Closed Thread
Page 149 of 321 FirstFirst ... 49 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 159 199 249 ... LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,980 of 6405

Thread: American Politics: So long Trump!

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

Quote Originally Posted by Louis-1988 View Post
    The act of me voting or not voting doesnít directly or indirectly risk myself or my peers their health/lives. Terrible analogy.
    Well if you consider not voting against a President and regime who have been completely complicit in the deaths of over 160,000 Americans not risking the lives of others. Or a President who has done nothing to slow or stop over 5,000,000 confirmed cases, any one of those people who could then infect you, your family, or peers.

But by all means don't use your right to vote for Biden who said he would support a 3-month-long nationwide outdoor mask mandate to fight the virus and save lives.

I don't like the government compelling me to do things. The less they are involved in my daily life, the better. The only time I need them telling me what to do is when it's a matter of public health/safety.
    Who is put in the positions of authority inside the gov't structure is a PUBLIC SAFETY issue. They are the legislation and approval bodies of the establish social contract of a society, if you let whomever gets the job because the mean gov't says every two years a gotta pick a candidate between a turd sandwich and douchebag for an official position, well surprise they will get the position instead of a person that would be more qualified of who would push for legislation regarding the betterment of society.
    You can see how swell putting Bush Jr. on office, a war of false premise and TRILLION dollar fiasco in a country that will eventually fall back under the hands of fundamentalist groups that stared and acquired skills on CIA's money and weapons to fight the Soviets.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

A phrase that's always struck me as significant is 'The only vote wasted is the one never cast."

The source might not be widely respected (Former wrestler and Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura) but it's still a sound sentiment.

Honestly, if you have the ability to do so, then I see no good reason not to vote.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Discovered Stowaway Dorobō Neko's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I donít think anyone sees Biden as a saviour (except maybe Dorobo).
    Yeah I don't view him as that. He has good potential to do as many good things if not more than even FDR as long as the Dems take the senate. But even that can't save everyone, what will help is what Biden actually is. A bridge to more progressive younger folks who can take over and keep progress going on. The likes of Harris, Booker and Mayor Pete. Those types that bring his brand along with Obama's that could actually help in the future.

So Donald's brother, Robert Trump, died. He had been in the hospital since June but they only ever said he was sick and had an illness.

Gee I wonder if he had you know what?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

You wonder. If they don't tell us what he died of then there's a very good chance it was COVID-19. Or some other very embarrassing illness.

Wrong trump, but thanks anyway rona.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

I'm guessing Donnie getting Robert to leave the ICU a few weeks ago to file a lawsuit against their niece to block a tell-all book didn't do him any favors; especially since the suit failed.
    Complicating things since 2009.

I'm guessing Donnie getting Robert to leave the ICU a few weeks ago to file a lawsuit against their niece to block a tell-all book didn't do him any favors; especially since the suit failed.
    Jesus Christ .
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    A phrase that's always struck me as significant is 'The only vote wasted is the one never cast."

The source might not be widely respected (Former wrestler and Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura) but it's still a sound sentiment.
    Huh. From predator to public office.

That's an unexpected leap.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Huh. From predator to public office.

That's an unexpected leap.
    Is it?

It’s not a matter of me being on anyones side. I’d say the same thing to anyone in his position regardless of who they want in office if they expressed reservations about voting. Voting is a personal choice. As an American citizen you have the right to do it, or not and your reasoning doesn’t need to make sense to anyone but yourself. It’s not choice anyone should have to justify to anyone.
    Exactly. I agree 100%. Honestly, Biden to me is the lesser of two evils and I was stuck between him and Trump. It's not the end of the world if Trump wins, though I probably be homeless if he does and kills Social Security... but that's another story ><

Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post
    I've heard this same argument about wearing masks.
    Dude, that's a horrible analogy. Voting doesn't harm anyone's health, and it's a personal choice. Not voting is a vote itself if you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    I don’t think anyone sees Biden as a saviour (except maybe Dorobo). Certainly not in the way Obama was seen in 2008. Rather, he’s the last emergency stop before fascism.
    I see it like this:

We're on a sinking boat. Voting for Biden is the equivalent of patching up the holes so we can try to proceed to shore safely. Voting for Trump is laughing at the people trying to patch up the holes (or intentionally damaging the boat more) and saying we deserve it as we sink. Not voting is either looking at 'both sides' and thinking that both are equal (ridiculous) or just not putting in the effort to help patch up the boat. Leftists who refuse to vote are telling the patchers to not do anything as it is pointless unless a cruise liner passes by and picks them up.

That's all Biden is to me. Not a savior, but a common-sense halt to the disaster that is Trump. Voting for Biden and getting him in office is downright crucial, but it's not an excitement over Biden himself... It's just patching the hole, so to speak.

It's not a perfect analogy, as in the real world, our boat is sinking and it can't be patched up until enough of the latter groups agree.

Not voting is what let the inept and corrupt like the Turtle and the annoying orange to get their positions in the first place.

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Not voting is what let the inept and corrupt like the Turtle and the annoying orange to get their positions in the first place.
    It's also what the Republicans count on to stay in power. It's why voter suppression is such a big tactic of theirs. Republicans are reliable voters, Democrats aren't (the old "Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line" cliche).

When Democrats are energized to vote, Republicans tend to lose. It's at least part of how we briefly snatched a Senate seat in Alabama of all places.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Be "free" not vote is a catch 22, you will always end worse than if you voted against a bigger evil.
    Unless you voting Yog-Sothoth, than go forward and open the silver gates.

Guys this can all be summarized and settled in one simple sentence: Libertarians are the dumbest people in all politics.

One of the rare Trump megafans who popped in here even agreed to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyan D. Funk View Post
    President Carl Weathers? He's in like his mid seventies.

Which is apparently the ideal age bracket for candidates.

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

In this case that choice is to be a dumbfuck.

Closed Thread

Thread Information