+ Reply to Thread
Page 337 of 338 FirstFirst ... 237 287 327 335 336 337 338 LastLast
Results 6,721 to 6,740 of 6757

Thread: What are you Playing?

Default Re: What are you Playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Don't lose heart you'll eventually be able to give Iwai the paper bag back so you can finally start the Hanged Man Confidant
    Yeah, speaking of, thanks for dangling that in front of my face, game.

Discovered Stowaway

Started playing Portal Knights again. It's a lot more fun this time around with the benefit of understanding how it works better (like with Dragon Quest Builders).

I've recently started Kirby Star Allies. I expect the game to be hard later on, but it's hard to imagine since you can essentially face bosses 4 on 1. The Ally A.I. isn't the best but that's still extra bodies and damage to make the game even easier. Guess I'll find out.

Also, screw whoever came up with the idea for that wood chopping mini game. It's so addicting and I really want the max high score lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NateRich View Post
    I've recently started Kirby Star Allies. I expect the game to be hard later on, but it's hard to imagine since you can essentially face bosses 4 on 1. The Ally A.I. isn't the best but that's still extra bodies and damage to make the game even easier. Guess I'll find out.
    Well...

Spoiler:
    No, it really isn't

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Well...

Spoiler:
    No, it really isn't
    Lol. Well there's always the boss rush

Beat Sekiro aside from a few minibosses and one optional boss. Great game.

The funny thing about FromSoftware games, or at least the two I've played (Bloodborne and Sekiro), is that everyone seems to have that one boss that everyone else says is easy but you have a hard time with, or a boss that everyone says is a huge challenge but you breeze through pretty quickly all things considered.

What I'm basically saying is I beat the Final Boss in about one hour even though most bosses (and some minibosses) had me walled for ages (Especially Genichiro, the Demon of Hatred, and "The Great Shinobi"). Seriously I think the only non-gimmick bosses I beat quicker were the False Corrupted Monk, the Two Apes Rematch, and possibly Gyobu.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBits
    Place your bets. Is [AlphaMale/AlphaBro, an obvious ban evader] going to get banned again today, tomorrow, or in a week?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBro
    okay let's bet . Would love to see your losing face next week !
    An actual bet and conversation on the Chapter 905 thread, literally an hour before he got banned again.

Everyone seems to have different experiences. I also think it depends a ton on playstyle. Some bosses are really weak to certain items/prosthetics/combat arts, but since I didn't really use any of those, my difficulty assessments are completely different. Also depends on if you play passively or aggressively, and how much you try to deflect, etc.

I did slowly, over the course of many days, go through a NG+ run. Will probably just go for the plat at this point; not that much left and it involves a couple new bosses for doing the "bad" ending that I have yet to go for. And I will say, the final boss was the only boss in NG+ that took me longer than the first time. The first half of the game is a joke because you're overpowered way beyond the difficulty scaling in NG+. The latter half of the game isn't as much of a breeze, but knowing all the bosses and their patterns helps enough to where I only ever had to retry a boss like 3 or 4 times (well, one late-game optional boss did take me quite a few more attempts, but yeah). But then the final boss... I still knew all the attacks, but he hits SO hard and has SO much more stamina that I felt I had to play nearly flawlessly to win. And that took a few hours...

Recommend people checking their PSN linked emails cause Nioh 2 Alpha invites have been randomly going out regardless of if you ever played the first game or not.

Is that normal to get random invites for a beta but without registering for one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Is that normal to get random invites for a beta but without registering for one?
    No idea. I just heard from people that never even played the first game having gotten a code for it.

I won't even consider playing it unless they 100% scrap the gear drop system...

They won't and they shouldn't. Nioh is its own great thing because it is essentially action combat Diablo. When you strip away that part of it what is left is a mediocre Souls wannabe. The actual level design is just decent but doesn't light the world on fire. The story is basically historical fanfiction but doesn't inspire the same intrigue the same way Fromsoft games do to inspire the same kind of content creation of digging into it. Enemy design at least in the first game was also pretty lacking and the game just falls totally apart on actually being a challenge in a Fromsoft like way once you get your build going. The two things it had that also gave it great longevity were build diversity and a deep gear system. But yes I think if you aren't in for a Diablo type of game don't play Nioh 2. It def isn't a Souls substitute in my eyes I often feel it gets misidentified hard as such. Given what the Endgame of that game was and the fact that I did have a build that essentially made me invincible for farming runs it's just impossible for me not to regard that as basically the Diablo experience. Heck the game had even a patch period where a Barbarian like whirlwind build was absolutely killing it.

I didn't really have expectations when I bought Nioh other than a cool action game with a cool setting but for my tastes they kinda blew it both design-wise and gameplay-wise. I dropped the game once I realized the levels/enemies were repeating and I was spending more time in menus than actually playing.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthAsthma View Post
    They won't and they shouldn't. Nioh is its own great thing because it is essentially action combat Diablo. When you strip away that part of it what is left is a mediocre Souls wannabe. The actual level design is just decent but doesn't light the world on fire. The story is basically historical fanfiction but doesn't inspire the same intrigue the same way Fromsoft games do to inspire the same kind of content creation of digging into it. Enemy design at least in the first game was also pretty lacking and the game just falls totally apart on actually being a challenge in a Fromsoft like way once you get your build going. The two things it had that also gave it great longevity were build diversity and a deep gear system. But yes I think if you aren't in for a Diablo type of game don't play Nioh 2. It def isn't a Souls substitute in my eyes I often feel it gets misidentified hard as such. Given what the Endgame of that game was and the fact that I did have a build that essentially made me invincible for farming runs it's just impossible for me not to regard that as basically the Diablo experience. Heck the game had even a patch period where a Barbarian like whirlwind build was absolutely killing it.
    If nothing else I hope they either cut the bullshit with certain enemies and their encounters or stop being cute with nerfs.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

So, as a non-Alpha haver, what is the plot/main character of Nioh 2?

If this alpha stuff is anything like the demo's of the first game I don't think we'll be getting much of the story, Whereas if I'm not mistaken you play as a created character unlike the first.

I've hit a wall with Sekiro at the end. I know with enough time and patience I can get through the final boss and the Demon if I choose, but it's hard to spend time on just one or two fights. Early fights had their challenges but at least at some of those points I could take a break to explore other areas then go back later. I'll go back and try some more when I muster up the determination.

Final boss took me around 2 hours the first time. Had a hard time adjusting to one phase in particular. I know there are cheese strats if you really want to though.

I imagine it's going to take me a good bit longer than 2 hours. My first time I breezed through the first form but since then I struggle to get through and use up way too much healing. Part of the problem is I'm too impatient and not taking the time to learn like I should. I think the other part is in general I'm not great at games that require skill and seem to take a lot longer to beat hard games than it seems like others do. I've probably put in well over an hour into the final boss and still haven't gotten through the second health/stamina phase.

Welp, at just a little over a hundred hours, I've finally finished my run of Persona 5. Really great game, with the story and characters being the best aspect.

Also, I was, uh...not aware that the last three months of the calendar were not playable. Really thought I would have a chance of maxing out all my confidants until that dawned on me.

Anyway, after finishing two very long JRPGs (the other being Xenoblade 2) I think it's time for something shorter and simpler. So now I'm gonna play the new material released on Kirby Star Allies and then finally play Grim Fandango.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information