+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41

Thread: The Simpsons

Default Re: The Simpsons

Hari Kondabolu's twitter is getting swamped with hate from South Americans.
    I'm starting to feel really bad for the guy. He tried to do what he thought was right, but now the entire world will probably remember him as the man who censored The Simpsons.

I already said it, Mr Robo lol. And its all of Latin America, not just South America.

I wonder if someone wanting to get rid of Bumblebee Man would get more or less hate from Central and South Americans. I knew that they liked the Simpsons since you always get tons of Spanish results for Simpsons clips on Youtube but I doubt he expected outrage from that specific group.
    Last edited by Sakonosolo; October 30th, 2018 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Not that specific I guess

LATAM gets lest Indian people and only gets oportunities to interact with them in environments where saying "Hey Apu" would either be obviously super Rude or a drunken jape, and having to consume the identity that we are "All taco eating mexicans", and obviously that being just wrong, it is trivial to understand that Apu is another such caricature, and that the values and struggles of Apu as a person shine through any funny accent.

Also, this is season 30 simpsons, 1.- nobody trully cares, 2.- with this much of hoopla about this, Apu will be back next season with a voice change.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Old meme but this is the best Steamed Hams.

To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

The original raito verisons of The Simpsons Season 1 - the early parts of Season 20 won't be up on Disney+ until early next year.

https://news.avclub.com/boy-we-hope-...sne-1839807192

Disney picked some of the oddest things to try and skimp on; just using the cropped FX Simpsons, throwing Phineas and Ferb on there completely out of order with a few episodes having the songs cut out, and other shows being cropped like that as well despite having HD transfers.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Yeah, the entire situation with Disney+ is really messed up. I was more surpised they were using the FX cropped verison of the episodes.

Presumably they grabbed whatever files were most readily available and convenient and just threw the up without looking too closely at them, since they were putting up a ridiculous amount of catalog.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

The series might actually be ending?!? According to Danny Elfman?

https://www.fortressofsolitude.co.za...9abNvkx7UsQeYU

I'll believe it when we get an official announcement or at least hear from someone actually on the show. At the same time, all the VAs took pay cuts to keep it running, and Shearer has wanted off it for some time (and he's 75 now) and lot of the cast is approaching 70...

It's often been joked that the show wouldn't end till one of the cast members died but you know... maybe it should end before that happens and we end up with replacement voice on one of them for 10 random episodes at the end?

Who would want to go down in entertainment history as the executive that cancelled The Simpsons?

Whenever it does actually end as an actual series though, it'll probably wind continuing as some combination of films, specials, and Disney+ shorts.

At this point I guess only if the main voice actors retire (or worse) in quick succession but not at the same time
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

They could replace pretty much the entire main cast with soundalikes for the cost of each actor at this point though. Plus they recast Russi Taylor's characters so their tradition of not replacing people who died while still playing that character seems to have went by the wayside.

Quote Originally Posted by maxterdexter View Post
    At this point I guess only if the main voice actors retire (or worse) in quick succession but not at the same time
    You know, I'm not even sure this will stop them. Between having thousands upon thousands of hours of audio, and the fact that there are people out there who can probably do the voices better than the actual actors now, I don't see how the Simpsons doesn't become something akin to Looney Tunes / all the Hanna-Barbera stuff.

To beat a dead horse, I stopped watching modern Simpsons around season 28. This year I watched both Treehouse and Thanksgiving of Horror, and man does Marge sound bad. We are very close to the reality of at least one main member being unable to continue, but I don't feel it'll be the end of the show anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    Who would want to go down in entertainment history as the executive that cancelled The Simpsons?

Whenever it does actually end as an actual series though, it'll probably wind continuing as some combination of films, specials, and Disney+ shorts.
    If it gives the writers some time to relax and refresh their creative juices that would be great.
    Imagine if we got ten Simpsons episodes per year with real input from Matt Groening and they were all good.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    If it gives the writers some time to relax and refresh their creative juices that would be great.
    Imagine if we got ten Simpsons episodes per year with real input from Matt Groening and they were all good.
    Disenchanted is only 10 episodes a year with unknown amount of input from Groening and its, at its best... not terrible. But never actually "good".

(Though actually given production orders it seems like seasons 1 and 2 were made at the same time despite the year gap, so there's some hope season "3" will be an actual improvement and the respond to the critiques.)

Same token, Futurama was okay but really hit a stride in seasons 2-7, but was REALLY out of gas by its final season and needed to stop... and that was with multiple breaks in its production.

That aside, its hard to say how much of the original show's quality was Groening and how much was the staff... and even harder to say that even if it was all on Groening's oversight originally, if Groening has any of that 31 years later.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information