+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Default Re: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

I seen this anime already (in the anachron. way, but I agree that the other way is better, because epi 14 makes a better finale).

Anyway, is it true theres gonna be a 2nd season? And what do you think of the dub (I find out in tv.com that they didn't like it, so how about here)?

Yes, a second season is currently in the making. And My roomate was telling me last night that he thought the dub was pretty good.

There's TWO topics about this thing?! Gah'll...

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

Yeah, someone went and made a new thread over the second season, don't get pissed off at this thread.

Okay, I'll get pissed off over that thread...

Gah'll!

Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
    Celine Dion post in the MK thread. I wish I could neg you.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

Haruhi season II has started airing.

Kadokawa tried to keep a lid on it by claiming they were rebroadcasting the original series, but Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody aired earlier today.

I would have watched it on streams but I was in microbiology lab so I couldn't. Sad, because it looks great.

Don't believe me?

[youtube]bXFnd32egRM[/youtube]
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    Making Anime and Manga OBSOLETE since 2006
    PM me for details

Long Live Osamu Tezuka!!! Justaway's Avatar

How do you think people knew that they would be airing the new episode with the old ones weeks before they did it?

Because there was an "error", but it's painfully obvious it was intentional. Kadokawa has always taken a viral approach to promoting this series, ever since day one with the cultural fair mess.

The error was the broadcast schedule for "SunTV" listed what was supposed to be one of the rebroadcast episodes as "Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody". This was caught on by Futaba and Wakaba Channel, but the error was removed and Kadokawa clarified it was a mistake.

Clearly, that raised suspicion and talk. Restricting Haruhi's rebroadcast of this episode to a single channel was also unusual as well.

I didn't know of the surprise until about 10 hours ago, but up until the schedule posting had been dismissed as a mistake.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

OMG! A new Haruhi ending so soon?! I love it!!

Great ending song, though Hare Hare Yukai is still fun, too. Either way, it's Aya Hirano, who's one of my favorite J-Pop singers. Can't wait to watch the episode.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

I just recently got into Haruhi Suzumiya. I read the light novels and I want to know when the next novel will come out. The ninth novel is very confusing, so I just want a conclusion for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

Quote Originally Posted by Justaway View Post
    How do you think people knew that they would be airing the new episode with the old ones weeks before they did it?
    Clearly, you haven't seen the discussions over on AnimeSuki. People have been predicting that the new season would start on the 21th since the beginning of April, when this "rerun" started. (Due to the episodes being arranged chronologically instead of the confusing order from the original broadcast, and one of the broadcasters mentioning that they had 28 episodes.)

That being said, I still found it as a HUGE surprise when those predictions ended up being true. Too bad the next episode won't be out before the 18th of June...

Okay, that's it, I officially believe I'm some sort of psychic, this has just happened too often for me to think otherwise. I was JUST thinking about this yesterday just out of the blue, having not thought about the series for like, a year. I was just laying in bed thinking:
    God, here was a series that instantly became a phenomenon with people dancing in the street and even YouTube acknowledging how many hits it was getting despite being so anal about copyright. Yet here it is, 3 years later, and still no second season.
    Cool. Haruhi was the last real anime (beyond OP) I ever downloaded fansubs for and watched. Maybe I should download this series as well.

I wasn't too big a fan of the original, but granted, I only sat through the first two episodes. Maybe if I try to get through that I'll watch this.

The opening looks fantastic, if nothing else.

The Tetsuo Ishimaru of AP Gizmo's Avatar

Spoiler:
    http://www.animecrazy.net/haruhi-suzumiya-episode-8special
    It's a subbed version of the new episode
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwing
    Stay focused, cause right now you have a decision to make. Are you a man perpetually looking back at what hes lost, or a man looking forward, to what he might become?

I think I'll wait for this season to finish before I watch it. Especially if all the episodes are out of order again.

Quote Originally Posted by Thousand Lion-chan View Post
    I think I'll wait for this season to finish before I watch it. Especially if all the episodes are out of order again.
    Actually, they aren't. They're just mixed in with episodes from the first season, but everything is aired in the order of which the episodes actually happen. (Possibly except one instance, as I expect "The Sighs of Haruhi Suzumiya" to pick up right after the end of "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 6", seeing how that's how the light-novels did it, and ignoring that scene would leave a plot-hole unresolved.)

Wait, so the second season is airing bi weekly with the first season airing on the other weeks?

No.

The current Haruhi broadcast is a mixture of new material and old material. The new material is being sandwiched between the old material in chronological order of the novel events.

It's expected "Haruhi" will end at Book 4, around December when some key events take place.

What I want to know is though...does "chronological order" as defined online = book order? Or chronological in terms of the plot.

Because the BOOKS like to jump around in the time-line a lot as well.
    MUV-LUV ALTERNATIVE
    PM me for details

Quote Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
    NoWhat I want to know is though...does "chronological order" as defined online = book order? Or chronological in terms of the plot.
    In terms of the plot. If it was aired in the order of the light-novels, we'd be seeing the creation of "The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina" right now, seeing how that took up the entirety of the second light-novel, with all the single-episode short-stories being in volume 3, despite taking place before they made the movie. (Kyon even mentions the events of volume 3 while they're filming.)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information