+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Logia-user for mugiwaras!

See you in another life! Mugiwara_no_Ice's Avatar

Default Logia-user for mugiwaras!

Hey yo
    Now that alot of people think Franky will join,
    don' t you think a Logia-user would be welcome for the mugiwaras?
    Or are the logia-users only supposed to be ennemies of the mugiwaras?
    thanks and sayonara

Default Re: Logia-user for mugiwaras!

let this be discussed in general OP. thanks.

Sailing the Rough waters in the back of the dryer

Logia users should definitely only be enemies. It's part of the series charm that the heroes are always the underdogs, and a logia user would just have too much power.
    Riding a Rhino is safer so we Ride a Hippo for Adventure!

~Bobobobo BO-bobo~

PS: I am a big fan of kittens:love:

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?im...ate=2005-12-25

What's wrong with having a lot of power? It's not like they don't already have a lot of power. Luffy finds a way to beat just about everyone eventually, including two Logia users.
    They kind of need a lot of power considering they'll probably always be a small crew.

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Psychotic Wire Pirate

A logia user would be too powerful for the strawhats. Unless there was another logia user for him/her too fight in every storyline after he/she joins, the enemies would be easily overwhelmed. Its a cool idea yes, but it would be detrimental to the story.
    "Of course I'm out of my mind it's dark and scary in there." -unknown

"Go ahead laugh at me. It's not my fault if my grenade launcher accidentally goes off in your face."

Quote Originally Posted by Voodzik
    Logia users should definitely only be enemies. It's part of the series charm that the heroes are always the underdogs, and a logia user would just have too much power.
    And Nico Robin isn't? She can literally destroy a victim in seconds flat provided they aren't Logias themselves nor too big or heavy for her arms. (Or some other trait that her hand movements don't work on.)

I still say my plant Logia idea would work. Unlike other Logias which aren't made of anything that can feel pain, you CAN hurt plants so turning into foliage would avoid harmful one hit kills but still cause slight pain since you're hurting the plants that they're made of.

I'm sure there's a Logia that can be done without being as overly powerful as Crocodile, Eneru, or Ao Kiji.
    I thought it best to start afresh, I blend right in, I've learned to mesh, I'll eat your food, Ninja Tongue's my name, once I strike, it won't taste the same. - A poem by Don Patch

(Thanks go to Caracal for the Ace gif )

I'd say a Logia would be fine if they're something like Rock or Wood which can't be hideously overpowered.

the bigot who thinks being an asshole is actually worth shit

I wonder if there's such thing as a food-type logia user. :biggrin:

Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible. - Frank Zappa

Eh...yyeah. Instead of making the dumb joke that was scheduled to appear here I'll just agree with Carter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

I think if a logia user does appear on the Straw Hats he/she'll either have the elements mentioned above; or something really strange (like paper or something). I think the next crew member will probably be a musician, so maybe a....sound logia?

Rock still has the potential to be ridiculously overpowered. Wood would be nice, as it's so vulnerable to fire and doesn't have that much raw offensive power. But the best would be a stupid, seemingly harmless element like sugar or a really disgusting one like ... Yeah I'll leave it at that.

I don't really see how Rock can be that overpowered, since most enemies can shatter and even slice it with ease.

As most of the fighting in OP takes place on islands, I think a earth/rock Logia user could make ridiculous damages.

Imagine someone controlling the entire battlefield and being able to lauch attacks from every part of the ground. He could create earthquakes and change his opponents into rock statues like Medusa.

As for slicing and shattering it... I don't think even guys like Luffy and Zoro would be too comfortable with dozens of huge rock boulders raining down on them.

Well, the same could be said for wood, since there's plants everywhere.

I never saw it explained that the logia users have complete dominance over whatever they're made of.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

I suppose anything is possible in one piece, from what we have seen though, all the logia users have been set as people that wouldn't join the crew and I believe that is the way it will stay.

Obviously, there is Enel and Crocodile enemies of the SHs
    Aokiji and Smoker, while they has proven he doesn't always approve of the WG they are still on the side of justice
    Ace, Luffy's brother who has teamed up with the SHs for a bit but he has stated his allegiance with Whitebeard.

How many Logia users we will see in the future, I don't know but the ones we've seen so far pretty much no chance of joining.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter
    Well, the same could be said for wood, since there's plants everywhere.
    But all plants aren't made of wood. Sure, you could say that there's different types of rock, but to make things simplier I'm sure Oda would give a Earth Logia user the power to control all forms of solid earth (not mud, lava, or sand for that matter).

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter
    I never saw it explained that the logia users have complete dominance over whatever they're made of.
    Remember what Crocodile said: he's invincible in the desert. I concluded from it that Logia users are far more powerful when they're surrounded by the element they control.

エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar

It's not likely for Logia to join the Mugiwaras at any time prior to Raftel; they're too powerful and would be insane in combat. One might join temporarily (as Ace did in the OP anime), but a long-term crew member? Not likely.

Theory!

What if the three classes of DF come from different sources.

Perhaps the Marine has the primary source of Logia DF, or the Logia DF was a creation of theirs, which would explain why most (excepting Ener) of the Logia have either been in the Marine or Marine-sanctioned (Crocodile)

Mr. Sy

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrich
    Remember what Crocodile said: he's invincible in the desert. I concluded from it that Logia users are far more powerful when they're surrounded by the element they control.
    That sounded like boasting more than him stating it as a fact, like Enel calling himself god. Also, when Croc sent that sandstorm after Yuba during his first fight with Luffy, he even said he wouldn't have been able to stop it. As seen in the top right panel.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer Ms. Suave Debonair's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrich
    I think what he means there is that, in the desert there is no water / rain. Without that he can't be beat, therefore that would make him "invincible"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information