+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 995: "Raid! Inheriting Oden's Will"

Default 995: "Raid! Inheriting Oden's Will"

So what's the deal with "sunacchi" anyway?/seinfeld

Title: "Raid! Inheriting Oden's Will"
    Chapters Covered: 986
    Episode Director: Satoshi Ito (***1/2)
    Animation Director: Shigefumi Shingaki (**)
    Time: 8:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 995: "Raid! Inheriting Oden's Will"

Akazaya Nine vs Kaido - Episode 995 https://bittube.tv/post/77f6dd11-cb2...c-7e9e002ec9ce

One Piece Episode 996 Preview (24th October, 2021)

Last edited by thaihoa91; October 9th, 2021 at 06:20 PM.

10/10 the sunnachi scene alone was tearjearking great animation choice and great music choice!!! Greatly not disappointed in this scene getting animated hopefully next episode(break next week ��) the moon rooftop confrontation scene does get a great justice too

Amazing episode. They definitely elevated the material they adapted. Super hype. Raid is finally on!

Amazing episode. I like that they expanded the Marco and Perospero stuff as well the stuff with Chopper and Usopp running into the giants. The final minutes of the episode with the Akazaya Nine beginning their attack against Kaido and his crew. I really like the usage of the black and white, while the Akazaya samurai charging through each room as they reach Kaido.

Holy shit the ending of this episode. The Kin cutting through the frames shot with them all yelling Sunachi must be one of my favorite cuts in the series. All the Oden flashbacks (though maybe they used just a few too many) really hit home for me emotionally. This did not disappoint. Damn.

Wonderful episode. I watched the final five minutes three times already.

Toei must love Usopp. They have him do cool stuff he never did in the manga.

One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

Is it just me, or are embeds not working on the site right now? I can’t click any of the above videos, and I can’t input embedded images.

I’ve been trying really hard to put this in my signature or even into this post, but the embed tool just isn’t working.

https://imgur.com/a/Z6JRliK

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Is it just me, or are embeds not working on the site right now? I can’t click any of the above videos, and I can’t input embedded images.

I’ve been trying really hard to put this in my signature or even into this post, but the embed tool just isn’t working.

The youtube videos are working for me, but your image isn't.

Henry Thurlow really stole the show in this episode.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

The ep made me go back to the manga chapter. Good example of improving on what Oda has done.

I knew I was right not thinking the explosion was that big when Luffy got Yamato's cuffs off. I remember thinking to myself Ace couldn't have done that? (Not the ryou but quickly removing it with some haki) and also feeling that explosion could only at best kill a child Yamato. But wow in the anime, that shit was huge. Definitely could kill and would've damaged them both a lot if not thrown away from them.

The ending was great with scabbards racing towards Kaido. All the extra moves Kinnemon and the rest were doing cutting down obstacles.

What was best was Momo's defiance and saying his name though.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

The animation for the scabbards scene was great but the sound direction was somewhat underwhelming. They relied mostly on sound effects and minimal voice acting for the charging scenes but it didnt work very well for me, it felt silent and unengaging (i felt the same for some parts of the Supernova scene in 978). Maybe more war cries/screams from scabbards and beast pirates would have helped. Also i feel like they overdid it with the visual parallels between scabbards and Oden, it all felt quite disorientating. Lastly, they change the colors three times throughtout the scene, from black and white to normal filter and then the vibrant colorful filter. Not that big of a deal but i think the normal filter should have been removed and they should have kept the black and white longer.
    Last edited by RevolutionaryOfThe6Paths; October 13th, 2021 at 12:19 AM.

That final scene animation was amazing.

That's what you call perfect execution. Goosebumps.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information