+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: One Piece: THE END

Default One Piece: THE END

Hopefully I won't get banned from the forum for creating such a topic but, I just want to know what you guys think will happen by the end of the series. Will Luffy end up like Gold D. Roger or will it be a happy ending? I don't want to share my opinion yet though...

P.S: I'm sorry if this kind of topic exist already
    Chuck Norris challenged Sanji into a roundhouse kick battle. This was marked in Genesis World Record as the worst mistake ever made.

Chuck Norris did not only get a full course meal but also the dessert...

Default Re: One Piece: THE END

Luffy will never find one piece and die a broken old man.

well, I think luffy will die, all the D.'s do. so him, Ace, and blackbeard will die by the end of the series.

My personal theory has been that nobody ever dies in OP so that when one person finally dies for real, it will hit super-hard - far harder than any other death could. My guess is that one person will be Luffy - he'll go in a nobody and die Pirate King, just like Gold Roger.

Yeah, I want him to die a Pirate King, too. Namely years from now, after his adventures have ended, he's brought back to Louge Town to be executed. He says something witty (perhaps about finding his own treasure?) while his crew mates (all in disguise) stand by and watch. The blade comes down on Luffy as he simply smiles, then the view is cut away to see his hat floating away on the wind. \o.o/

Or perhaps something 'happier.' Whichever. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Myoti
    Yeah, I want him to die a Pirate King, too. Namely years from now, after his adventures have ended, he's brought back to Louge Town to be executed. He says something witty (perhaps about finding his own treasure?) while his crew mates (all in disguise) stand by and watch. The blade comes down on Luffy as he simply smiles, then the view is cut away to see his hat floating away on the wind. \o.o/
    That would be a good ending should be his own town, but alot of fan (kids mostly) don't want to see Luffy death.

My theory is like Myoti but different. The crew in disguises pull a Will Turner to Jack Sparrow type of thing and rescue him. Then the series ends with all of them running away with smiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Buuhan1
    My theory is like Myoti but different. The crew in disguises pull a Will Turner to Jack Sparrow type of thing and rescue him. Then the series ends with all of them running away with smiles.

i like that, it'd be like the fans would be led into the idea that Luffy is going to die Gold Roger style, but then his crew saves his ass and runs away

Ooh, I gotta say, that is pretty interesting. =D

Or maybe it goes like how I was saying, but then it cuts back and you see Zoro blocking the blade. Then all heck breaks loose, the Strawhats escape, and Luffy nabs his hat right as they all head back out onto the sea. =)

Quote Originally Posted by jinsj
    That would be a good ending should be his own town, but alot of fan (kids mostly) don't want to see Luffy death.
    There's a good reason for that as Luffy being executed would require:
    • The current World Government still be around.
    • Dragon's revolutionary government being pretty much the same as the World Government.

Outside of those two scenarios, it's hard to imagine who would execute Luffy as he's the national hero of three different nations (two of which are members of the World Government), numerous small towns (including an entire archipelago's worth of villages), and a major citystate.

Luffy being executed would pretty much require that the world continue along pretty much as is with the vast majority of the world being under the sway of a bunch of malicious bastards who care about nothing but maintaining their grip on the world.

The most likely result is that the World Government would come out of all this stronger than ever; piracy seems destined for a civil war between Golden Age and New Era pirates. Between that and Luffy's actions that are landing many influential and powerful pirates in prison, the World Government might well sweep piracy from the seas if Luffy fails.
    Complicating things since 2009.

well, in my opinion. I don't even know if Luffy will get an execution. Because technically from my memory, Luffy haven't done any actual hardcore evil crime (unless you call starting a pirate a crime). In fact he was saving lives and making people happy. That's exactly why I think Luffy's execution will be canceled by the people all over the world, by all the people that Luffy and his crew rescued. I don't know what the WG would do in this situation but Oda's an expert when it comes to happy ending so that my opinion
    Chuck Norris challenged Sanji into a roundhouse kick battle. This was marked in Genesis World Record as the worst mistake ever made.

Exactly, Oda always pulls off a happy ending so thats why I think mine works. Or he could just pull a unhappy ending cause hes no predictable.

But the fact is Luffy being executed is predictable, hence Oda will not do it.

There was this one game or book... I forget the name... where at the end, after everything was resolved and the world was right again, the main character simply vanished. The characters just woke up and noticed he was gone.

That's kind of how I want One Piece to end. The strawhats just wake up one day to find Luffy missing, and they search around and find a note that says:

"So long, my nakama. Thanks for everything."

- Monkey D(Whateverdstandsforwillfinallybewritten) Luffy.

Then everyone will wonder where the hell he went, and it will flash to Twin Capes lighthouse.

We'll see Luffy yell for Laboon, and Laboon will apear.

Luffy will look up at him and say, "I said I would be back, didn't I?"

Then he'll throw a punch and the series will end before the punch connects.

Either that, or the same type of deal, minus the note. That way, everyone can wonder, "Was it all a dream?"

Btw, people DO die in One Piece. Stop trying to beat a dead horse.
    I called it wrong, so long ago. I guess this needs to be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by eblob88
    . Because technically from my memory, Luffy haven't done any actual hardcore evil crime (unless you call starting a pirate a crime).
    Actually, declaring yourself a pirate pretty much is a crime by all appearances.

Anyway:

Cocoyashi - Assault and battery of a Naval officer.
    Alabasta - Assault and battery of an official representative of the World Government, battery of a Naval Officer.
    Longringlongland - Assault and battery of a Naval officer.
    Enies Lobby - Several hundred cases of battery concerning World Government officials, numerous counts of destruction of World Government property, aiding and abetting a known fugitive of the World Government, resisting arrest, incitement to riot.

There are probably more, but those would be the main things as Morgan's people wouldn't have reported Luffy's attack on him and the World Government is probably unaware of his attacking Wapol.

Plus the possibility that they consider him responsible for the actions of his crew.

I don't know what the WG would do in this situation but Oda's an expert when it comes to happy ending so that my opinion
    I'm inclined to think that he'd be rescued by well, everybody, not just his own crew, but going with him actually being executed would be bad for the reasons I just gave.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq
    Actually, declaring yourself a pirate pretty much is a crime by all appearances.
    That I agree with...

Anyway:

Cocoyashi - Assault and battery of a Naval officer.
    Alabasta - Assault and battery of an official representative of the World Government, battery of a Naval Officer.
    Longringlongland - Assault and battery of a Naval officer.
    Enies Lobby - Several hundred cases of battery concerning World Government officials, numerous counts of destruction of World Government property, aiding and abetting a known fugitive of the World Government, resisting arrest, incitement to riot.

There are probably more, but those would be the main things as Morgan's people wouldn't have reported Luffy's attack on him and the World Government is probably unaware of his attacking Wapol.

This I really won't agree because almost everybody hated the naval system and the world government so technically Luffy was doing everyone a favor. The naval's got too much corruption going on (i.e. Arlong park navy, execution method). But I guess that's just how the world is like

Wouldn't it be neat if Smoker was the one who saved Luffy?

I don't think Smoker will save Luffy though.....

I like Buuhan1's idea, with a little variation.......both the exercutioner will be Sanji and Zoro in disguise........
    Pro-Main Cast Evangelist. In Oda We Trust. TheJackAss Crew. AMC = Anti-main Cast. Luffy x Nami.

It seems like only people that died are in flash backs.
    No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little.

--Edmund Burke

I don't think he'll die just because it seems to counteract so much in One Piece already (no one dies, seems like he was punished for his dream,predictible, etc.). I mean, I guess there could be some sort of revolution, I mean, aside from Loguetown it was hinted that there would be a great battle at the dawn of an era by Smoker at Alabasta, plus aside from a World Government nemesis, they have allies such as Alabasta, Drum Kingdom, (after this) Water 7, but again, this is probably about as unsubstanciated as any other claims to know the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cap'n Carter View Post
    Good thing that everytime I'm afraid I'll have the will to live I can browse Arlong Park have it utterly eliminated

There's a good reason for that as Luffy being executed would require:
    • The current World Government still be around.
    • Dragon's revolutionary government being pretty much the same as the World Government.

Outside of those two scenarios, it's hard to imagine who would execute Luffy as he's the national hero of three different nations (two of which are members of the World Government), numerous small towns (including an entire archipelago's worth of villages), and a major citystate.

Luffy being executed would pretty much require that the world continue along pretty much as is with the vast majority of the world being under the sway of a bunch of malicious bastards who care about nothing but maintaining their grip on the world.

The most likely result is that the World Government would come out of all this stronger than ever; piracy seems destined for a civil war between Golden Age and New Era pirates. Between that and Luffy's actions that are landing many influential and powerful pirates in prison, the World Government might well sweep piracy from the seas if Luffy fails.
    i always thought about ending the serie with luffy smiling like roger before he got killed, but after reading what you said... i don´t know what to think... you´re damn right :P

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information