+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 268

Thread: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

  1. #61

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by No swords style best style View Post
    Ack, so, so sorry about the lack of activity until, the holiday and something that came up yesterday had me busier than expected. I'll just say that I agree with the cop and random idea after reading everything in the thread and I can get on tonight to vote or discuss our options some more if need be.
    When you have the time, tell us why you agree.

    How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

  2. #62
    OKAMA WAY Kirbycide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Blooming in the Depths of Hell

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    DAY ZERO - UPDATE

    Eight players are alive, five votes are required to select each of two roles to be distributed to town members at the end of the day.

    Cop: starlalilymoon, Fizzie, Huschel

    12 hours remain.

  3. #63

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post

    Fizzie, what power do you think the mafia has chosen?
    Well it's a bit tough for me to say because I don't really know anyone here that well. Picking totally blind though, I'd probably have voted Ninja since it cripples the two investigative roles.

    Quick question: If a townie or mafia member with a special role is killed/lynched, will we know what role/power they had?

  4. #64
    OKAMA WAY Kirbycide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Blooming in the Depths of Hell

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    DAY ZERO - END

    Without five votes for any town member roles, two roles will be chosen at random.

    ~~~~~~

    NIGHT ZERO - BEGIN

    Tonight, new roles will be distributed to players at random, and no night actions can be performed.

    Once all of the new roles have been confirmed, the night will end.

  5. #65
    OKAMA WAY Kirbycide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Blooming in the Depths of Hell

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    NIGHT ZERO - END

    ~~~~~~

    "Rise and shine!"

    You slowly opened your eyes and then blinked at the awe-inspiring sunrise over the distant crystalline horizon. Then the annoying pink balloon wafted into view again.

    "I was expecting most of you to be somewhat dumbfounded by your circumstances, as well as the little game that I had in mind. But I was really surprised when some of you hardly spoke a word at all yesterday..."

    The creature's voice trailed off as it drifted gently down to the soft, white sand at your feet. Once again, it began to pace before you and the seven other strangers. With strange, small, waddling footsteps.

    "Since most of you weren't able to come to any conclusions regarding which of my powers you wanted, I took the liberty of deciding for you. Spent most of the night partitioning those powers off and putting them into those of you I deemed lucky enough. If you got some of my power, then you'll know it."

    The pink puff then turned to you with a severe look on its strange, little face.

    "Now, I'd be careful, if I were you. Not all of my powers are what you'd call... benign. You see, I've been given authority over Limbo and all its inhabitants, and since I'll be stuck here for the rest of eternity, there's simply no need for me to adhere to any particular moral compass."

    Then, its eyes narrowed, and another of its mischievous grins began to grow.

    "I can't wait to see what happens tonight! It won't be long now, before we start sorting out where each of you truly belongs..."

    ~~~~~~

    ​DAY ONE - BEGIN

    Eight players are alive. Each player gets one vote. Five votes are required to achieve a majority.

    To vote to eliminate a player, simply type, "Vote: Player Name". If you later decide to change your mind, then you may type, "Unvote". To change your vote to another player, you must first unvote.

    48 hours remain.

  6. #66
    Barabarabarabarabara kmohyudin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Falling down

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Okay, now that the holidays have past, I hope we can start seeing more activity.

    The benign comment is curious. I was under the assumption that we have a pretty good idea what the roles are, should we be expecting the unexpected?
    Will give life altering advice for a cup of frothy cappuccino

  7. #67

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    I assume the (not) benign part is referencing the mafia power.

    I am disappointed with the way D0 ended.

    Vote Lynch: [Kitsune Inferno]

    You said you were on board with having a cop, but neglected to vote and then never came back. I know that we all love America, but I am not convinced that all the people who were inactive were actually preoccupied. Or to be (a little) less accusatory: it's an easy excuse.

    Oh, and one more thing: noswords, I'm still waiting for you to elaborate.

    Get to talking, everybody, see ya.

    How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

  8. #68

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    I sure was dumbfounded!! I still am not sure if it was the watermelon seed or pop rocks that did me in. Worst of all... I think I might have left my oven on!!!

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Right, I'm pretty sure the "not benign" comment was just flavor text to special mafia and townie roles being assigned.

    To be fair, my hangover after my 4th of July party lasted WAY longer than the party itself x3. But at this point it's long past, so hopefully we'll get more activity soon!

    It IS a bit strange that both no swords and Kitsune were in favor of cop but never actually voted for it. Curious what they have to say. I'll give them a chance to talk before voting one of them.

  9. #69
    Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    I assume the (not) benign part is referencing the mafia power.

    I am disappointed with the way D0 ended.

    Vote Lynch: [Kitsune Inferno]

    You said you were on board with having a cop, but neglected to vote and then never came back. I know that we all love America, but I am not convinced that all the people who were inactive were actually preoccupied. Or to be (a little) less accusatory: it's an easy excuse.

    Oh, and one more thing: noswords, I'm still waiting for you to elaborate.

    Get to talking, everybody, see ya.
    Hi. Yes. Sorry. Incredibly busy. My b.

    I'm gonna admit something, please don't lynch me for it. I hadn't yet read my role PM when I first posted. So I didn't really know what the available roles were until after the day had ended. That's entirely on me.

    If I had paid a little more attention, I'd have been seriously questioning the people who jumped on the random wagon, which you are rightfully doing with me. Some roles in this game are better than others, and I wish I had given things the attention they deserved to take note of that. I feel like Tracker and Roleblocker are inherently less useful roles than the others. Randomizing that makes those roles even worse, because now we don't know what the town has. We can't inherently trust a tracker report while a roleblocker is possible. And a roleblocker could wreak more havoc on the town than the mafia. So, even though this obviously puts me in a bad light, I am going to say with confidence that randomizing was a pretty bad idea. Randomizing feels like a "safe" choice because it keeps information from the Mafia, but I feel like information the town doesn't have is more damaging than information the mafia does, which is why I am immediately suspicious of kmohyudin. But I am equally complicit for just rolling with it, so womp womp.

    At this point though, we should definitely look at the people who voted for randomizing or wanted to roll with randomizing. I think they had the most to benefit from us losing knowledge of what roles we have. But on the other hand, there's the issue of Mafia's influence on the vote. If Mafia picked first, then they know exactly which roles of the five are less effective to them. So that makes me also suspicious of those who pushed for a Cop.

  10. #70

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    I'm really not sure who to vote out. There's not much to go on besides how we voted. Hmmm. I see what everyone has to say first before I vote out anyone. Might reread the thread to see if there is any clues. I do that tomorrow.

    Quote Originally Posted by kevo_koma View Post
    snip
    *pokes your face* I know death really struck you, but it's time to learn that it really happened and it isn't a dream!

    Quote Originally Posted by No swords style best style View Post
    snip
    So, we didn't talk much on day 0, but how did you die? *curious*

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizzie View Post
    I sure was dumbfounded!! I still am not sure if it was the watermelon seed or pop rocks that did me in. Worst of all... I think I might have left my oven on!!!
    Oh no ... guess the house will burn down to the ground x.x

    Hopefully, you didn't have any pets around, though depending on the pet they might eat your body.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    So that makes me also suspicious of those who pushed for a Cop.
    I mean having a cop puts the mafia at a disadvantage and doesn't help them at all. That's why I decided to go with cop in the first place, as it was playing it safe.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Ack, super busy outside of the game. I'm down for doing Cop plus Random if that's what everyone wants to do. I'll vote to Vote: Extend Day if people want to buy some more time for discussion. But I'm also fine if we just go full random.
    Though right here you were agreeing with us about voting for Cop. And now you saying it's suspicious? Hmmm, sounds contradicting.

  11. #71
    Barabarabarabarabara kmohyudin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Falling down

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    we should definitely look at the people who voted for randomizing or wanted to roll with randomizing.
    So that makes me also suspicious of those who pushed for a Cop.
    That's like saying you are suspicious of everyone. And when you are suspicious of everyone, you are not really suspicious of anyone :/

    If you had to choose, which would you say is more suspicious? Pushing for random, or pushing for cop??

    I am usually not in the favor of lynching for lack of activity, but this is getting ridiculous.
    Will give life altering advice for a cup of frothy cappuccino

  12. #72

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Inferno View Post
    Hi. Yes. Sorry. Incredibly busy. My b.

    I'm gonna admit something, please don't lynch me for it. I hadn't yet read my role PM when I first posted. So I didn't really know what the available roles were until after the day had ended. That's entirely on me.
    That is on you, yes. It's one of those things that really hurt town and therefore can't be tolerated because that would defeat the whole point of scum hunting. It's like a lying Townie. They might try to pull off some elaborate plan, but ultimately they are acting suspiciously and should be treated as such.

    If I had paid a little more attention, I'd have been seriously questioning the people who jumped on the random wagon, which you are rightfully doing with me.
    I didn't vote for you because you jumped on the wagon. It's because you didn't commit. It's been pointed out that noswords did the same. I'm also still waiting for them to answer my question...

    Some roles in this game are better than others, and I wish I had given things the attention they deserved to take note of that. I feel like Tracker and Roleblocker are inherently less useful roles than the others. Randomizing that makes those roles even worse, because now we don't know what the town has. We can't inherently trust a tracker report while a roleblocker is possible. And a roleblocker could wreak more havoc on the town than the mafia. So, even though this obviously puts me in a bad light, I am going to say with confidence that randomizing was a pretty bad idea. Randomizing feels like a "safe" choice because it keeps information from the Mafia, but I feel like information the town doesn't have is more damaging than information the mafia does, which is why I am immediately suspicious of kmohyudin. But I am equally complicit for just rolling with it, so womp womp.
    Personally, I prefer a Tracker over a Watcher. But there's not too much of a difference. It's true that a roleblocker could hurt Town.

    At this point though, we should definitely look at the people who voted for randomizing or wanted to roll with randomizing. I think they had the most to benefit from us losing knowledge of what roles we have. But on the other hand, there's the issue of Mafia's influence on the vote. If Mafia picked first, then they know exactly which roles of the five are less effective to them. So that makes me also suspicious of those who pushed for a Cop.
    Like kmo said, that's basically everybody who was around. And everybody else...wasn't around. If I were mafia, I would not have picked the Godfather, but that's just speculation/WIFOMing.

    All in all, I'm not convinced that I should lift my vote on you. I would appreciate it if you could get others to participate though.

    Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymon
    I mean having a cop puts the mafia at a disadvantage and doesn't help them at all.
    Please elaborate what the bolded part means.

    Shuhan: Up for a lynch today? Or would you prefer to wait? What for?

    Fizzie: Same questions.

    noswords: Refer to post #61, please.

    kmo: What's your favourite type of rainbow?

    kevo_koma: I...forgot you were in this game. That's not good.

    How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

  13. #73
    Barabarabarabarabara kmohyudin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Falling down

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    kmo: What's your favourite type of rainbow?
    Hidden:
    O.O

    I bet you thought that I've been living under a rock and that it's just today; NOW even, that I learned that there in fact different types of rainbows. But, Ha!!, I actually happen to be the worlds leading expert on types of rainbows and have been involved in watching and studying them since I was practically a baby (six months old to be exact). How else would you explain my extensive knowledge on the subject? Hmm??? Can you really be suggesting that I only half read some article online and chose the Rainbow under the moonlight, because it sounds awesome and romantic? Because while it is my favorite, I dare you, DARE YOU, to challenge my authority on rainbows. I will see you in court brother!
    Will give life altering advice for a cup of frothy cappuccino

  14. #74
    Discovered Stowaway No swords style best style's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    In every punch and kick

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    So, we didn't talk much on day 0, but how did you die?
    I wanted toast in the middle of taking a shower, and, well, when I got the toaster...

    I slipped and hit my head. No toast for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    noswords: Refer to post #61, please.
    Sure thing. I wanted cop to be one of the roles because of how it benefits the town, with the only possible downside being a godfather getting investigated. But since we know that about the possibility of a godfather, the fact that there may not even be a godfather, plus the odds of them actually getting investigated, makes it very unlikely that the mafia could seriously benefit from the role.

    As for random, my initial thoughts were it would just keep things hidden from the mafia, since they also could have a voice in our vote and lean things toward what would be best for them. Like voting for watcher if they had picked ninja, for example. And even if the mafia lied about having one of the roles to cause confusion, with a cop and other actual power townie around I thought it wouldn't be too difficult to suss out who was telling the truth.

    And to be 100% honest, I have no excuse for not getting on to vote before the day ended, that was completely my fault for losing track of time.

  15. #75

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    Please elaborate what the bolded part means.
    Well, from what I know of cop from the last game, it gives a guilty report on mafia members minus the godfather if there is one. I feel like that puts the mafia at a disadvantage because their goal is to not die and be half the town. Does that make sense?

    Quote Originally Posted by No swords style best style View Post
    I wanted toast in the middle of taking a shower, and, well, when I got the toaster...

    I slipped and hit my head. No toast for me.
    Well damn...

  16. #76
    OKAMA WAY Kirbycide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    Blooming in the Depths of Hell

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    ​DAY ONE - UPDATE

    Eight players are alive. Each player gets one vote. Five votes are required to achieve a majority.

    Kitsune Inferno (1 vote): Huschel

    24 hours remain.

  17. #77
    Barabarabarabarabara kmohyudin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Falling down

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Okay, here is what I think. We have 2 roles among us, and 3 out of 5 possible roles are investigative. If my Maths is right and the roles were given randomly, that gives us an 80% chance of having at least one investigative role between us, which are good odds I believe (there is also a 30% chance that both roles are investigative). So, what do we do?

    1. Should we lynch today? Well, we have barely heard from a couple of players, and Shuhan is weirdly silent today. I also kinda agree with a KI lynch based on the discussion so far. So, we definitely have options. But, nothing is screaming go-for-it, at least to me right now. This might change as the day progresses, but experience tells me that would not be the case. Inactivity is really a bitch. If however, the town decides to go for a lynch, I would follow.

    2. What about a no lynch? Every time someone dies, there is an increasing chance that the dead would be the one with the investigative role. Under ideal conditions, our investigator would get 3 chances to check for misdeeds, and no lynching today is a requirement for that. Otherwise at best we are looking at two chances. I like gambling so this is the route I would prefer, unless we have a clear baddie for today.
    Will give life altering advice for a cup of frothy cappuccino

  18. #78

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    Well, from what I know of cop from the last game, it gives a guilty report on mafia members minus the godfather if there is one. I feel like that puts the mafia at a disadvantage because their goal is to not die and be half the town. Does that make sense?
    Makes sense, sure. But that is not the bolded part. What do you mean when you say that a Cop doesn't help mafia at all? Which role helps the mafia when a Townie is wielding it?

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    I think we should lynch kevo_koma today. They haven't been around at all. Which might be a newbie mafia player who is too afraid to do anything. Or a townie who is not around. This would be the day to lynch an inactive player. It'll be too late on D2 with so few players.

    I won't be around for basically the rest of the day, so:

    Unvote
    Vote Lynch: kevo_doma




    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    See? I put down a vote before leaving :P

    How original is it to still have this in my signature 5 years later?

  19. #79

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    Fizzie: Same questions.
    I'm definitely up for a lynch tonight but the lack of activity makes it hard to pick a target. kevo, and to a lesser extend Shuhan, are both silent, while KI and noswords are suspicious for being in favor of cop and not voting such. This is my first time playing a forum-based mafia game so I'm not sure how frowned upon it is to lynch for inactivity but it would definitely at least be more engaging to play with active people.

    Leaning towards voting KI or kevo, I will decide before the night.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Ok if Huschel is doing it, I'll do it too. Logically, this is the time to vote inactive players. I'm definitely open to changing my vote if they speak up, but for now:

    Vote Lynch: kevo_doma

  20. #80

    Default Re: Scales of Justice - a Mafia Game

    I'm not sure yet about lyching kevo yet, I wait to see if they reply before I give out my vote. I'm scared to do a lynch because I want to make sure the person is indeed guilty. So, I guess we see.

    Quote Originally Posted by Huschel View Post
    Makes sense, sure. But that is not the bolded part. What do you mean when you say that a Cop doesn't help mafia at all?
    I mean cops only due guilty reports. Since mafia knows who mafia is, they know everyone is the rest of town. A cop doesn't help mafia at all because of how a cop literally tries to track down only mafia members. That's what I meant really.

    Which role helps the mafia when a Townie is wielding it?
    Hmm, some said Roleblocker, but honestly I don't know, I'm still new to what roles does what, so me still learning! xD

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Shuhan View Post
    snip
    *pretends to be Navi to get your attention* Hey Hey Listen! We need you to speak up to know your thoughts! Hey Heyyyy Listen!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts