+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 401 "Pirates vs. CP9" Discussion

Default Re: Chapter 401 "Pirates vs. CP9" Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ace
    Which chapter is that from? (the swift kick to the face from kaku i mean)
    It´s from chapter 389. The highlight of that chapter in Null´s translation can be found on the exact same page as Kaku´s kick. It´s Franky´s statement on the top left bubble. That´s a classic. :laugh:

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrich
    Kaku rules. It's too bad we'll never see him again once Zoro defeats him though, he'd almost deserve to become a semi regular character like Smoker or Buggy.
    There is a great possibibility for Kaku to return later in the series. The mungiwara is going to face The GV again for sure, so if were lucky he surivives and return then ^^

But NOTHING is predictable now, or will ever be about OP. Oda is a damn genius, and when we think we know his plans, he laughs at us and owns us with some awesomness!

Default On the topic of me rocking

From my first post on Chapter 400:

And by that I don't mean it will happen to Usopp again, but we could be in for more than X VS X.
    And I even mentioned to several people in PM, "Gee wouldn't it be cool if fights collided since they're fighting inside" (looks @ EGX)

Sometimes Oda comes out of left field (GIRAFFE?) and sometimes you can read him like a book. Luckily those times are only when you can call yourself satisfied with the outcome because from here on I have NO FREAKING CLUE AND AM VERY EXCITED!!!!!

Enough with the Pondo Hou series though. I hope he just stuck that in there to finish it off.

Ooh, I missed the complete lack of Chopper in this chapter. :( I wonder where he is.

As for next chapter, I hope that they continue this specific fight between Zoro, Ussop and Jyabura and Kaku and not skip to another character's fight, like some mentioned, even if it is in brief just to see some dialogue.

And yes, like others have said, Jyabura's ridiculing comments will be awesome. :D

Battle Royale: Could you kill your best friend?

Quote Originally Posted by Bibbit
    Those pages pages with Zoro's and Kaku's fight are a work of art! The movement, the perspective, the flow of the page *dies*. It's gorgeous. Gorgeous I say! Can't wait for the higher quality scan then I'm going to spend the day studying every detail. Huzzah!
    Man, do I agree with you! And thanks BF for the chap!
    I was like: OMG this is so awesome... (apart from the fact that the hotness of Zoro in those pages almost killed me... anyways )

I just can't wait for more! Especially to see how Kaku will try to understand his new abilities thanks to the DF... and naturally, I want to see how Sanji's doing XD
    ~*The princess and the swordsman*~
    How can you not fall in love with him?
    *>Zoro x Vivi shipper forever<*

Kaku is a giraffe.:lol:
    I liked jyabura in half wolf form, he looks cool. I want to see a picture with him and his Chicken, that would be awesome. Kaku's and Zoro's fight so far was cool like everyone else said.

Next chapter I think we will have a page with Luffy and maybe what Chopper is doing. And Then the rest of the chapter will be Zoro's and Sogeking's fights.

Sailing the Rough waters in the back of the dryer

True, true. And the funny thing is, everybody laughs at Kaku for having that supposedly super weak fruit and at the same time praises Jyabura for his badassness (yeah I'm making up words), but in nature a wolf wouldn't have a snowball chance in hell to defeat an adult male giraffe.

Kaku rules. It's too bad we'll never see him again once Zoro defeats him though, he'd almost deserve to become a semi regular character like Smoker or Buggy.
    A giraffe joining Buggy's crew would fit right in to the circus theme:laugh:
    Riding a Rhino is safer so we Ride a Hippo for Adventure!

~Bobobobo BO-bobo~

PS: I am a big fan of kittens:love:

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?im...ate=2005-12-25

Thanks. I can't wait for the next chapter...

Jump Ultimate Stars FC: 4596 6023 4615

Gee, but someone was right (I think I read it earlier in the thread...) so I quote... Zoro isn't taking the fight seriously yet (to be compared to the fight with Mr. 1 in Alabasta...)
    He hasn't put on his bandana yet... so... if the first part of the chapter was badass... I can't wait for the rest!!!! <3 <3 <3

True, true. And the funny thing is, everybody laughs at Kaku for having that supposedly super weak fruit and at the same time praises Jyabura for his badassness (yeah I'm making up words), but in nature a wolf wouldn't have a snowball chance in hell to defeat an adult male giraffe.
    You are absolutely right. A giraffe can easily kill a lion or any other predator on the savanna. The really dangerous animals out there are Hippopotamus, Elephants, Rhinos, Buffalos, etc. The big an heavy grass eaters.

Sailing the Rough waters in the back of the dryer

Quote Originally Posted by Fjoggen
    You are absolutely right. A giraffe can easily kill a lion or any other predator on the savanna. The really dangerous animals out there are Hippopotamus, Elephants, Rhinos, Buffalos, etc. The big an heavy grass eaters.
    Doesn't the hippo have like, the most human kills of any animal? I know they like to ram into boats going down the congo and bust them up....
    Riding a Rhino is safer so we Ride a Hippo for Adventure!

~Bobobobo BO-bobo~

PS: I am a big fan of kittens:love:

http://www.engrish.com/detail.php?im...ate=2005-12-25

Yup, Hippos are pure evil behind those funny ears.
    baka^ni

Hippopotami are absolutely dangerous http://www.zoo.org/educate/fact_shee...ana/hippo3.htm. I guess that's why you ride them for adventure.

Chopper has only been "gone" for two chapters at this point. We had a Sanji dry spell for what seemed like forever last year. Oda brought him back with a vengence though. He got a series of fights on the sea train and his character was enhanced by the experience (our favorite chef is good with cutlery). Oda will probably pursue a similar route with Chopper soon. Those rumble balls enable Chopper to alter his initial Zoan powers and shift them to more useful forms. We could very well see him transform in a few new ways as the battles progress. Whether he is going to meet up with Luffy, find a key elsewhere, or help another crewmate remains to be seen.

@ omae: What did you mean about the Pondo Hou series? I know that's a reference to Zoro's cannon techniques, but were they used extensively in the fight sequence?
    Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Outside of a book, a dog is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

- Groucho Marx

oda provided me with a way to give up in my takehome quantum field theory exam... WITH STYLE!

all hail oda and his infinite wackiness!

I don't have a clue of what the first part was :P But the Kaku-raffe sketch is wicked :D Great work ;)

Haha e1n, don't give up! I'd help you if I could.

given Kaku's yantouru (four sword style) he would've been a much much better opponent for Sanji, Zoro's already proved, it's not the number of swords, it's how you use them (even though one sword zoro - significantly weaker).

I disagree sabret00th, because last time he fought someone using multiple swords his opponent was a pushover.

Kaku can use four swords and use them effectively, in other words, while Kaku is using four swords, he's not relying on the number of swords he has, whereas Haachi was. Haachi was just like "I have six swords therefore I'm awesome."

Kaku is like, "I've got four swords and I can use all of them very effectively." And he can, considering the fact that he's fighting evenly with Zoro, who's an amazing swordsman and who has not had any trouble hitting his opponents for the entire series, except for Mihawk. Againt mr.1, the problem wasn't that mr. 1 was able to dodge zoro's attacks or parry them, he wasn't, Zoro was easily able to find oppenings and slash him in the stomach, etc. His only difficulty was cutting the steel.

The fact that Zoro is having trouble finding openings in Kaku's technique, and is thus far unable to cut him shows a tremendous amount of skill on Kaku's part, and it gives a lot of merrit to his four sword style.

Got me thinking ever since the spoiler was out...There is a possibility of more team ups -
    SanjixNami
    NamixFranky
    SanjixFranky

Or hell everyone might just bust into one giant room and have a free for all in there, with the exception of Luffy (who fights Lucci) and Chopper (where is teh little guy? )

Maybe it was just me, but Jaybara's wolf form made me think of some retro cartoon wolves. For some reason, I thought of Droopy dog. Must of been that bent snout. I just think that Jabyara's form looks almost comical.
    If I think I'm insane, does it mean I'm not? Because a truly insane person wouldn't know that they are insane?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information