF and I know they're very good in their translations, the manga came from the msn group.

HOWEVER, Enel was awake, and fell asleep THUS, They did not attack him in his sleep, they attacked him in his concious awakened state of mind, and he fell asleep (from boredom) and conciously falling asleep is VERY different from being attacked in surprise while asleep. This shows he had total control over the situation and no doubt that he would be safe even in his sleep. Which can then be translated any number of ways: He turned his body electrical before falling asleep, he kept his mantra on, he didn't really fall asleep and was just playing with him.
    Either way, falling asleep and being attacked in your sleep are two tottaly different things, and I think you've been thinking of the latter as a defense which this situation is not.
    What do you mean, to keep people believing they couldn't beat him? He himself though nobody could beat him, and got a rude awekening when Luffy even touched him.
    Enel didn;t need to lie against some little Cyandian that he was going to kill, anyway. It's silly to lie to a person that you are going to kill.

The proof is that he didn't even know that the Cyandian was still attacking him. With mantra, he would have known where he was, and what he was doing, etc. And he would have known if he was getting attacked.

he said, "Oh, I think I fell asleep." In the Null Translation. But the first thing he said was, "Oh, you are still trying?" meaning that he didn't even know he was being attacked. yeah, he fell asleep from boredom, As you lot say, it takes concentration to turn into Nature, but how can that be so, if he was so bored, that he fell asleep, and STILL stayed as Lightning. You say it takes concentration to maintain it, but he was sleeping. And if he kept his mantra on, and didn't fall asleep, then he wouldn't have asked those questions. And he had control over the situation, because he knew that he would turn into Lightning if attacked! And he fell asleep, and woke up to being attacked. Obviously he had been being attacked in his sleep.

Discovered Stowaway

To sum up what's been said so far:
    As far as I can tell from what people have been saying (I didn't read every post to the 't'), there is a general consensus that Logias change/revert to human flesh when in contact with Kairouseki or their respective weaknesses. So if shot by a Kairouseki bullet, they would change into flesh when the bullet hit, and thus they could be hurt.
    On the other hand, paramecias lose their strength, but not their ability when in contact with Kairouseki. Therefore whether or not they could be hurt would depend on their DF ability, and if they can be hurt by regular bullets.
    For zoans, they aren't really immune to bullets anyway, so there's not much to be discussed.

By the 7 Sons of Pwngoat! *Meh*'s Avatar

If Oda wants to use Kairouseki bullets, he will. Furthermore, if or when he does, it will fit in with the physics he created for his fictional world, no matter how out of whack it may be with what he's already established. Why? Because he's the author. If he wants to abandon continuity, common sense, or good pacing to tell the story the way he wants to, he can. He can also lose his fanbase for doing so. Here's a question for ya anyway:

Since the World Goverment seems to have means of dealing with Devil Fruit- using pirates, it would make sense that they would have a stock of Kairouseki bullets to use against Logia-types like Crocodile. So, why didn't they do that instead of making him a Shichibukai?
    I'm like Hisotensoku: Not here to preserve peace, nor to destroy it. I certainly can't move mountains. Mostly, I'm just full of hot air.
    - *Meh*

Because Shichibukai instil feat in people, and get things done without having to exert force most of the time based solely on the fear they hold over people.

And the government can't be seen as a "bad" evil scary government if they don't want people trying to overthrow it.
    This way, the government looks like the good guys, but the Shichibukai do they dirty work anyway.

See you in another life! Mugiwara_no_Ice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *Meh*
    Since the World Goverment seems to have means of dealing with Devil Fruit- using pirates, it would make sense that they would have a stock of Kairouseki bullets to use against Logia-types like Crocodile. So, why didn't they do that instead of making him a Shichibukai?
    Yo everyone
    Because I think that kairouseki is very rare (= very expensive)
    so they can t give all the marines kairouseki-items
    and I think only top snipers would use them because they don t miss!
    and second thing is that shichibukai s aren t all Logias and even if they were I think they are strong and smart enough to dodge them if it s necessary.

It's only rare atm. Never know when some tycoon has fields/crops of it growing somewhere....

maybe some illegal growing... in a closet... of an apartment... to later smo-- nvm.

Besides diamonds and gold are rare, yet rich people and governments tend to have an ample supply, more than enough to provide an army with kairoseki bullets.

Oil is rare too, but only because of harvesting methods, maybe Seastone is the same way, it may only be rare because it's easy to harvest and shape at this moment, but the ocean floor may be lined with it, it's just that without submarines they have no way to access it.

My hopes for Kairoseki bullets & swords remain high, until Oda proves otherwise. Rare just means common people don't have access to it.

Sailing the Rough waters in the back of the dryer

First of all you can't count the movies, they are not Oda. Second, didn't Smoker's cigar turn to smoke once too? Sanji kicked him in the head and it all went poofy...

Then again, maybe it was floating in the cloud somewhere.
    Riding a Rhino is safer so we Ride a Hippo for Adventure!

~Bobobobo BO-bobo~

PS: I am a big fan of kittens:love:

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?im...ate=2005-12-25

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information