Closed Thread
Page 228 of 321 FirstFirst ... 128 178 218 226 227 228 229 230 238 278 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 6405

Thread: American Politics: So long Trump!

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

Quote Originally Posted by Nolus View Post
    Age equals wisdom. Have you ever seen a foolish old person?
    My grandmother, Maria. How she made it to her mid 70's is a mystery.

Yeah, I met some awesome old folks that actually have wisdom, and it's nice to also hear their stories from before I was born. Though sadly, there's also some old people that are just annoying and dumb like Trump. Honestly, Trump is probably our dumbest president in terms of intelligence. I don't think he even done college or finished it if he did try to go. You can even tell he's less smart because of how he talks, he has very bad English and speaks like a child.

My AniList: https://anilist.co/user/starlalilymoon/
    Discord: starlalilymoon#3489 | Steam: starlalilymoon
    Avatar Information: Artist - カグレ; Character - Gardevoir; Series - Pokémon

A warning if your skin is anything darker than "pale", the ICE is implementing fast-track deportations:
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...thbbdlIXUnAa04

Quote Originally Posted by starlalilymoon View Post
    Yeah, I met some awesome old folks that actually have wisdom, and it's nice to also hear their stories from before I was born. Though sadly, there's also some old people that are just annoying and dumb like Trump. Honestly, Trump is probably our dumbest president in terms of intelligence. I don't think he even done college or finished it if he did try to go. You can even tell he's less smart because of how he talks, he has very bad English and speaks like a child.
    Age gives you experience, but not necessarily wisdom.

And Trump actually did graduate from University of Pennsylvania (how his grades were are unknown). And if you look back at, say, the 90s, he was a lot more on top of it. Always been an idiot, but there is little doubt in my mind that he's got dementia or some other sort of mental illness that is making him even worse.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday...0/08/day-1358/

Day 1358: "They knew what was happening and they didn't tell you."

Spoiler:

1/ [DEBATE RECAP] Pence repeatedly interrupted Sen. Kamala Harris, ignored the moderator, went over time, and refused to directly answer the questions asked during the vice presidential debate. “Mr. Vice President, I’m speaking … I’m speaking,” Harris repeatedly had to say when Pence interrupted her. And, about an hour into the debate, moderator Susan Page noted that Pence had spoken more than Harris while trying to stop Pence from taking more time than allotted. Harris, meanwhile, called the Trump administration’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic “the greatest failure of any presidential administration in the history of our country,” saying “this administration has forfeited their right to reelection” due to its “ineptitude” and “incompetence.” Harris added “they knew what was happening and they didn’t tell you.” A fly also landed in Pence’s hair for two minutes. Other than that, the debate was more civil and substantive than last week’s failure, which was driven by Trump’s constant interruptions. (CNN / Bloomberg / NBC News / Politico / ABC News / New York Times / The Guardian)
    2/ Trump refused to participate in the next presidential debate after the bipartisan Commission on Presidential Debates announced that it would be held virtually due to coronavirus concerns. The decision was made “in order to protect the health and safety of all involved,” the commission said in a statement. While Biden’s campaign agreed to the new format, Trump tweeted: “I’m not going to waste my time on a virtual debate. It’s not what debating is all about. It’s ridiculous.” Hours later, Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien proposed pushing the October 15 debate back a week and then move the third debate to October 29 – days before the November 3 election. Biden’s campaign, however, rejected the proposal, saying: “Trump chose today to pull out of the October 15th debate” and his “erratic behavior does not allow him to rewrite the calendar, and pick new dates of his choosing.” Biden will instead participate in a town hall moderated by ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos in Philadelphia on Oct. 15, taking questions directly from voters. According to Stepien, Trump will “pass on this sad excuse to bail out Joe Biden and do a rally instead.” Candidates are not required to participate in presidential debates. (CNN / Axios / CNBC / ABC News / New York Times / Politico / NBC News / Bloomberg / Washington Post)
    3/ The coronavirus outbreak has infected “34 White House staffers and other contacts,” according to an internal FEMA memo. D.C. Health Director LaQuandra Nesbitt and health officers from nine counties and cities across the Washington region are asking anyone who worked in the White House in the past two weeks to get tested. (ABC News / Washington Post)
    • 😷 Dept. of “We Have It Totally Under Control.”

• Global: Total confirmed cases: ~36,359,000; deaths: ~1,059,000
    • U.S.: Total confirmed cases: ~7,592,000; deaths: ~213,000
    • Source: Johns Hopkins University
    • 💻 COVID-19 Live Blogs: New York Times / Washington Post / CNN / CNBC / The Guardian
    • The assistant commandant of the Marine Corps tested positive for the coronavirus. Gen. Gary Thomas is the second senior uniformed official to announce a COVID-19 diagnosis this week. (Washington Post)
    • Mitch McConnell hasn’t visited the White House since August because “their approach” to the coronavirus pandemic “is different than mine.” (NBC News)
    • White House chief of staff Mark Meadows hosted an Atlanta wedding for his daughter in May, despite statewide and city orders banning gatherings of more than 10 people to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Roughly 70 guests attended the May 31 wedding. (Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
    4/ Trump suggested that he might have contracted COVID-19 from Gold Star family members despite the veterans’ group involved in organizing the event confirming all attendees tested negative before the ceremony and all are “doing well and exhibit no symptoms of COVID-19.” The Sept. 27 event was held indoors at the White House – one day after a Supreme Court event in the Rose Garden, where multiple attendees have subsequently tested positive. It is not publicy known where Trump contracted COVID-19 because the White House has refused to provide a timeline of Trump’s coronavirus tests in the days leading up to his diagnosis. Nevertheless, Trump said that he “figured there would be a chance” he would become infected with the coronavirus, because Gold Star family members “come within an inch of my face, sometimes. They want to hug me, and they want to kiss me. And they do.” (Politico / NBC News / CNN)
    5/ Trump spent an hour downplaying his COVID-19 infection, attacking Kamala Harris, accusing political opponents of conspiring against him, and demanding that Attorney General William Barr indict Biden, Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton for unspecified crimes. In the interview with the Fox Business – his first since testing positive for the coronavirus – Trump claimed that “I‘m back because I’m a perfect physical specimen, and I’m extremely young,” adding “Remember this: When you catch it you get better, and then you’re immune.” Trump also called Harris, the first woman of color on a major party ticket, a “monster.” (Politico / NBC News / CNN / Vox)
    • The experimental antibody cocktail that Trump received as part of his COVID-19 treatment relied on human fetal tissue his administration opposes. In June 2019, the Trump administration suspended federal funding for most new scientific research involving fetal tissue derived from abortions. Trump has praised Regeneron’s treatment as “miracles coming down from God,” calling it a “cure” for COVID-19 and promising to provide it free to any patient who needed it. (Washington Post / New York Times)
    6/ Trump required personnel at Walter Reed Medical Center to sign nondisclosure agreements in Nov. 2019 before they could be involved in his treatment. At least two doctors refused to sign nondisclosure agreements during Trump’s Nov. 16 visit and were not permitted to be involved in his care. Trump required signed NDAs from both physicians and non-medical staff, most of whom are active-duty military service members. The reason for Trump’s visit last year is still unknown. Existing legal protections under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act automatically prohibited anyone providing medical services from disclosing a patient’s health information without consent. It is unknown whether any Walter Reed personnel were asked to sign nondisclosure agreements during Trump’s recent treatment of COVID-19. (NBC News / Washington Post / CNN)
    • 📌 Day 1033: Trump made an unscheduled visit to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center to “begin portions of his routine annual physical exam” that included a “quick exam and labs,” according to the White House.
    • 📌 Day 1219: Trump hasn’t completed his annual 2020 physical after claiming six months ago that he had started the process. The White House declined to explain why.
    • 📌 Day 1321 Trump denied that his unscheduled visit to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center last November was because he had “suffered a series of mini-strokes.” No media outlets have reported that Trump had a series of mini-strokes. Trump, however, tweeted that it “Never happened to THIS candidate – FAKE NEWS.” Hours later, Trump’s physician issued an official statement saying Trump has not had a stroke, mini-stroke or heart-related emergencies. (@realDonaldTrump / The Guardian / CNBC / Washington Post)

✏️ Notables.

1. Federal prosecutors charged a top GOP fundraiser for conspiring to act as a foreign agent. The charging document says Elliott Broidy, a former top fundraiser for Trump, agreed to lobby the Trump administration and the Justice Department to drop or favorably resolve the investigation of a foreign national for his role in the embezzlement of billions of dollars from the Malaysia state development fund. (Washington Post / New York Times / CNBC)
    2. Facebook permanently banned a U.S. marketing firm working on behalf of pro-Trump student organization Turning Point USA and Inclusive Conservation Group. The groups used fake personas to comment on news stories to praise Trump and criticize Biden. Experts described the operation as a domestic “troll farm.” (Axios / Washington Post / Wall Street Journal)
    3. Federal and state officials in Michigan arrested and charged 13 men in connection with a failed plan to kidnap Governor Gretchen Whitmer. That group repeatedly met throughout the summer for firearms training and combat drills. They attempted to build explosives, surveilled Whitmer’s vacation home, and had indicated that they wanted to take her hostage before the election in November. In April, thousands of people gathered at the State Capitol to protest Whitmer’s executive orders to shut down most of the state to stop the spread of the coronavirus. Trump encouraged the protests, tweeting, “LIBERATE MICHIGAN!” The FBI-led probe began in March and focused on militia groups’ discussing the “violent overthrow” of government and law enforcement officials. (NBC News / New York Times / The Detroit News)

I don't have a source on-hand right this second, but if anyone sees anything about Pence having COVID, I've heard that a news network accidentally released one of those "pre-written obituary" type articles about Pence having caught it. So take any claims he does with a grain of salt unless it's picked up on a wider scope.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    We've only had one President born after 1946.
    The.... What!!??

That really put things into perspective.

So Trump, in his typical temperament has decided to comment on the militia supporting him planned to kidnap the Governor of Michigan.

He's attacking the Governor by saying how bad she's doing at her job, how the State needs to open everything up now from lockdown, and how she's ungrateful "his" justice department stopped the terrorists. Then attacked "left wing violence". Triggered by Trump thinking she called him a white supremacists, when what she said was that he refused to condemn white supremacists. Which he has. And attacking her after this really doesn't help his case.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

There's well documented info from the FBI that the main terrorist threat inside US is right wing groups, but no it's the dangerous left with their free healthcare and equal treatment to everybody that are the true criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    So Trump, in his typical temperament has decided to comment on the militia supporting him planned to kidnap the Governor of Michigan.

He's attacking the Governor by saying how bad she's doing at her job, how the State needs to open everything up now from lockdown, and how she's ungrateful "his" justice department stopped the terrorists. Then attacked "left wing violence". Triggered by Trump thinking she called him a white supremacists, when what she said was that he refused to condemn white supremacists. Which he has. And attacking her after this really doesn't help his case.
    Guess this isn’t a good time to point out that Bill Barr apparently went on the record saying he knew nothing about the plot despite the fact that as the head of the DOJ he would have been among the first people to know about it.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

So I've seen a clip of Trump failing to answer questions from Sean Hannity (while coughing and sneezing), and he's going to host a "virtual rally" on Rush Limbaugh's shows this Friday.

I'm sorry if this is a jinx, but I think this man is over and it's going to be recorded when he finally collapses.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    The.... What!!??

That really put things into perspective.
    Presidents from the 70's would need to be in there 30's so that is not very surprising. I don't think US have the worse case considering the age of their rulers compare to others countries

Why did they make it age 36 to be president? I swear back in the 18th century, people died early on like 40s/50s maybe live to 60s? So, why make this decision? I think it should be lowered at least to 25, that's the age when the brain is fully developed and a person can make the most rational decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    Age gives you experience, but not necessarily wisdom.
    Yeah. I have a lot of experience, though I did gain wisdom over time, but I'm still learning, and I will never stop learning. That's what some people tend to forget when they get older, they stop trying to learn and grow. I'm trying not to end up like that when I'm older, I wanna keep educating myself and grow stronger with goals, you know?

And Trump actually did graduate from University of Pennsylvania (how his grades were are unknown). And if you look back at, say, the 90s, he was a lot more on top of it. Always been an idiot, but there is little doubt in my mind that he's got dementia or some other sort of mental illness that is making him even worse.
    Interesting, I don't know much about his history. Yeah, he probably does have some kind of mental illness... I wonder when it started for him.... I think it's probably gotten worse to be honest, with how he debated Hillary versus Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by Md-Martin View Post
    the militia supporting him planned to kidnap the Governor of Michigan.
    Oki, I just heard of this, and then saw it on allsides. Like what the hell, that's just fucked up x.x Hope she's safe from those crazy people ><

Source?
    Just check the news. There's stories about Pelosi having a 25th amendment talk tomorrow, and stories abotu Pence cancelling all his events and flying back.

Well, honestly I don't trust Biden either, but I'm not gonna stop taking a vaccine because I don't trust him. Honestly, at this point if Dr. Fauci, head of the CDC says not to take the vaccine from Trump, then I won't take it.

That's what Fauci has been saying, so..

Just because Trump made mistakes in the past, doesn't mean he would be wrong every time.
    Trump has lied more than 20,000 times on record, and has consistently downplayed literally everything about Covid, and has already claimed half a dozen cures without any medical evidence behind it. His medical team are yes men that will say whatever he wants and aren't real doctors. (Just look at how much they've covered up his current medical condition, refusing to reveal x-ray results or how high his fever was, etc. ) . He will say literally ANYTHING to get approval numbers up.

ALL the medical science, ALL OF IT, universally agreed on, says the *earliest* we can expect a vaccine, and have it properly tested, is mid 2021, and that's best case possible scenario. And even if we get that, its still going to take most of another year to get a proper number of doses ready, not to mention we have a shortage of the glass vials needed.

Best case scenario we have something ready to deploy to emergency cases by middle of next year, but there won't be anything ready for wide deployment for some time after that.

Anything that is promised to be ready in November or December of this year is a hoax and has NOT been properly tested.

When real doctors say something is ready, and its been certified by other countries and NOIT this current administration, we'll be in buisness.
    Last edited by Robby; October 8th, 2020 at 11:23 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Just check the news. There's stories about Pelosi having a 25th amendment talk tomorrow, and stories abotu Pence cancelling all his events and flying back.
    Ah.... well it isn't on allsides.com yet, that's the only site I *really* try to use for news. As I want to know what bias it has left, central, or right. It probably come up later on there if it's extremely important.

That's what Fauci has been saying, so..
    Um.... Fauci is saying one be out in November or December....

Here's a quote:
    He mentioned that in the United States there are currently five vaccine candidates in phase three advanced trials involving tens of thousands of people. While he is currently unable to say which candidate is best, Fauci suggested that a vaccine would be ready by November or December of this year.
    Source: https://cornellsun.com/2020/10/08/dr...ecoming-event/

Sooooo I'm trusting Dr. Fauci on this, and I will be taking the vaccine, unless he says underwise. Also the article is quite recent too, 8 October 2020.

Trump has lied more than 20,000 times on record, and has consistently downplayed literally everything about Covid, and has already claimed half a dozen cures without any medical evidence behind it. His medical team are yes men that will say whatever he wants and aren't real doctors. (Just look at how much they've covered up his current medical condition, refusing to reveal x-ray results or how high his fever was, etc. ) . He will say literally ANYTHING to get approval numbers up.
    Why do we need to know about his health? Who cares if they are refusing to reveal Trump's health is? And where is the proof that the men you say are not real doctors besides your analysis of the situation?

And yeah so what he lied? All politicians even Biden. Might as well not trust any politician because of all the lies they make. Plus, if we get an *actual* vaccine and Trump announced it, we would see it physically in the news with people getting it as proof that he was telling the truth.

ALL the medical science, ALL OF IT, universally agreed on, says the *earliest* we can expect a vaccine, and have it properly tested, is mid 2021, and that's best case possible scenario. And even if we get that, its still going to take most of another year to get a proper number of doses ready, not to mention we have a shortage of the glass vials needed.
    Well, that seems so. But if one is released early in the United States, there probably be some risk involved since it's not fully tested, but it seems Russia and China both started to pull out their own vaccines even earlier. There are not fully tested, in the phase III trial, but there seems to be hope for them.

Anything that is promised to be ready in November or December of this year is a hoax and has NOT been properly tested.

When real doctors say something is ready, and its been certified by other countries and NOIT this current administration, we'll be in buisness.
    Well it's not really a hoax... as Russia and China both rolled out vaccines recently. Also, Dr. Fauci said one be out in November or December, and he's the head of the CDC and I trust his word. So, is he a liar now and making a hoax? >.>

Sources about Russian and Chinese vaccine:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN26R2YZ
    https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-02807-2
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...8a5_story.html

You are of course right, Trump is not perfect and some of his decisions are extremely difficult to understand and accept. But we don't know what exactly is the situation in the world with Covid. I don't think that in the whole world there is maximum coverage for testing and real statistics are provided. We complain that we have chaos, but when I read the news on Eastern Europe, my hair stands on end. In Russia and Belarus, there are two senile people who have seized power and are holding elections for the sake of appearance. In Ukraine, they chose a clown of some kind. I don't know if there is an ideal president somewhere who will be enough for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay_B View Post
    You are of course right, Trump is not perfect and some of his decisions are extremely difficult to understand and accept. But we don't know what exactly is the situation in the world with Covid. I don't think that in the whole world there is maximum coverage for testing and real statistics are provided. We complain that we have chaos, but when I read the news on Eastern Europe, my hair stands on end. In Russia and Belarus, there are two senile people who have seized power and are holding elections for the sake of appearance. In Ukraine, they chose a clown of some kind. I don't know if there is an ideal president somewhere who will be enough for the people.
    Yeah... honestly I thought Obama was a great leader, but he probably had his flaws too. I really did not pay attention much to what he done besides him making the ACA and improving healthcare. I know he was a good speaker and was very motivating to say the least.

Honestly, I think any president/prime minster/etc. will be imperfect because of humans logically making mistakes, lying, etc. It sucks, but guess we just have to accept it and try to see the good in all the bad to survive in this world. That's what I try to do honestly. I think there's a little good in every human.

Ah.... well it isn't on allsides.com yet, that's the only site I *really* try to use for news. As I want to know what bias it has left, central, or right. It probably come up later on there if it's extremely important.

Um.... Fauci is saying one be out in November or December....

Here's a quote:

Source: https://cornellsun.com/2020/10/08/dr...ecoming-event/

Sooooo I'm trusting Dr. Fauci on this, and I will be taking the vaccine, unless he says underwise. Also the article is quite recent too, 8 October 2020.
    Fauci's lied to the public multiple times so I don't really feel safe trusting him.
    Unfortunately we're operating mostly in the dark, with the CDC, WHO, COVID task force, mainstream media, and of course most of the stuff you see on social media having proven themselves untrustworthy.

I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Far as trusting Trump re: anything in general but a vaccine in particular, let me remind you of this story from just last week:

Trump is the “single largest driver of misinformation” about COVID-19, according to a study by Cornell University that analyzed 38 million worldwide articles about the pandemic. Researchers found that nearly 38% of the “misinformation conversation” began with Trump driving ”spikes” about “miracle cures” for COVID-19, such as the use of disinfectants, ultraviolet light, or unproven treatments like hydroxychloroquine.*

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...trump-n1241707
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

You are trying to hire someone for a multi years job, and changing them in the middle is difficult and costly for the safety of the project and the people involved. That person is currently sick, and doesn’t want to give you details. The job is very stressful and the disease is known to leave a lot of side effects. On that job depends the safety of millions of lives, and will have an impact to the future of everyone involved for many years to come.

And I’m not talking about trump, but about my favorite dictator who died 3 months after getting “elected” again, and then he had 0 public appareances or addresses until his “death” in March.

Politicians have lost their entitlement to privacy, with the amount of power, money and lives that they handle, Their medical status is the concern of everyone.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

And yeah so what he lied? All politicians even Biden.
    Not to the extent that Trump does.

Here's Biden's scorecard on truthful statements

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/joe-biden/

Here's Obama's

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/barack-obama/

Here's Trump's

https://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Closed Thread

Thread Information