Closed Thread
Page 218 of 321 FirstFirst ... 118 168 208 216 217 218 219 220 228 268 318 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 6405

Thread: American Politics: So long Trump!

21st Century Schizoid Man Johnny B. Decent's Avatar

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Pence will also go after gays and trans people with purpose, rather than the meandering evil trumpy has. He's honestly not preferable for that reason alone in my book.
    He is indeed, anti-LBGT, but he also has the personality and charisma of a corpse.

"Best" part of KA Conway getting Covid is that is was announced by her daughter on tick tok of all things.

She posted about how her mother got it and didn't tell her she tested positive after a full day of her knowing and interacting with her, and now she's upset she'll have to spend her birthday quarantining.

I feel bad for her having two shit parents, but I love how through all the mess she's been just blatantly posting about how terrible they are for months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    A magical strange Twilight Zone episode where no other education is offered, and the only option is Bill Nye the Science Guy videos

This all happened because they were rushing to confirm a new Supreme Court Justice to take away Americans' healthcare. Rubbing shoulders, maskless in a superspreader event, yukking it up to fill in a seat before RBG's body even got cold.

RBG's death might have single-handedly destroyed the administration and it all comes down to the vileness of these people.

The irony is just *chef's kiss*

Trump is having "some trouble breathing".

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Hm...what if it actually wasn't a democrat hoax this entire time? Weird...
    Gonna give ya the D.!

"A serious situation."
    Well damn. Next few days will be very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post
    The guy who replaced Parscale, that other campaign manager who beat his wife and threatened suicide.
    Whose is accused of stealing 40 million dollars

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    This all happened because they were rushing to confirm a new Supreme Court Justice to take away Americans' healthcare. Rubbing shoulders, maskless in a superspreader event, yukking it up to fill in a seat before RBG's body even got cold.

RBG's death might have single-handedly destroyed the administration and it all comes down to the vileness of these people.

The irony is just *chef's kiss*
    Well let me pull a Gordon Ramsey and shout look! look!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...nee/index.html
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; October 3rd, 2020 at 07:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Discovered Stowaway Lord Gaimon's Avatar

Biden is apparently pulling all negative trump ads because of his diagnosis. Does he even want to win?
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Biden is apparently pulling all negative trump ads because of his diagnosis. Does he even want to win?
    It could be worse.
    Kaitlan Collins from CNN wants him to suspend his campaign.

I think removing the negative ads isn't the worst strategy, because it allows the fact that he put himself and millions of Americans in the hospital out of sheer stupidity to overpower all other news and likely remain the dominant story through November 3rd.

It could be worse.

I think removing the negative ads isn't the worst strategy, because it allows the story that he put himself and millions of Americans in the hospital out of sheer stupidity to overpower all other campaign news.
    When the animal is wounded and limping away, the hunter that stays his hand in that moment is the hunter that goes home hungry. Now is not the time for courtesy, now is the time to twist the knife and put the beast down. No more highroad. No more decorum. That is how we lose.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

That might be a good move.
    It could be worse.

I think removing the negative ads isn't the worst strategy, because it allows the fact that he put himself and millions of Americans in the hospital out of sheer stupidity to overpower all other news and likely remain the dominant story through November 3rd.
    Suspending the campaign, on the other hand, would be just dumb.

So according to the doctors, he's getting better. He'll be back out in no time and this time he'll be out with a boost, "I beat the China virus! See, I told you it was fake news! Not anything worse than the flu! You all don't have to worry about a thing!"

I'm not trusting anything put out about his health until Trump actually makes a public appearance again. We already know the White House has lied to us before about Trump's health, I see no reason to suddenly take their word for it now.

Anyways, Biden pulling negative ads is the right move. So much of his campaign is based on a return to decency that kicking a man while he's literally down is the wrong move for that image. He'd look like a real shitheel if Trump were to somehow actually die from this, in a way that could give Pence decisive pity votes. In the meantime, I hope his ads pivot to painting the whole Republican Party negatively instead of focusing on Trump.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

I'm not surprised by this. Since this is Fox News.

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/fox-n...024414886.html

The doctor seemed to not be willing to lie outright but I'm not willing to completely trust him.

Assume he didn't lie, there are two takeaways from his meeting with the press:
    1.) Trump was on oxygen yesterday.
    2.) Trump knew he was infected before the debate and went anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwok View Post
    In the meantime, I hope his ads pivot to painting the whole Republican Party negatively instead of focusing on Trump.
    I would welcome that as well. The GOP's obvious move after Trump loses is to distance itself from him and claim that they were all just forced to go along with his ideas. Which is clearly nothing but falsehoods but what else is new?
    Just something fun I made during the latest Survivor playing as Monji:
    Spoiler:

Trump's doctors have given up the lie. He was diagnosed Wednesday morning. All that playing around of "we don't know yet" and "Maybe Hope Hicks gave it to me" on Friday was just to skirt around the issue that he did a huge event afterward without telling anyone. They wanted to hide it until they couldn't. He still WENT TO AN EVENT and interacted with hundreds of people! And he KNEW.

They also didn't tell Biden despite him having spent two hours next to him the night before. Biden didn't know till the media did.

You can also conspiracy theory that they knew as early as Tuesday before the debate, and that's why Melania and only Melania wore a mask and they arrived too late to be tested. Given that the super spreader event was on Saturday, and Trump's symptoms now are of having had it for a week.

But at the very least the "we don't know yet" stuff on Friday was all nonsense, because of course it was. .

Dude, it's in EXTREMELY poor taste to run negative ads against someone that might be dying.

Yeah we all hate Trump and he deserves whatever he gets, but *Biden* running attack ads right now against Trump specifically would only get backlash, and it wouldn't win any support.

Trump's condition is its own negative campaign. Every time the media says "He's in the hospital with covid" everyone already thinks "He spent the alst year saying it was nothing." You don't need an attack ad to fill in that gap, the news itself is doing a better job than any ad could..
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Given that the super spreader event was on Saturday, and Trump's symptoms now are of having had it for a week.
    I'm still not comfortable saying that was definitely the event, since he could just as easily be two weeks in.
    He's constantly on flights to and from Florida, arguably the most dangerous place in the country right now.

For all we know he was the one who infected everyone else at the Rose Garden party.

Coddling trumpy now is a mistake. After he comes out of this raving about how he beat the china virus and it really isn't a big deal, the only thing biden will have is a missed opportunity to land a potentially killing stroke. Why does everyone suddenly care about having respect and decency for a man that would never have a shred of either for any of us? The high road is a nice view, but it won't take you where you need to go.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Closed Thread

Thread Information