+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 237 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 160 200 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 3,000 of 4739

Thread: New Official Viz Manga Discussion

Default Re: New Official Viz Manga Discussion

Ugh, did they really go with Boost? How frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by FUNimationRules View Post
    Did they mispelled Coby as Koby or is it spelled that way.
    Seeing how they spelled his name like that several times, I'd say it's just how they chose to write it. And that's not really wrong either. His name was never spelled in english in the original version, and both those names are pronounced the same way anyway. At least they don't say "Corby". (The norwegian version did that...)

What makes 'point' better then 'boost'?
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!
    Julie | She/Her | Pansexual

Because it's the term used in the original Japanese version. As much as I'd like them to use Point, I can live with Boost. Frankly I've grown to accept that Viz will change some things and as a result I've found myself enjoying their adaptation more. And as far as I'm concerned most changes are minor. I don't know about some of you but I felt 4Kids put to much emphasise on the L in Zolo (perhaps to spite the fans). I find if you relax it it sounds simular to Zoro (or maybe that's just me).

Quote Originally Posted by Death-T View Post
    Well, if they try to rush out ALL of their releases, then their quality will suffer.. I'm glad that they aren't trying to please fans of ten other series' at the same time that they're doing the accelerated Naruto fix, otherwise the overall quality of their work will go down.
    I don't see how personally. If they can release more than a dozen series bi monthly then I fail to see how adding One Piece into the mix will lower the quality.

Wait till' Naruto is finished with it's accelerated release, and see if they start to step up the pace a bit with their other manga. If FUNimations One Piece dub gets more fans, then there will be more reason for them to give better treatment to the One Piece manga.
    A very valid point. I've also considered that idea a few times myself and it's one I'm personally crossing my fingers for.

Well some complained about Yugioh's quality when that was bi monthly. Though I personally didn't give a damn. I liked having a bi monthly release, and with Naruto getting a bi monthly release starting march as well as shaman king getting one come January. Why not do it for One Piece too? Maybe even YuYu at least to finish that series off.

The thing is, YGO and Death Note were both bi-monthly and DN has WAY more dialogue to edit in then YGO, and yet the editing was MUCH better for DN.
    Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter) | Gender bender is love! Gender bender is life!

Heck Kenshin was monthly and people said that it was crap but I didn't find it less readiable or anything.

Wha? The Kenshin release was awesom, as far as I could tell.

I got a look at volume three of Gintama, and they're doing a really great job with it, definitely better than any other bi-monthly series they're doing up. I dunno, maybe VIZ really likes Gintama...

Quote Originally Posted by FUNimationRules View Post
    Teenagers watch crap like Family Guy and South Park and make insults like fuck you and some does drugs or play sports or play video games.

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer
    At the end of the world, it would appear..

Quote Originally Posted by Yuugi's Black Magician View Post
    The way it's spelled and pronounced.

Wha? The Kenshin release was awesom, as far as I could tell.
    Well I thought it was awesome. I just know though that people said it looked too rushed and all.

The Kenshin translation got a bit too literal at times. Stuff like "You are a man of Kamiya Kasshin-ryu" from Sano sounds awkward to me in English, for example. It really wasn't very bad at all -- just overly direct.

Signature by Bandit-King
    Halcyon Days

Thank you PN for Avatar ^^ Gorlom's Avatar

It'sall in walk point (full raindeer form). I mean come on... "walk boost"? how is it boosted in anyway its the way he was born.
    Heavy "boost" suffers a bit of the same problem. it sounds silly to have it cvalled a boost.

Jumping boost, defense boost, arm boost and brain boost somewhat works.
    (guess horn boost technically works too but it sounds silly to me.)

Monster boost is outright ridiculous though since boost suggests something positive while monster point definetly is not postive.

point signifies it's a form he can take. (technically i guess form would work just as well as point, atleast for me.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivotas View Post
    What the...? Holy smurf am I slow! Until this statement of yours I never even realized that an octopus is actually serving octopusballs. Talk about not seeing the forest because of too many trees. *facepalm*

Quote Originally Posted by GoAnderson View Post
    The Kenshin translation got a bit too literal at times. Stuff like "You are a man of Kamiya Kasshin-ryu" from Sano sounds awkward to me in English, for example. It really wasn't very bad at all -- just overly direct.
    eh? it never felt overly direct to me. I guess I need to pay attention more. I mean as long as the translations weren't completely off I had no problem with how fast Kenshin went.

Volume 17 picture is out
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ima...283155&s=books

Does the JP Vol 17 look the same. I wouldnt know.
    Looks too pink ,IMO.

Ok this DOES NOT MAKE SENSE
    How is Naruto VOL 25-27 coming out on the same day?
    Last edited by KaizokuFan22; November 1st, 2007 at 05:22 PM.
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuFan22 View Post

Ok this DOES NOT MAKE SENSE
    How is Naruto VOL 25-27 coming out on the same day?
    Viz was releasing 3 volumes of Naruto to get to the Timeskip quicker

Kamen Rider OOOs

Quote Originally Posted by HEATXZ View Post
    Viz was releasing 3 volume of Naruto to get to the Timeskip quicker
    thank you

Now they should get One Piece manga to the Jaya arc.
    Right now the anime is jaya while Manga is almost to ala/Arabasta.
    The Mangas so slow these days
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

Doubt-ダウト- Kitsune: 9-Tailed Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KaizokuFan22 View Post
    thank you

Now they should get One Piece manga to the Jaya arc.
    Right now the anime is jaya while Manga is almost to ala/Arabasta.
    The Mangas so slow these days
    They should try to get to the Davy Back fight XD
    Or at least get to Skypia.
    Some people say that the every heartbeat us the sound of god, kicking an angel, in the face.

Indeed. That's why One Piece needs a bi monthly release. At least then we'd get to skypiea quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorlom View Post
    It'sall in walk point (full raindeer form). I mean come on... "walk boost"? how is it boosted in anyway its the way he was born.
    Heavy "boost" suffers a bit of the same problem. it sounds silly to have it cvalled a boost.
    Technically, I can see where they got "Boost" from. Since the kanji 強化 = "Power up" and that's what's below the furigana for "point." Same thing with that whole "Endless Varse" thing for "Fairy Vearth." It's 4Kids's handywork, but I can see the sense in it...somewhat. (Actually, my explanation only explains their pointlessness in a way.)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information