+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Volume 101 Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: Volume 101 Predictions/Discussion

I really liked the look of this form from the lineart, but the colours have me in two minds about it again. Purple on the tips of the horns is an interesting choice to say the least. I liked how most fan colourings had the scales on his left arm retain the colours of his tattoo. A shame that couldn't be canon.

At this point I wish they'd just go ahead and drop the full cover.
    Last edited by Captain M; October 13th, 2021 at 04:46 PM.

If there are 7 to 8 more chapters before new year, then 1035 or 1036 could close vol. 102, which would be released around march/ april.
    I wonder if kaidou would be down in vol. 103 ?
    If that so, the climax would be mid 2022.
    And there should be 4 volume release in 2022. OP could reach 500 Million circulation around release of 103. Maybe sooner? Because we're talking globally.

I can see the first half of vol 102 being used to wrap up everything except Kaido and Big Mom. Kaido goes down somewhere in 103, but I don't think it'll take all the way to the end of the book. My gut says we'll be in a very, very definitive final stage of the battle by the end of the year, at least as far as the weekly chapters go.

But I haven't made an estimate for Wano's length that's come close to the mark yet, so don't take my word for it

Captain M what are you going to do about your signature for 103?

I'm considering rows of 15. That should keep all the two-part hero/villain covers and the big exciting three-parter together without breaking the dimensions too much.

Volume 101 has been confirmed to have 208 pages.

This means it will contain chapters 1016 to 1026.

I'm doubling down on my guess of "The Pivotal Clash" as the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Volume 101 has been confirmed to have 208 pages.

https://i.imgur.com/J82ddrN.png

This means it will contain chapters 1016 to 1026.

I'm doubling down on my guess of "The Pivotal Clash" as the title.
    Interesting. I was suspecting we could have a 11-chapter volume again, despite it seeming so unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    So, will Volume 101 be 10 chapters (1016-1025) or 11 chapters (1016-1026) long?
    I’d bet ob the former, as Volume 100 had 11 chapters, but both 1025 and 1026 are good endings.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Interesting. I was suspecting we could have a 11-chapter volume again, despite it seeming so unlikely.
    From chapter 1016 to 1026, that's 11 chapters.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

It's interesting how Oda write chapters thinking about the volumes. Chapter 1016, the first of this batch, shows this very clearly: it starts showing the wanoise people at the Fire Festival to remind the readers of the stakes of the war and the threat of Onigashima, and then we see CP0 doing a short analysis of the state of the battle, followed by Nami beating Ulti, which started the fall of the Tobi Roppo, which we'll then follow throughout the volume.

I'm glad they decided to finish it with a exciting chapter, they sometimes choose the lamest chapters to close the volume (looking at you, vol 98 and 99).

The One Piece 100 Covers Gallery unfortunately does not reveal the 101st cover alongside the first two parts of its set. It also displays the two covers we've got so far with a gap between them, once again confirming the actual covers aren't ever going to fully align if you just put them right up against each other.

Oof. I guess Oda made them two pixels too wide or something. Or it was a printing issue.

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    Oof. I guess Oda made them two pixels too wide or something. Or it was a printing issue.
    You are here for 12 years and you dont get its to separate each of volume cover? As simple as that

It used to be fun when I had to wait for the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    You are here for 12 years and you dont get its to separate each of volume cover? As simple as that
    Why would the former correlate to the lattr? It's not like we've had an extended cover in this way before. Sure that might be the reason but like it was said, that means if you put the covers together they don't align, which is silly.

Quote Originally Posted by black-leg jex View Post
    Why would the former correlate to the lattr? It's not like we've had an extended cover in this way before. Sure that might be the reason but like it was said, that means if you put the covers together they don't align, which is silly.
    Well people need to see 3 separate postars to know its not another big new poster for One Piece but covers of volumes put one next to the other. Not understanding this choice from OP marketing team is silly..

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    Well people need to see 3 separate postars to know its not another big new poster for One Piece but covers of volumes put one next to the other. Not understanding this choice from OP marketing team is silly..
    I think you've misunderstood. The implication from the original poster is that the volume covers also don't align correctly. If the gap is just there for the posters sake then that's fine but if the three volume covers don't actually line up then that's bad imo.

https://claystage.com/one-piece-chap...edule-for-2021

Interesting, if volume 102 has 10 chapters it will end in chapter 1036 (1027-1036) which will be the first chapter of 2022 in the official release.

That makes sense. I felt that by the end of 102 both Queen and King will be defeated so that 103 can focus all on Kaidou, and at the pace these fights are going King will probably go down in 1035 or 1036 (while Queen is 1032).

Connected Cover !

Video

Finally, the reveal is getting close. Interesting that Oda was considering red chest scales for hybrid Kaido - just like his tattoo - only for them not to make the completed version.

I also liked this evidently scrapped idea with the logos all linking up. That would have been cool

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information