+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 983: ''The Samurai's Determination! The Crew Lands on Onigashima''

Default 983: ''The Samurai's Determination! The Crew Lands on Onigashima''

Oda: puts everyone, from the crusty old men to the teenaged rabbit-girl, into skimpy leather outfits

Toei Animation, Bandai Namco, and fan artists:

Title: ''The Samurai's Determination! The Crew Lands on Onigashima''
    Chapters Covered: rest of 978
    Episode Director: Nanami Michibata (***)
    Animation Director: Toshio Deguchi (**) + Shingo Fujisaki (***1/2)
    Time: 8:30PM EST
    Watch It: www.crunchyroll.com/one-piece
    Last edited by Crossword; July 17th, 2021 at 05:22 PM.
    ~Stargazer~, ~Distance~ original stories.
    3DS Friend Code: 2234-8294-8917

Default Re: 983: ''The Samurai's Determination! The Crew Lands on Onigashima''

And all teh anime filler will ensue they will strut around for a while...YUM.

One Piece Episode 984 Preview

Great episode. I really like the music that was played when they entered Onigashima. It really give me, Bowser's Castle vibes.

The Kidd pirate crew laughing to support Killer was both cute and terribly sad.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Real tough to follow up that last episode, eh? A few really great compositions particularly in the first half of this episode, but when introducing a new location, I really like to understand the character blocking and area, and I feel like there were too many closeups to properly understand the space. I see things that are in the space, but have no idea where they are in relation to the characters and the sea/boats. Also, there were a handful of reused shots and there wasn’t much animation this episode. Covered seemingly little content, too. I’m giving this week to the manga, particularly the entrance spread that Oda nailed so well. The anime version of that page was pretty, but not quite as insanely detailed and alive.

Well, while it surely was a hard task to follow last week's, the fact a half-Deguchi episode is allowed to look this good is proof of how far we've come.

Last week I commented on how spectacular the show's highs have gotten...

This week we basically see what the show's current lows are like. And... it's honestly still plenty serviceable? Nothing particularly impressive but still fairly decent.

One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

Besides the pacing and lack of overall storyline progression in this episode, I still found it to be visually interesting to look at. I think the storyboard was great, and the characters looked good also. I really liked Law's submarine descending beneath the water.

I loved this episode, it did its job and shows the show wont be a sakugafest all the time. I dont know why people hate sakuga but they do so this episode goes to them I guess.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information