+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon BD,SP, Legends, and other Spinoffs

Default Re: Pokémon BD,SP, Legends, and other Spinoffs

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    The gen 4 remakes are reaching a point where they look improved enough over the originals that I might bite.

PLA definitely looks interesting but given Gamefreak's long-established legacy of screwing up the seemingly obvious, I don't have a ton of faith that the major gameplay changes they're implementing won't be heavily flawed.
    Yeah, I don't think they're very talented developers, at least compared to the rest of Nintendo. And yet, they're doing what I feel like they dabbled in with Sun and Moon: truly integrating the world with the pokemon and making them indispensable to how the game is played and the world is traversed. If the Wild Area, Crown Tundra, and Isle of Armor had that philosophy it would have been a much more special experience and I can only imagine the overall locations would have bene more immersive and interesting to traverse. Pokemon has only lasted as long as it has because the actual monsters are typically well designed and their abilities are thrilling. Even if the game is overall close-to-meh, I can live with it if they enrichen the pokemon experience. If Legends:Arceus had another bike to traverse the lands, I wouldn't care at all.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Seriously, Pokemon is the highest Grossing media franchise of all time, why don't they put a little more love and care into it

look at this series, a no name franchise doing the same concept as Pokemon Legends Arceus and look how jam packed it is with stuff to do how great the visuals are and how much they put into a four minute trailer (which they say doesn't even show 10% of what the game holds)

seriously no name studio/franchise vs the Juggernaut that is Nintendo/Pokemon, and look which one loos better
    Honestly, I think Arceus looks better. The artistic direction works well for me and it's not vomiting graphics all over my face to the point I cannot tell what is even happening. I also am not a fan of the hyper HD baby face kids doing parkour.
    I feel like I'm the only person in the universe who doesn't get what people see in this DokeV game. It looks like one of those awful concept demos of a game that won't come out for years, and when it does everyone shrugs as to what it even is about.

I was more invested in the random chinese-pokemon game with the monsters wielding machine guns and working in sweatshops, that one at least had insights into fun gameplay. This one just looks like what every ARPG is already doing except more confetti-vomit all over it, easily my least favorite of the wave of games we've been getting where everyone goes "omg look this indie is doing pokemon but BETTER" (and then we never hear from them ever again)

Quote Originally Posted by Noqanky View Post
    Honestly, I think Arceus looks better. The artistic direction works well for me and it's not vomiting graphics all over my face to the point I cannot tell what is even happening. I also am not a fan of the hyper HD baby face kids doing parkour.
    I feel like I'm the only person in the universe who doesn't get what people see in this DokeV game. It looks like one of those awful concept demos of a game that won't come out for years, and when it does everyone shrugs as to what it even is about.

I was more invested in the random chinese-pokemon game with the monsters wielding machine guns and working in sweatshops, that one at least had insights into fun gameplay. This one just looks like what every ARPG is already doing except more confetti-vomit all over it, easily my least favorite of the wave of games we've been getting where everyone goes "omg look this indie is doing pokemon but BETTER" (and then we never hear from them ever again)
    I highly doubt your the only one, and to be honest it very well might end up being a total train wreck, I don’t buy games anymore until there’s a good amount of reviews on metacritic of both critics and fans, because just cause something looks good or fun and entertaining doesn’t mean it will be

But to me it looks like it could be a blast, and I don’t really get any great vibes from Pokemon Legends Areceus

But again I’ll wait till the reviews come out before I buy either

Edit: also I like from what I’ve read that Dokebi aren’t just monsters everyone can see and acknowledge as real but creatures that only a select few can see and are created when people have dreams that they give up on, and I think catching them has something to do with figuring out what that dream that created them was and figuring out some puzzle thing based on that and then a boss fight to collect them
    Last edited by Shiebs; September 29th, 2021 at 05:38 PM.

I wonder if it even is as much a "pokemon" game as people think it is. It looks more like Kingdom Hearts where you control the kid and maybe do summons or trigger the monsters doing things to help you in battle.

In any case I don't expect it to come out in time to compete with Arceus. It looks like a very busy game, and if that's just 10% then there's no way that thing comes out within the next year.

You know what... if I do get BDSP I'm going to hold off on PLA for like a year anyway, because two Pokemon games a year is going to make me burned out again.

The series should ideally be getting games every other year or every three years.

Apparently I'm not the only one

It seems like Arceus is going to be less open world Breath of the Wild, and more isolated scenario zones like Monster Hunter.

https://kotaku.com/pokemon-legends-a...pen-1847817836
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    It seems like Arceus is going to be less open world Breath of the Wild, and more isolated scenario zones like Monster Hunter.

https://kotaku.com/pokemon-legends-a...pen-1847817836
    Do you have any opinions on the Dokev video game?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Do you have any opinions on the Dokev video game?
    Not particularly. It looks nice I guess but that's not an accomplishment in this day and age. Kena looked really nice too but ultimately the final game wasn't much.

Can't really tell anything about gameplay or map size or monster count from what little we've seen, so I have no real opinion.

Be hard to top Monster Sanctuary anyway. That scratched most of my monster collector itches for a bit.
    Last edited by Robby; October 7th, 2021 at 11:08 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Hisuan Zorua and Zoroark. I mainly bring this up because we now have a Normal/Ghost type.

It looks like there's a chance HM system is basically what I've been advocating for here for years. Wild pokemon can fulfill the HM functions, but you can also use your own eligible pokemon as well assuming that this post from reddit is correct. If so, it'll be great for overall immersion.

edit: It could easily be a more limited function, but any variety would be pretty nice imo.
    Last edited by andre; October 28th, 2021 at 10:48 AM.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.

In case you all weren't aware, these games (BDSP) have leaked. And I mean they've really leaked; you can play them on your computers right now if you want.

Discovered Stowaway

Damn, I would expect some leaks as 1 week prior to the release but this seems a bit early to me. This kinda reminds me of the GoT leaks for the last episodes which were released early as well. But well I bought the game so I think I can wait another week to play the game.
    SW-3170-8630-8341

I've already pre-ordered my Shining Pearl, I'll just wait for it.

Honchkrow is exclusive to BD! Finally I can have my sinnoh flyer on my team! Get friggidy fucked staraptor!
    Gonna give ya the D.!

So far these games are looking to be really great, especially the post game. There's no battle frontier, but there's loads of other stuff to do it seems.

So reviews are in for the remake, I didn't buy it but saw a few livestreams and god do I hate the art style. This is probably the first and only pokemon game I'm not going to play despite the fact that Sinnoh is my favourite region.
    "The safest, most boring remake in the franchise" sums up all the reviews sentiments and reddit long posts pretty well.

Sigh, I would be infuriated but I'm all out of gas a long time ago when the teaser first dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    So reviews are in for the remake, I didn't buy it but saw a few livestreams and god do I hate the art style. This is probably the first and only pokemon game I'm not going to play despite the fact that Sinnoh is my favourite region.
    "The safest, most boring remake in the franchise" sums up all the reviews sentiments and reddit long posts pretty well.

Sigh, I would be infuriated but I'm all out of gas a long time ago when the teaser first dropped.
    The biggest difference is the amount of bugs in this game. It has to have more than the originals. There are duplication glitches, move learning glitches, glitches to get into basically anything. It's incredible.

It's amazing how you only have to play for like 10 minutes before you get sucked into Serebii.net all over again.

Choosing Turtwig will definitely make things go different for me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    It's amazing how you only have to play for like 10 minutes before you get sucked into Serebii.net all over again.

Choosing Turtwig will definitely make things go different for me though.
    Welcome to the grass turtle alliance.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information