+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

My apologies for being late to the day. My wife was in the hospital for most of the actual day yesterday and I was focused on that for most of the day. I'm at work atm, but they have me in a job that let's me be scarce every so often so I'll catch up in a few.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Okay, in interest of being transparent, I also voiced for the cop role and didn't vote at all, that is my bad.

Moving on to the question posed to me, I am not usually a proponent to first day lynches, but considering this is a nuanced day one that had a day zero before it, it's left us with at least some read on players.

Kitsune flip flopping about cop sus is pretty concerning and I wouldn't look over it. Kevo being silent isn't helpful either.

Huschel why did you target Kitsune for that first lynch when I did basically the same thing?

Shuhan omg I'm so sorry to hear about your wife! I hope she's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    I'm not sure yet about lyching kevo yet, I wait to see if they reply before I give out my vote. I'm scared to do a lynch because I want to make sure the person is indeed guilty. So, I guess we see.
    The problem is, as more time goes by, the harder it will be to get any kind of majority vote if there's a missing person. Like I said if they decide to chime in I will gladly consider what they have to say and change my vote. But otherwise I think it really makes the most sense to lynch a completely AFK person now.

See, I don't like that type of thinking. Yes they are inactive, but the possibility that they are a town body still counts as a point against scum. Numbers and hunting are always in town favor. Now if they are silent for the rest of the day, we'll there is a reason Kevo is on my radar.

Hmmm that's a good point. Again, I'm new to forum-based mafia games so something like a missing player isn't a problem I've run into before. Crossing my fingers and hoping Kevo chimes in before the end of d1.

Yeah, forum based mafia games are a different breed from more fast paced versions, so I understand your position.

The thing that bugs me the most is Huschel's quick switch to Kevo. To my own logic, Kitsune is probably a better vote and in all honesty I would be on that wagon.

No, he goes from saying he isn't going to lift his vote from Kitsune, to his next post immediately switching to vote out an inactive. My honest guess atm with speculation being the forefront of this, Kitsune is mafia who is playing dumb while Huschel his partner throws sus on his buddy to look good if the lynch goes through.
    The wrench is why would he change immediately to voting Kevo when his reasoning seems sound? It doesn't add up to flip flop at this point, unless you are trying to backtrack and protect his buddy for the night.

That is how I'm interpreting this situation. Does anyone follow, or am I completely out of my mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    My apologies for being late to the day. My wife was in the hospital for most of the actual day yesterday and I was focused on that for most of the day. I'm at work atm, but they have me in a job that let's me be scarce every so often so I'll catch up in a few.
    Oh dear. I hope she is feeling better.

See, I don't like that type of thinking. Yes they are inactive, but the possibility that they are a town body still counts as a point against scum. Numbers and hunting are always in town favor. Now if they are silent for the rest of the day, we'll there is a reason Kevo is on my radar.
    While I tend to agree with this line of thought, I have to say, at some point we have to draw the line. Another of my concerns is that since the roles have been randomly allocated, we might end up with a dead power role. Which is why I am hesitant to lynch without at least hearing them out. As I pointed out earlier, I am leaning towards a no lynch today, but I really hope that Kevo at least shows up, or we will need to make some hard decisions soon.

Yeah, forum based mafia games are a different breed from more fast paced versions, so I understand your position.

The thing that bugs me the most is Huschel's quick switch to Kevo. To my own logic, Kitsune is probably a better vote and in all honesty I would be on that wagon.

No, he goes from saying he isn't going to lift his vote from Kitsune, to his next post immediately switching to vote out an inactive. My honest guess atm with speculation being the forefront of this, Kitsune is mafia who is playing dumb while Huschel his partner throws sus on his buddy to look good if the lynch goes through.
    The wrench is why would he change immediately to voting Kevo when his reasoning seems sound? It doesn't add up to flip flop at this point, unless you are trying to backtrack and protect his buddy for the night.

That is how I'm interpreting this situation. Does anyone follow, or am I completely out of my mind?
    I do follow, but I fear that this might be a little paranoia setting in. We need to gather ourselves and at least start to focus on a few chief suspects. Too much of throwing suspicion around feels counter productive.
    Will give life altering advice for a cup of frothy cappuccino

Oh no! I hope she gets well soon!

Huschel
    why did you target Kitsune for that first lynch when I did basically the same thing?
    That is a good question, No Swords did the same thing. Hmmm, sounds a little sus.

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzie View Post
    The problem is, as more time goes by, the harder it will be to get any kind of majority vote if there's a missing person. Like I said if they decide to chime in I will gladly consider what they have to say and change my vote. But otherwise I think it really makes the most sense to lynch a completely AFK person now.
    It is basically what Shuhan said:
    This is my way of thinking, that's why I'm waiting if they are silent for the rest of the day, then I vote them out. Though I do see your side as well to vote now and if they speak unvote.

Hmmm, I wonder if they are that cunning indeed, now you getting me thinking. Feels like a battle plot twist in a movie or something.

​DAY ONE - UPDATE

Eight players are alive. Each player gets one vote. Five votes are required to achieve a majority.

kevo_koma (2 votes): Huschel, Fizzie

18 hours remain.

Well, I am off for the time being, I should be able to check in at least once before the end of the day. As it stands, I will support a lynch on either KI or Kevo; KI because frankly I don't like the handwavy part about not reading the PM, and then walking back on his support for the random plan. I mean he starts off his explanation by asserting that had he known the roles were not equally useful, he wouldn't have supported it (but he didn't know this due to him not reading the PM), but by the end his reason becomes that not knowing what the roles are will hurt town more than it will hurt mafia, which doesn't really square with his earlier excuse of not reading the PM and therefore not knowing what he was committing to.

On the other hand, lynching Kevo is just one less thing to worry about in the long run. We might be liable to sacrifice a power role, but at this point you have to wonder, how useful that role would be given the level of activity we are seeing here.

All in all, I am more leaning towards a Kevo vote vs KI, but that just maybe playing safe. Of course I still think a no lynch would be the best course of action.

Yeah, I'm scared of lynching if I don't have enough proof for someone being guilty or not. I do see the case for Kitsune and kev_koma though, but I wait to see what they have to say, if they say anything before the end of the day.

Vote Lynch: kevo_koma

Don't want to be having this discussion again tomorrow.

​DAY ONE - UPDATE

Eight players are alive. Each player gets one vote. Five votes are required to achieve a majority.

kevo_koma (3 votes): Huschel, Fizzie, kmohyudin

4 hours remain.

Looking at the votes, we are at L-2. If Kevo does not show up by 2:30 pm est, I'll throw a vote down on them.

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

Looking at the votes, we are at L-2. If Kevo does not show up by 2:30 pm est, I'll throw a vote down on them.
    Same here. I am a little suspicious of KI too, but Kevo being completely silent takes priority for me.

Yeah, they haven't replied yet and the day is almost over. I guess death really scarred them. Sorry, man.

Fun fact, my Maths was wrong. We actually have a 90% chance of having at least one investigative role between us. So, pretty sure there is one. Still a 30% chance that there are two.

Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar

I guess I'll hammer in a sec, if no one has anything else to add or wants to do it themselves.

K then. Sorry Kevo, I know I have no right to talk about being particularly active, and that things didn't turn out too well this time, but I hope you'll consider joining us again in the future if you're able and want to.

Sorry, didn't mean to put this up late.

vote lynch: Kevo-koma

Hope this doesn't bite us in the ass.

I totally lost track of time!

​DAY ONE - END

Five votes were required to achieve a majority.

kevo_koma (6 votes): Huschel, Fizzie, kmohyudin, starlalilymoon, No swords style best style, Shuhan

With a majority vote, kevo_koma will be eliminated from the game.

Gimme 'til tomorrow to write a thing up and then we'll start night one.

~~~~~~

By the time you'd finished your discussions, the sun was setting, and the pink creature named Kirby had begun to look quite impatient. Walking up to kevo_koma, it wiped its little mouth with the back of one of its stubby arms and then began to speak.

"So, you're the first one to go, then. Perhaps you can join us again after your next incarnation."

Without a word, kevo_koma stared at the little, waddling pink thing, ready to meet their fate. The creature then opened its mouth and started to inhale. Gradually at first, but with ever increasing speed, that otherworldly suction grew. And it continued to grow until the pink baloon had expanded to more than five times its original size. Within a moment, the flow of air and sand into its gaping, black maw had seemed to become a veritable sandstorm. Suddenly, kevo_koma was lifted off their feet, and they tumbled into that cavernous mouth, vanishing into the darkness within. Then, as quickly as the terrifying scene began, it came to an abrupt end as Kirby slammed its trap shut, and its body bounced back to its original shape and size. The wind died down and the sand settled.

GULP

"Hmm. Delicious, really. Understated, but quite tasty, overall. I believe that they'll be going to Heaven..."

~~~~~~

kevo_koma is dead. They were a Vanilla Townie.

Seven players remain.

NIGHT ONE - BEGIN

You have 24 hours to PM me whatever night action(s) you wish to perform.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information