Closed Thread
Page 154 of 321 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 204 254 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,080 of 6405

Thread: American Politics: So long Trump!

  1. #3061

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Oh god no stop. I was joking. Are we going to have another 20 page steak discussion now? What have I unleashed?

  2. #3062

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    My only question is how can a group with this name be antisemitic?
    They believe that all the white Jews are frauds who stole their land and legacy.

  3. #3063

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered the 2016 hacking of Democratic Party accounts and the release of emails intended to harm Hillary Clinton’s campaign, the Senate Intelligence Committee concluded in the final report of its Russia probe, which also found that President Donald Trump didn’t collude with Moscow.

    “Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered the Russian effort to hack computer networks and accounts affiliated with the Democratic Party and leak information damaging to Hillary Clinton and her campaign for president,” the bipartisan panel wrote in the report, which was released Tuesday. “Moscow’s intent was to harm the Clinton Campaign, tarnish an expected Clinton presidential administration, help the Trump Campaign after Trump became the presumptive Republican nominee, and undermine the U.S. democratic process.”

    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ate-panel-says

  4. #3064

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Mueller was probably in on the coverup and never had the intention of proving very obvious collusion. Faith in GOP Daddies never pans out.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Also the pee tape is real.

  5. #3065

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    I'm certainly gonna regret that...but what pee tape?

  6. #3066

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    I'm certainly gonna regret that...but what pee tape?
    It's certainly not a tape of a current president peeing on Russian prostitutes

  7. #3067

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    I'm certainly gonna regret that...but what pee tape?
    Trump paid prostitutes to pee on a bed Obama had previously slept in.

  8. #3068

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Well both fall under what I was expecting.

  9. #3069

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Trump paid prostitutes to pee on a bed Obama had previously slept in.
    I had no idea of the specifics and always assumed it was about the prostitutes peeing on Trump.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

  10. #3070

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Honestly if it was just some women peeing on a bed it is hardly worth mentioning. If it isn't R Kelly style the face is in the picture peeing it has no shock value

  11. #3071
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Mueller was probably in on the coverup and never had the intention of proving very obvious collusion. Faith in GOP Daddies never pans out.
    I don't know how true that is. Everything I've heard about Mueller was that he took the job seriously, making it unlikely he was in on any coverups. The very Republicans who picked him for the role were actively trying to discredit him if I remember correctly. The most partisan thing he could've been part of was his refusal to indict Trump, and his stated reasons for doing so (such was the job of impeachment/ congress) weren't wrong, just unlikely to happen when the GOP had half of Congress.

    If you want to say Mueller was in on anything, I'm going to have to say Citation Needed.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  12. #3072

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    He found no proof of collusion, when the Senate report shows there clearly was.

    "But Barr prematurely ended the investigation!"

    Mueller stated under oath that his investigation came to a natural end. In fact, he was annoyed that the Dems dragged him to the House to testify.

    So either Mueller's a typical GOPer who succesfully protected Trump from harm or he's just very incompetent.

  13. #3073

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    Are you suggesting someone standing still not saying a word or lifting a finger in front of someone distressing him is an awful thing to do?
    lol someone doesn't interact with obnoxious kids much I see

  14. #3074
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Trump being the petty bitch that he is, joined TikTok's rival app Triller. He immediately got trolled because he joined period and because he claimed to be "a professional at technology".
    https://www.comicsands.com/trump-tri...AUBhhC9VihpDo8

    Now of course lots of conservatives have left TikTok to join Triller instead, but hey if I used TikTok I wouldn't want them there anyway. But what's sad is that the Triller founders are all happy and promoting it.

  15. #3075
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    He found no proof of collusion, when the Senate report shows there clearly was.

    "But Barr prematurely ended the investigation!"

    Mueller stated under oath that his investigation came to a natural end. In fact, he was annoyed that the Dems dragged him to the House to testify.

    So either Mueller's a typical GOPer who succesfully protected Trump from harm or he's just very incompetent.
    Mueller explicitly didn’t exonerate Trump of wrongdoing and if this summary from the American Constitution Society is accurate "The investigation 'identified numerous links between the Russian government and the Trump Campaign' and established that the Trump Campaign 'showed interest in WikiLeaks's releases of documents and welcomed their potential to damage candidate Clinton'". Also "The Report described multiple occasions where Trump associates lied to investigators about Trump associate contacts with Russia. Trump associates George Papadopoulos, Rick Gates, Michael Flynn, and Michael Cohen all admitted that they made false statements to federal investigators or to Congress about their contacts. In addition, Roger Stone faces trial this fall for obstruction of justice, five counts of making false statements, and one count of witness tampering." and "The Report raised questions about why Trump associates and then-candidate Trump repeatedly asserted Trump had no connections to Russia."

    While I concede I'm skimming more than I should due to posting during my lunch break, or still seems there's evidence of collusion there. If Mueller specifically said there wasn't, maybe I didn't find it due to lack of time, but it seems to me that he identified several links between Trump’s campaign and Russia.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  16. #3076

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    So either Mueller's a typical GOPer who succesfully protected Trump from harm or he's just very incompetent.

    Or the 3rd the GOP having learned nothing from Nixon, Reagan, & George W Bush wanted to actively protect and enable a guy that clearly broke the law and committed various offenses. Because they couldn't let their puppet walk around with his strings cut, eventhough said puppet's actions and rhetoric may have cost them a lot of stuff down the line.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; August 18th, 2020 at 11:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  17. #3077

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    Are you suggesting someone standing still not saying a word or lifting a finger in front of someone distressing him is an awful thing to do?
    That... is not what those students did. That is the isolated clip conservative media used to pretend that was that case.

    I ask this sincerely, please point to me said evidence of Sandmann acting awful in front of Nathan Philips and deserving of your accusations so that i may see what your point stands on.
    The entire video used to be available. Track it down if you can. That was well over a year ago, I'm not going to hunt it down again myself. But those kids *were* assholes.

    Conservative groups just got upset that they were *rightly* called out and spun it very well afterward. "See? They were innocent! How dare you jump to conclusions!"

    The clip they chose was convincing, so media apologized, the world moved on... even though the media had it right the first time... they weren't going to correct *that* story twice.

    Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    That's literally not what happened though.
    Phillips approached Sandmann, not the other way around.
    There was a longer video.

    There are multiple sides, yes.

    But the kids were NOT innocent angels painted badly by the media.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    He found no proof of collusion, when the Senate report shows there clearly was.

    "But Barr prematurely ended the investigation!"

    Mueller stated under oath that his investigation came to a natural end. In fact, he was annoyed that the Dems dragged him to the House to testify.

    So either Mueller's a typical GOPer who succesfully protected Trump from harm or he's just very incompetent.
    He uh... found a lot of proof, actually.

    If you think he came up with nothing you just completely accepted the GOP's spin line and didn't actually look at the report yourself. (I haven't read it in full myself, but I did read summaries.)


    Mueller did his job extremely well. He had a VERY NARROW area he was allowed to investigate, and basically had to investigate a specific crime no one actually accused Trump of doing. He was looking into pre-planned conspiracy, rather than after the fact collaboration and acceptance of illegal aid. Which are the same thing to a civilian because we don't know the difference between conspiracy and collusion, but are wildly different legally. One is "He's a straight up Putin puppet under contract to do this" and the other is "he saw what Putin was doing and encouraged it after it had been started." Both super duper illegal and bad, but it was the first thing Mueller was tasked to look into specifically..

    Everything outside of that very narrow scope he put out to different departments and at least 20 investigations that are still ongoing. On page TEN of his report he noted that they'd been stymied in every way, and the office of the president was blocking the investigation, and they needed the power of congress to get past that.



    Mueller did his job, 100%. And the result he came up with was "we know he's a crook, we can certainly prove his son is a crook, we know exactly where the evidence is, here is 500 pages of evidence we do have, we've arrested everyone under him that isn't immediate family, but as the president we can't get to it because the witnesses won't cooperate and the legal strings will take years... because the president has pardoning power and specific legal powers to hide and destroy evidence, and an army of lawyers going all the way to the highest court."

    Mueller's big failing isn't incompetence or blind loyalty, it's actually that he believes too much in the system.

    * Instead of saying in a couple clear sentences, "we believe he is a crook, but he's hiding the evidence"
    * he instead said "If we thought he was proven innocent we would say so."
    * Which allowed Barr to spin it as "NOT GUILTY"

    Those three things are not the same but thats the process by which it was distorted. The report doesn't even remotely say "not guilty' or "no evidence."

    But Mueller provided a 500 page legal document and expected people to read it. And his statement has consistently been "It's all in the report." Because he doesn't want to say anything off the record and jeopardize the validity of that, keep in mind how regularly his investigation was attacked and called partisan and biased, despite being fully GOP appointed. So he's trying to keep opinion off the record, even when his opinion is "yeah he obviously did it."

    He's trying to be to the letter of the law. He's not going to say "Of course the president is a criminal" if he can't nail that 110%... there's more than enough evidence that if he was any lower in the food chain he'd be in jail a year ago. If he was secretary of state or attorney general he'd be in trouble, and certainly if he was just citizen Trump.

    But the presidency protects him. so instead Mueller's said "there is a great deal of evidence of criminal activity related to the president, congress should look further." With you know, the power to subpoena things and arrest people for not complying and get tax records.

    Mueller's attitude would be commendable at any other time for any other investigation, but not what we actually need right now in this specific circumstance.


    This is incidentally why the Ukraine thing was able to be impeached even though it was literally the exact same thing. That was summarized in a sentence. "He took a phone call in the office to try and get a foreign power to hurt his political opponent." People could wrap their heads around that.

    Nevermind that he's done that dozens of times and far worse, that was understandable in one sentence, only two people involved. Mueller's thing had dozens of participants and spanned years and multiple countries, its too BIG for people to grasp.
    Last edited by Robby; August 19th, 2020 at 02:54 AM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  18. #3078
    Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Middleton, ID

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Today's WTFJHT update:

    https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday...8/18/day-1307/

    Day 1307: "A grave counterintelligence threat."

    Spoiler:
    • 😷 Dept. of “We Have It Totally Under Control.”

    • Global: Total confirmed cases: ~21,975,000; deaths: ~777,000
    • U.S.: Total confirmed cases: ~5,470,000; deaths: ~172,000
    • Source: Johns Hopkins University
    • 🗳 How To Vote In The 2020 Election. A state-by-state guide to everything you need to know about mail-in and early in-person voting in the age of COVID-19, including the first day you can cast your ballot in the 2020 election. (FiveThirtyEight / NBC News)
    • 📺 Democratic Convention: Night One Moments That Mattered. “Democrats kicked off their virtual nominating convention Monday with a focused denunciation of President Trump, showcasing dozens of testimonials that culminated in lancing criticism from former first lady Michelle Obama, who cast Trump as incapable of meeting America’s needs and said Joe Biden would usher in racial justice and ease the coronavirus pandemic.” (New York Times / Washington Post / NBC News / Politico)

    1/ Postmaster General Louis DeJoy announced that he is temporarily “suspending” some controversial cost-cutting initiatives until after the election “to avoid even the appearance of any impact on election mail.” In his statement, DeJoy said “mail processing equipment and blue collection boxes will remain where they are” and that “overtime has, and will continue to be, approved as needed.” DeJoy did not address whether changes that have already been made (e.g. removed equipment or changes in operational practices) would be rolled back. DeJoy and USPS board of governors Chairman Robert Duncan is scheduled to testify on Friday at a Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee hearing, and again at the the House Oversight and Reform Committee on Monday. (Politico / Wall Street Journal / Washington Post / New York Times / NBC News / USA Today / CNBC)
    2/ At least 20 states plan to sue the U.S. Postal Service and Louis DeJoy, seeking to reverse operational changes made without first seeking approval from the Postal Regulatory Commission. The lawsuits, expected to be filed in federal court in Washington state and Pennsylvania, will also argue that the changes will impede states’ ability to run free and fair elections. (Washington Post / Reuters)
    • Five of the six members of the U.S. Postal Service’s board of governor are linked to GOP and Trump circles through various campaign, legal, and financial connections. The board of governors were responsible for selecting Louis DeJoy as postmaster general. (CNBC)
    3/ Paul Manafort’s interactions with Russian intelligence services during the 2016 presidential election posed a “grave counterintelligence threat,” according to a bipartisan Senate Intelligence Committee report on Russian interference, which detailed “counterintelligence threats and vulnerabilities.” The report found that the former Trump campaign chairman had “created opportunities for Russian intelligence services to exert influence over, and acquire confidential information on, the Trump Campaign” when he hired Russian national Konstantin Kilimnik, described for the first time as a “Russian intelligence officer,” to serve as a liaison between him and Russian oligarch Oleg Deripaska. The report also found that Trump and senior campaign officials tried to obtain advance information about WikiLeaks’ email dumps from Roger Stone, and that Trump spoke to Stone about WikiLeaks, despite telling Robert Mueller in written answers he had “no recollections” that they had spoken about it. The committee also found “significant evidence” to suggest that WikiLeaks was “knowingly collaborating with Russian government officials.” Overall, the report largely supports the key findings on Russian election interference made by Robert Mueller, including that Putin had ordered the 2016 hacking and release of Democratic Party emails intended to harm Hillary Clinton’s campaign, and found numerous contacts between Trump associates and Russians or people with ties to the Russian government, as well as efforts by Trump to take advantage of the leaks politically. The report, however, stops short of alleging a direct coordination effort despite Trump associates being eager to exploit the Kremlin’s aid. (Washington Post / New York Times / Wall Street Journal / NBC News / Politico / Bloomberg / Associated Press / Axios / CNN)
    • MORE FINDINGS:
    • Russia “took advantage” of members of the Trump transition team’s “relative inexperience in government, opposition to Obama administration policies, and Trump’s desire to deepen ties with Russia to pursue unofficial channels through which Russia could conduct diplomacy.”
    • Trump Jr. expected to receive “derogatory information” at the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting that would benefit the campaign. The meeting, however, “was part of a broader influence operation” from the Russian government, though there’s no evidence Trump campaign members knew of it. Two of the Russians who met with Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and Manafort had “significant connections” to the Russian government, including Russian intelligence, and Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya’s ties were “far more extensive and concerning than what had been publicly known.”
    • Michael Cohen “reached out to the Kremlin directly to solicit the Russian government’s assistance” about building a Trump Tower in Moscow.
    • [READ] Senate Intelligence Committee report on Russian Active Measures Campaigns and Interference in the 2016 U.S. Election.
    • Trump said he plans to seek a third term “because they spied on my campaign.” Trump’s often-repeated claim that the Obama administration illegally spied on his campaign has been refuted by Trump’s own FBI in a detailed report. Trump made the claim during a rally in Wisconsin last night. “We are going to win four more years,” he told the crowd. “And then after that, we’ll go for another four years because they spied on my campaign. We should get a redo of four years.” According to the 22nd Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, however, “No person shall be elected to the office of the President more than twice.” (Rolling Stone)
    • Roger Stone dropped his appeal of seven federal felony convictions for lying to Congress. In July, Trump commuted Stone’s sentence, sparing him from having to serve any prison time. (Politico / NBC News)
    4/ Trump retweeted Russian propaganda about Joe Biden that the U.S. intelligence community says it part of Moscow’s ongoing effort to “denigrate” Biden ahead of the election. The tweet contained audiotapes of a 2016 conversation between Biden and then-Ukrainian President Petro Poroshenko. The material was released earlier this year by Andriy Derkach, a Ukrainian lawmaker named by the US intelligence community in its August 7 statement about Russia’s disinformation campaign against Biden. There is no proof of wrongdoing on the tapes, but Trump and his allies, along with Kremlin-controlled media outlets, have used the tapes to stoke conspiracies about Biden’s dealings with Ukraine. (CNN)
    poll/ 49% of registered voters said they would vote for Biden, while 38% said they would vote for Trump. Among likely voters, Biden is ahead 50% to 41%. (Yahoo News)
    poll/ 44% of Americans say they would get a government-approved coronavirus vaccine if one becomes widely available, with 22% saying they wouldn’t, and 32% saying they aren’t sure. (NBC News)

    ✏️ Notables.

    1. Trump pardoned Susan B. Anthony to commemorated the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment giving women the right to vote. The women’s suffragist was arrested after voting illegally in 1872 and fined $100. During the same event, Trump, disparaged the country’s most admired woman, Michelle Obama, as “over her head” after her Democratic National Convention speech criticizing him. “He has had more than enough time to prove that he can do the job, but he is clearly in over his head,” Obama said in her 19-minute taped remarks. “He cannot meet this moment. He simply cannot be who we need him to be for us,” she said, before invoking Trump’s response when asked about lives lost from coronavirus in the country: “It is what it is.” (CNN / New York Times / Associated Press)
    2. A federal judge blocked the Trump administration’s rollback of anti-discrimination protections for transgender patients, citing a recent Supreme Court decision awarding workplace discrimination protections to LGBTQ employees. (Politico)
    3. In 2019, Trump wanted to cut off emergency relief funding to California during a series of wildfires because it was a blue state, according to Miles Taylor, former chief of staff to former Secretary of Homeland Security Kirstjen Nielsen. Taylor alleges that Trump asked for funding to be pulled from FEMA during the wildfires, which caused millions of dollars in damage in California, because “he was so rageful that people in the state of California didn’t support him.” Taylor also claims that Trump tried to reinstate the practice of separating children from their families at the border in order to scare immigrants, and that Trump became “visibly furious” when Nielsen refused to do so. (Politico)
    4. New Zealand’s prime minister called Trump’s claim that New Zealand has had a “big surge” in coronavirus cases “patently wrong.” New Zealand recorded nine COVID-19 cases this week after going months without any. The United States, meanwhile, has seen at least 167,000 die and has recently averaged around 50,000 new cases each day. (Washington Post / NPR)
    5. The Trump campaign started selling face masks and is telling Trump’s supporters that he “urges all patriotic Americans to wear a face cover when they are unable to socially distance.” Trump initially refused to wear a face mask and called them a “double-edged sword.” He also mocked Biden for wearing one in public in May. Mask use among Trump’s base increased after Trump started wearing one. (Axios)
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

  19. #3079

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Postmaster General Louis DeJoy announced that he is temporarily “suspending” some controversial cost-cutting initiatives until after the election “to avoid even the appearance of any impact on election mail.” In his statement, DeJoy said “mail processing equipment and blue collection boxes will remain where they are” and that “overtime has, and will continue to be, approved as needed.” DeJoy did not address whether changes that have already been made (e.g. removed equipment or changes in operational practices) would be rolled back.
    Some of the changes CAN'T be undone. Like the sorting machine in San Antonio (the best one in the state!) was DESTROYED after it was removed, so it can't be put back.

    It's also hard to avoid "the appearance of tampering with the election" when Trump already said out loud that's what he was doing.

    They don't have to do any further damage, they've already hurt the ability to sort mail expediently, and many of those lesser changes that were already implemented are staying in place. Mostly he's only saying this because Trump had to blab and make it obvious what he was doing, because that guy can not keep a secret.

    And also because 20 states are suing him. He issued the announcement like 10 minutes later.

    The states are still suing him anyway.
    Last edited by Robby; August 19th, 2020 at 07:51 PM.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

    Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

  20. #3080

    Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

    Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Well done. Also known as actually cooked
    Uhmm.. Wisconsin, I see. That alone explains it.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts