+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Live and let die - A Mafia and DnD crossover

Default Re: Live and let die - A Mafia and DnD crossover

spin spin spin spin

Exhausted? Stop jokin' around~~~!

Un... Deux... Trois!

spin spin spin

I feel completely fine, as you can clearly see by my majestic dancing and exquisite complexion.

spin spin spin spin spin spin spin TRIP... CRASH!

Miss Nami, you didn't by chance dig a conspicuous little hole right here in the middle of my little choreographed dance routine, did you?

No?

Well, good. Of course, I saw it immediately. But I decided to trip over it anyway.

If we are to fall, then may we scatter across the true sky. Okama Way~~~!

growling stomach

Well, I'd be more than happy to help dig us out of here, but I must say that those provisions are beginning to sound particularly enticing.

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

Eh?! You layabouts want to turn back for supplies? Can't stand a little hunger, huh? Well, it's nothing to a handsome devil like myself! I'll dig on through the night myself if I have to and save you all in the process!

Grrrr, I do espy that cunning Bon Clay here. That bastard tricked me before and I'll have my revenge. When no one's looking, I'll sneak up behind him and s- wait! Is that Nami? But...if Bon Clay's here too, but Nami's still over there... It must be the real Nami!

*smooths back headdress*

ahem...why hello there, Nami! If you're looking to escape, let me tell you, there's no better man to handle the job than the dashing Chief Warden himself! I'll take care of anything you need, just say the word.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy
    Your objective will be to get out alive, and everyone who does so will win regardless of the methods they choose
    According to the clown, we just have to dig our way out of this hole and we'll all win.

Can it be that simple? With the Joker, it never is.

The provisions can help us boost perception to detect criminals among us. But it will also give them a boost.

If there are Mafia members, can't they also just win by getting out of the hole?

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadesoul View Post
    THE HOGYOKU TROLLED AIZEN IN THE END, its a FITTING TRAGIC yet a bit COMIC PSEUDO ENDING FOR HIM.

Some flowers may bloom, even under the harshest of conditions.

I think that if we can work together, then we might find a way to overcome both obstacles at once.

Who knows? We might even be able to see an easier way out if we get to a higher vantage point. Should we trust that the clown saw everything on the way down?

Un, Deux, TROIS!!!

kicks a foothold in the cave wall

​Vote: Build Footholds

Wait, what? How did we end up here in this scary cave?! I was just strategically relocating away from Big Mom and trying to navigate through hordes of enemies...

Actually, maybe this place is not so bad. Let Luffy and the others handle the big guns, right Nami? We've done plenty! Okay, so let me get a lay of the land.

Oh, have you guys noticed that small vent up there? I'd climb it to check it out, but I can feel my 'Can't-climb-that-wall' disease rising up again. I'll keep looking down here, but if anybody wants to get up there, be my guest. Maybe there's useful stuff there that I can tinker with.

How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    Actually, maybe this place is not so bad. Let Luffy and the others handle the big guns, right Nami? We've done plenty! Okay, so let me get a lay of the land.

This gun big enough for you?
    Muoh hahahahahahahahahahha~

If we do nothing, do we lose the willpower to dig? We seem to be digging just fine at the moment

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    https://i.imgur.com/DikKKck.jpg

This gun big enough for you?
    Muoh hahahahahahahahahahha~

Hidden:

Uhhh I was going through some stuff here, hehe

THE HOGYOKU TROLLED AIZEN IN THE END, its a FITTING TRAGIC yet a bit COMIC PSEUDO ENDING FOR HIM.

Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    Oh, have you guys noticed that small vent up there? I'd climb it to check it out, but I can feel my 'Can't-climb-that-wall' disease rising up again. I'll keep looking down here, but if anybody wants to get up there, be my guest. Maybe there's useful stuff there that I can tinker with.
    Long nose! So good to see you again, my friend. Would you be willing to assist me in getting some footholds made so that we can retrieve those provisions and perhaps get a closer look at that vent you so kindly pointed out?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullJoke View Post
    Now, now, boys! Let's save the fighting for a better venue. Preferably when we get out of this forsaken place, or at least into a room with more airflow. And space to dodge bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Grrrr, I do espy that cunning Bon Clay here. That bastard tricked me before and I'll have my revenge. When no one's looking, I'll sneak up behind him and s- wait!
    And don't you think for a second that I didn't hear you, you bastard. I've bested you once, and I'll best you again if you even think of trying...!

But, there's no need for us to fight, for now. What say we work together on getting Usopp up to that vent?

Say, Usopp, did you really see a small vent up there? The darkness is supposed to be my ally, but I didn't see anything. And I have as good eyesight as a bat!

Could this be powerful Colour of Observation? Or a classic Usopp tall tale? Vents are pretty suspicious ya know?

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbycide View Post
    And don't you think for a second that I didn't hear you, you bastard. I've bested you once, and I'll best you again if you even think of trying...!

But, there's no need for us to fight, for now. What say we work together on getting Usopp up to that vent?
    Only because you took me by surprise! But I've got my eye on you and it won't happen again.

Why don't you and Usopp work together to get up to that vent? My arms aren't too flexible. And while they're all distracted with the vent, I'll sneak over and check out that small box in the corner while no one's looking. And then its contents will be all mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    Why don't you and Usopp work together to get up to that vent? My arms aren't too flexible. And while they're all distracted with the vent, I'll sneak over and check out that small box in the corner while no one's looking. And then its contents will be all mine!
    Ack! I got ahead of myself on the formatting!

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Sighs

Once again I find myself forced to work with an insufferable clown. At least I don't have to put up with it this time.

I'm not going to bother with pleasantries because unlike the rest of you, I realize we don't have the oxygen or time to spare, and I am not going to die down here.

So lets look over what we know:

The list of game mechanics:
    • Every person that signs up will be required to create a character, there will be five basic parameters that you will assign points to.
    • You will also select a character that you would want to roleplay as - from One Piece of course, because this is a One Piece game, and give a little back story to yourselves.
    • The game will start with each one of you in the bottom of a dungeon that you will need to escape.
    • There will be day and night phases, in the day all of your actions will be communal - including lynching others, and in the night, you will be able to do things privately - including kill other people.
    • Your objective will be to get out alive, and everyone who does so will win regardless of the methods they choose.
    • There will be NO monsters (or dragons), and you will be fighting among yourselves.
    Stat descriptions:
    • [PERCEPTION] will allow you to find hidden rooms and maybe items, and also see if anyone is acting "scummy" - which practically speaking would be a calculation based on your perception stat and the targets willpower stat.
    • [CRAFT] will allow you to use machines or equipment. This would be the mechanism through which you will get "powers" - in Mafia lingo.
    • [ATHLETICS] will allow you to reach otherwise unreachable places, and also avoid kills. Again, practically speaking this will be calculation based on the attackers stealth vs the defenders athletics.
    • [STEALTH] will allow you to sneak into places without anyone else noticing, and also give you an advantage in kills.
    • [WILLPOWER] will change based on your actions during the game. The more negative actions you take, the lesser your willpower and the easier it will be to pin you.
    And the hints:
    Code:
    There is a limited amount of oxygen in the room. If you don't leave within two in game days, you won't survive!
    Code:
    Everyone is already participating in the digging process. It  should take you two in game days to open the way. 
    Though, once you do,  you would leave immediately, and would not be able to come back
    Code:
    You must choose by popular opinion if you plan to build the footholds. If you do, we will stop working on the exit route. 
    On the other hand, if you reach the provisions, we will regain your lost points.
    There's a lot to unpack here. Lets start by taking a look between the lines and seeing what we can infer:
    1. Everyone having willpower and stealth stats, everyone's win condition being to escape, and willpower being a stat that changes with your actions all point to not having a mafia. Really stop and think about how these mechanics work together. Perception detects if anyone is acting "scummy", not whether or not they are scum. Willpower decreases with negative actions, increasing the chance of being caught. What would a mafia that doesn't win by outnumbering the town even look like? It doesn't really make sense. I know this is a very bold claim to make, but the more I think about the game mechanics at play, the more sure I am that this is the case. We're in Lord of the Flies right now. Oops all serial killers.
    2. "In the night, you will be able to do things privately - including kill other people." - The wording here seems to imply we are all capable of killing. We will know for sure after tonight, and if it is true, it lends more credence to my first point.
    3. This initial scenario has provided us just enough time for all of us to survive, but I doubt that will continue to be the case going forward. It seems likely that as we progress, fewer and fewer players will be able to proceed.
    4. If my prior three statements are true:
      • In any situation in which a player must be sacrificed for our survival, it is much safer to handle it through a lynch. Without proper coordination, there is a chance that no one takes matters into their own hands, which could result in all of us dying. Kills can also fail and we run the risk of multiple kills. Lynches will be far more predictable and reliable.
      • We should sacrifice any and all inactive players even if there is a mafia. The win condition for everyone is to escape, which would mean that the "mafia" outnumbering us should not result in a game over.
      • It is in everyone's best interests to cooperate as much as possible, and to avoid killing as much as possible. As the pool of living players shrink, so do the potential targets. Every night kill means increasing your odds of being targeted AND increases the odds people with high perception will perceive you as scummy.
    5. It takes at least two days to dig out of here. I assume that means we need to dig for both of our day actions today and tomorrow. Going for the footholds means we would run out of oxygen unless we kill someone.
    Takes a deep breath.

With all of that out of the way, I can begin to assess what the rest of you have managed to accomplish. If you've accomplished anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    According to the clown, we just have to dig our way out of this hole and we'll all win.

Can it be that simple? With the Joker, it never is.

The provisions can help us boost perception to detect criminals among us. But it will also give them a boost.

If there are Mafia members, can't they also just win by getting out of the hole?
    Bold of you to assume that it's even possible for all of us to make it out of here alive. We don't know what else awaits us in this place, but if its anything like this we can expect a race against the clock. In this room, we conveniently have just enough oxygen to make it out without a sacrifice, but that might not continue to be the case. Even in here if anyone starts to slack off or gets distracted, we may lose that luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon Clay View Post
    Some flowers may bloom, even under the harshest of conditions.

I think that if we can work together, then we might find a way to overcome both obstacles at once.

Who knows? We might even be able to see an easier way out if we get to a higher vantage point. Should we trust that the clown saw everything on the way down?

Un, Deux, TROIS!!!

kicks a foothold in the cave wall

​Vote: Build Footholds
    Speaking of getting distracted, what do you think you're doing? You say we all need to work together, but all you're doing is ensuring someone's demise.

If it comes down to it I don't mind dirtying my hands, but I'm not going to unnecessarily put my life at risk. I would urge all of you to actually use your heads before you go brain-dead from oxygen deprivation. Maybe then you would realize that any of us could become a scapegoat if we waste time.

I have to wonder though... if you're someone who was able to break out of Impel Down, did you really overlook this? I'm watching you Bon Clay.

Quote Originally Posted by Usopp View Post
    Hmm? Please elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannyabal View Post
    Very stealthy. Mind sharing with the class?

that was all meant to be in character but still i am very sorry if i went overboard
    覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧 she/her 覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

Gyahahahahahahaha

You ask who is this?? Well it's your favorite Buggy-sama of course, here to give you another flashy hint!!

Code:
    HINT:
    If you want to attempt any actions, please use:

Try: Whatever action

in bold

Fun right!? What, that wasn't really a hint? NONE OF THESE ARE HINTS?? Try saying that to my face you numbskulls!!

How about this then, I found a lever over there, and when I tried to pull it, my hand got chopped off. Was I hurt? Of course not, who do you think you are talking to, you idiots!

25 hours remaining until nightie night
    Will give life altering advice for a cup of frothy cappuccino

Quote Originally Posted by Xasy View Post
    Speaking of getting distracted, what do you think you're doing? You say we all need to work together, but all you're doing is ensuring someone's demise.

If it comes down to it I don't mind dirtying my hands, but I'm not going to unnecessarily put my life at risk. I would urge all of you to actually use your heads before you go brain-dead from oxygen deprivation. Maybe then you would realize that any of us could become a scapegoat if we waste time.

I have to wonder though... if you're someone who was able to break out of Impel Down, did you really overlook this? I'm watching you Bon Clay.
    shivers

I've heard of yuki-onna before, but I wasn't prepared for just how chilly a real one would be. Stop jokin' around~~~!

spin spin spin

In situations like this, you should learn to relax.

But, by all means, you may continue to watch me, young lady. After all, my unique style of dancing has to be seen to be believed.

spin spin spin spin spin

Quote Originally Posted by kmohyudin View Post
    Buggy: Also, we have all taken quite a fall there, and exhaustion has begin to set in. Already I can see that all of us have taken a few points of damage. If we don't get anything to eat soon, our situation will degrade further.

Buggy: LUCKILY!! Yours truly also saw some flashy provisions up there. But, we will need to build some footholds to reach the spot, at least a day's job.
    I think that some of you may be forgetting precisely what our wacky host said when we arrived at the bottom of this hole. If we don't do something about our exhaustion soon, it's bound to get worse. Wouldn't it be best if we ensure that we are all in top shape to confront whatever dangers may be lurking here?

Wait! Did I imply that I was exhausted?! Stop jokin' around~~~! I feel great!

spin spin spin spin spin spin spin

Try: Run up the wall to the provisions

I think that some of you may be forgetting precisely what our wacky host said when we arrived at the bottom of this hole. If we don't do something about our exhaustion soon, it's bound to get worse. Wouldn't it be best if we ensure that we are all in top shape to confront whatever dangers may be lurking here?

Wait! Did I imply that I was exhausted?! Stop jokin' around~~~! I feel great!

spin spin spin spin spin spin spin

I suppose I can agree with that. I'm in support of any attempts to retrieve the provisions that won't delay our escape.

Try: Flying up to the provisions.

I fear the consequences of attempting something so brazen, but alas, the sun beckons.

Ack! So this is but the first room. How foolish of me to think we could all survive by just doing nothing for 2 days.

If we're meant to survive, we wouldn't want to succumb to exhaustion. And I imagine willpower will be necessary to build up. But I'm still not sure we can justify losing a whole day building footholds.

Try: opening small box

You ask who is this?? Well it's your favorite Buggy-sama of course, here to give you another flashy hint!!
    While we have your attention little Caesar, maybe you could provide me with some clarification:

There will be day and night phases, in the day all of your actions will be communal - including lynching others, and in the night, you will be able to do things privately - including kill other people.
    Is this in fact stating that all of us are capable of killing throughout the night?

How about this then, I found a lever over there, and when I tried to pull it, my hand got chopped off. Was I hurt? Of course not, who do you think you are talking to, you idiots!
    Try: Throw Batarang at lever

Quote Originally Posted by Xasy View Post
    Try: Flying up to the provisions.
    With a long start and a loud shriek both Bon Clay and Monet run towards the intimidating vertical wall. They both run a nice couple of dozen steps in before gravity said Nah huh. The wall started to slip right under their feet, and both of them, with eyes popping, fell to the ground.

Buggy: I don't think you would be able to do that...
    Usopp: Can't you fly, Miss Harpy?
    Monet: And I am also dead, don't start with that!

Aagh, you couldn't open it, despite your best efforts. You can try again tomorrow.

Try: Throw Batarang at lever
    The lever with almost a divine flexibility neatly dodged the incoming Batarang. Missing its mark, the Batarand swung around on a straight course to Buggy-sama's head. Unfortunately, Buggy-sama was busy demonstrating the destructive powers of his- Buggy Balls, to wide eyed audience; and failed to notice the incoming hazard. Ouch he said as his head split open down the middle.

Two Face Buggy: Watch it
    Will give life altering advice for a cup of frothy cappuccino

With a long start and a loud shriek both Bon Clay and Monet run towards the intimidating vertical wall. They both run a nice couple of dozen steps in before gravity said Nah huh. The wall started to slip right under their feet, and both of them, with eyes popping, fell to the ground.

May we scatter on the true sky~~~!

CRASH

Well, it was worth a try, I suppose.

spin spin spin

I'm still convinced that we'll need those provisions, and I can't shake the feeling that we'll find something else that is useful once we get up there.

Un, Deux, TROIS!!!

​kicks another foothold into the wall

Ack! So this is but the first room. How foolish of me to think we could all survive by just doing nothing for 2 days.

If we're meant to survive, we wouldn't want to succumb to exhaustion. And I imagine willpower will be necessary to build up. But I'm still not sure we can justify losing a whole day building footholds.

Aagh, you couldn't open it, despite your best efforts. You can try again tomorrow.
    Batman, would you be willing to allow a volunteer with high athletics or craft to attempt opening the box? I believe you should be able to pass it to someone and allow them to attempt to open it. With the item being returned to you afterwards of course.

It obviously runs the risk of the item not being returned, but if someone were to refuse to return the item to you we would all know.

I suggest this because the item in question may help the group through this predicament, and if that is the case, we should retrieve it from the box as soon as possible.

My wings have been clipped.

Oh wait, you didn't actually retrieve the small box, did you? You went over and tried to open it.

If that is the case....

Try: Picking up small box

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information