+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Are You Watching? (Animation Edition)

Default What Are You Watching? (Animation Edition)

What animated TV shows and movies are you watching and what do you think of them?

Young Justice
    Finally watching the third season. It's been a while since I've seen the first two seasons so my memory's not the best, but it seems as good as it ever was. Though I do think the show still takes for granted that we should just automatically like and be interested in all these characters without setting them up that much, just because they're superheroes. Also, the plot of this season just kind of feels like it's meandering about in multiple directions.

Spectacular Spider-Man
    My first viewing of this show. This is a really competently made show that manages to keep things interesting with its fast pace and having Spider-Man face a different villains each episode. And it's got a really great sense of continuity (like, they actually paid off Flash and the jocks having to dress up as cheerleaders after losing a bet). The kind of simplistic art style and the characters' big pupils were distracting for me at first, but they've grown on me.

Duckman
    Again, first time viewing this show. It holds up pretty well in terms of writing and comedy, though the Klasky Csupo art style is a bit off-putting for my taste. Cornfed is probably my favorite character. And hey, it's got Frank Zappa music! (yes, I'm aware his son plays Ajax)

Default Re: What Are You Watching? (Animation Edition)

Just finished the second episode of Invincible

I just think Invincible is looking good, and bloody, wow, so much blood.

Tropical Rouge Precure. With some rewatching of Go Princess to boot.

Just finished Blood Of Zeus which I thought was great, but I'm a sucker for anything Greek Myth.

Still got a few episodes of Kid Cosmic to go, it's okay but not as good as I thought it was going to be.

Also finally got around to watching the Adventure Time BMO special, found it pretty meh, but I found big chunks of ​original show pretty meh too.

Nowadays, I'm watching Hilda. Had a blast with the first season, and I'm enjoying the second one as well. I'm trying to save up the episodes and not binge them back to back, so I can appreciate them more.

Cannot recommend enough. Beautiful, fluid animation, heartwarming adventures and lovable characters all around with a touch of mystery and mythology.

Finished up Spectacular Spider-Man. Good show, but a real bummer that it got cancelled when it did. Definitely could've gone on for a few more seasons.

That said, Season 2 really grated on me with Peter constantly beating around the bush with Liz and Gwen.

Also, I don't know if this was a thing in the comics, but turning Kraven into a generic lion monster was kind of lame. Just as well that they didn't use him after the first few episodes.

I do like how the show kept me guessing with the Green Goblin subplot. I really wasn't sure who GG was until the very end.

Considering how kid-friendly the show was (almost to a fault) I wonder if they could've eventually gone through with Gwen Stacy's death.

So, overall, good show, though I don't really see it as the masterpiece some people see it as.

Right now, only Amphibia. But I got a backlog in my drive of some TB with stuff for watch. I think I'll try to binge Invincible this weekend.

I just started watching Total Drama Island. The jokes didn't really land for me at first, but after a couple of episodes and once you started to get to know the characters a little better, it became pretty hilarious. Simply playing the characters of against each other is a lot of fun. I could do without some of the gross-out gags though. There have been two episodes so far that almost made me sick to my stomach and I'm usually not that squeamish.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information