+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 157 FirstFirst ... 51 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,020 of 3122

Thread: Hajime no Ippo

Default Re: Hajime no Ippo

Feeling the intensity of this.
    Might actually be interesting if Imai has to learn a lesson from this.

He took down an overconfident Itagaki,
    so maybe it's his turn to be overconfident and humbled.

Unless he's still somehow going to pull it off before the first bell.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

I'm curious to see where this goes, but 2 chapters of straight slugfest is a bit much - even Hoshi seems aware that this is not how top boxing is supposed to go. How about we shed some light on why the champion is doing this to himself ?

This is freaking stupid. There's no reason Imai would suddenly forget his boxing for a guy he has no history with. And its not even from built up frustration in an intense match. It's Imai decided slugfest is what he wants even tho he's never been Sendo in all the time we've seen him.

Just imagine if this is the build up to a stupid joke.

When the match is over, he rushes out of the ring.
    People assume he's simply going to the medic bay on foot, but he dashes straight for the bathroom.
    He put himself through that slugfest to hurry things up because he was bursting for the crapper.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

Could be a dick joke where he accidentally saw Hoshi's and decided that if he couldnt beat him in size he had to be the bigger man by punching harder then him.

That's pure Takamura.

Quote Originally Posted by desa View Post
    This is freaking stupid. There's no reason Imai would suddenly forget his boxing for a guy he has no history with. And its not even from built up frustration in an intense match. It's Imai decided slugfest is what he wants even tho he's never been Sendo in all the time we've seen him.
    He’s turning into Ippo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

So the 3 chapter (1 round) fight was just another excuse to pull zippo back in? Cmon

Well Imai destroyed Hoshi by the end so thats fine. I always appreciated Imai desire to actually challenge his idols instead of just live in their shadows like Hishi and Itagaki did. And Sendo has always been a loud mouth so someone being loud at him doesnt bother me.

If anything I'm surprised Sendo was being such a nice guy to an opponent that beat someone from of his gym. Doesnt seem very Sendo to me. Sending the kid packing because he has more important matches does.

Imai beat Hoshi fair and square in a slugging match. That's something Sendo respects.

Hoshi got Hayami’ed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

I really felt it when Hoshi finally buckled after that blow to the ribs.
    Great emphasis with the black background. What an expression on his face.

Ricardo may have said he would fight Sendo, but his manager didn't:
    https://mangasee123.com/read-online/...pter-1358.html

I remember Wally has the intro to fight feeling too supernatural for my taste and being freaking ridiculous while Ricardo style is fairly standard. I dont like the broken promise aspect since I like to imagine Martinez as a man of his word but I'd be lying if I said I'm not interested in how this fight would play out (Not the result which is Ricardo of course but the actual fight). If its not just Ricardo winning because Wolly knows nothing it could be fascinating.

The most unconventional vs the most experienced. Thats an interesting premise. More interesting then Sendo coming at him with "spirit" and slugging and somehow doing better then everyone before.

I hate this I hate this I hate this I hate this
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    There's a great lighthearted vibe around here, because no matter how serious we might get, we're all together because of some magical pirate.

The person at fault here might be his trainer/manager, Bill. Sendo smashed up one of his other fighters, he might not want him even scratching Ricardo.

I dont care about the specific excuse. I dont like having Martinez fail his words as a boxer.

I'm the same camp of being disappointed but so far I'm not blaming Martinez. If he however doesn't clearly state that he doesn't like being taken out of a promise between men during the conference I would definitely say that his character has been tainted.

It's a bit lame that Martinez can't even keep a simple promise.

And Wally match was the single closest point i came to dropping this manga.

So i guess it can't be worse than before? Always something

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information