Closed Thread
Page 148 of 321 FirstFirst ... 48 98 138 146 147 148 149 150 158 198 248 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 6405

Thread: American Politics: So long Trump!

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

Let's continue fighting tyranny together!

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Okay, now we're getting somewhere! Thanks for the help guys. I'd all but given up, and now I might have a chance.
    Another option, assuming you can obtain a mail-in ballot:

If you're worried about your ballot being counted in time, most states, including Wisconsin, allow a family member or other person to drop off completed ballots on behalf of others. At least in my state, it requires both the voter and the proxy to sign the outside of the ballot as witnesses, but it's simple enough. So if you're worried about your ballot not being counted in the mail, particularly if it arrives late, finding another person to drop it off for you could be a good option.

It's also possible there are secure ballot drop boxes somewhere in your area, but those are less widespread and might require transportation to them.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

I have a form I'll need to mail once I print it out. Niw I need to buy a printer lr something. That's easy enough though.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Okay, now we're getting somewhere! Thanks for the help guys. I'd all but given up, and now I might have a chance.
    That's how you know we're on the same side, we didn't let your issue slide and give up on it.

This is incidentally how you know Louis-1988 is not on your side in spite of the genial tone.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Anyway moving on. Interesting look at which states should be concerns regarding mail vote fuckery.
    https://election.princeton.edu/2020/08/13/how-hard-is-it-to-steal-the-election/#more-23889

I have a form I'll need to mail once I print it out. Niw I need to buy a printer lr something. That's easy enough though.
    If your library is like mine, you can fill out the form and send it there to print and have someone pick it up for you. (probably using an email address or something)

Unless I can do it without interacting with people in person, it ain't gonna happen.
    From what I just found out, I would need to go to the dmv to get an id card. And if I could just go out willy nilly I would just vote in person.
    Just curious, how did you vote in 2016 then? Is this social anxiety a new thing for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Just curious, how did you vote in 2016 then? Is this social anxiety a new thing for you?
    It's never been this bad, no. I went through some...things relatively recently, so it's worse now. Also my entire family voted together in 2016. It was mine and my sisters first time voting. So that helped.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    If your library is like mine, you can fill out the form and send it there to print and have someone pick it up for you. (probably using an email address or something)
    Oh shoot, I didn't even think of that! Thanks! I'll have to look into using a library too.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    That's how you know we're on the same side, we didn't let your issue slide and give up on it.

This is incidentally how you know Louis-1988 is not on your side in spite of the genial tone.[/URL]
    It’s not a matter of me being on anyones side. I’d say the same thing to anyone in his position regardless of who they want in office if they expressed reservations about voting. Voting is a personal choice. As an American citizen you have the right to do it, or not and your reasoning doesn’t need to make sense to anyone but yourself. It’s not choice anyone should have to justify to anyone.
    Last edited by Louis-1988; August 15th, 2020 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis-1988 View Post
    It’s not a matter of me being on anyones side. I’d say the same thing to anyone in his position regardless of who they want in office if they expressed reservations about voting. Voting is a personal choice. As an American citizen you have the right to do it, or not.
    I agree, but the problem is I wanted to vote but couldn't. Now it's very likely I can. If I didn't feel like trumpy was the first step to an existential threat to the country, I wouldn't bother. I don't think biden is the savior some others here seem to, but trumpy is just so awful he makes biden look decent by comparison, lol.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

I agree, but the problem is I wanted to vote but couldn't. Now it's very likely I can. If I didn't feel like trumpy was the first step to an existential threat to the country, I wouldn't bother. I don't think biden is the savior some others here seem to, but trumpy is just so awful he makes biden look decent by comparison, lol.
    Well if that’s how you feel I am glad you found your resolve to vote then. :) No better way to voice your opinion or make change in this country than to vote.

This is incidentally how you know Louis-1988 is not on your side in spite of the genial tone.

Anyway moving on. Interesting look at which states should be concerns regarding mail vote fuckery.
    https://election.princeton.edu/2020/08/13/how-hard-is-it-to-steal-the-election/#more-23889

I appreciate the support from you guys. We might be at different places on the left and argue about how the country should be going forward, but we're all kind of on the same "team". Without going full tribal, lol.

Well if that’s how you feel I am glad you found your resolve to vote then. :) No better way to voice your opinion or make change in this country than to vote.
    Let's just hope it's not such a dire situation next time and I won't feel like I have to.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Let's just hope it's not such a dire situation next time and I won't feel like I have to.
    Personally, it doesn’t feel any different to me than when Obama, Bush or Clinton were in office. Your life is ultimately what you make of it regardless of the elected official, in my opinion. I’m a black male in a red state by the way.

Voting is a personal choice. As an American citizen you have the right to do it, or not and your reasoning doesn’t need to make sense to anyone but yourself. It’s not choice anyone should have to justify to anyone.
    I've heard this same argument about wearing masks.

Libertarian proudly shirks civic duty, lionizes selfishly sitting on ass doing nothing.
    Film at 11.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post
    I've heard this same argument about wearing masks.
    The act of me voting or not voting doesn’t directly or indirectly risk myself or my peers their health/lives. Terrible analogy.

Libertarian proudly shirks civic duty, lionizes selfishly sitting on ass doing nothing.
    Film at 11.
    Wait, I thought you were adamant that I was Republican? Why the change of heart?

Civic duty? Are you implying voting is or should be compulsory? I thought you were against facism? If I told you I would vote Trump, would you still say I’m “selfishly sitting on my ass doing nothing”, or would you be okay with me staying home? If you’d be okay with me staying home in this scenario, then I ask you why are you a hypocrite?

Civic right =/= Civic duty. Learn the difference.
    Last edited by Louis-1988; August 15th, 2020 at 07:45 PM.

Wow compulsory voting being called a fascist measure.
    I guess the word really got no meaning now besides be the hot word to call and opposing idea.

I donít think anyone sees Biden as a saviour (except maybe Dorobo). Certainly not in the way Obama was seen in 2008. Rather, heís the last emergency stop before fascism.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Wow compulsory voting being called a fascist measure.
    I guess the word really got no meaning now besides be the hot word to call and opposing idea.
    Well is that not what it would be classified as? Fascism by definition is a dictatorial power. What if I don’t like either candidate? Telling me I have to vote *or else* falls under the definition of fascism.

What if I said I would vote Trump? Would you still want me to be compelled by law to vote? I thought the less Trump votes the better for you?
    Last edited by Louis-1988; August 15th, 2020 at 07:54 PM.

Well is that not what it would be classified as? Fascism by definition is a dictatorial power. What if I don’t like either candidate? Telling me I have to vote *or else* falls under the definition of fascism.

What if I said I would vote Trump? Would you still want me to be compelled by law to vote? I thought the less Trump votes the better for you?
    There's very little *or else*, you can call absentee if you can't vote where you are registered and you have to not vote for more than 6 elections (national and county) before you get anything harsher than a 4 dollar bill (going by today's exchange rate).
    There's also a thing called "Null Vote", I can't claim it exists on the other countries where it is compulsory, but it basically a null vote. You casting a vote for none of the candidates. The only downside of those is that it lowers the number o f valid votes needed for calling a winner.

And what the hell making voting compulsory falls under the guise of centralization of power? Putting yes mans in key positions of gov't in an attempt to cull the opposition is centralizing power, sabotaging federal provided services in order to appeal to the private sector the helped you get elected is centralizing power in the hands of few individuals close to the gov't. Dictatorial powers have a less broader meaning than you are thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    There's very little *or else*, you can call absentee if you can't vote where you are registered and you have to not vote for more than 6 elections (national and county) before you get anything harsher than a 4 dollar bill (going by today's exchange rate).
    There's also a thing called "Null Vote", I can't claim it exists on the other countries where it is compulsory, but it basically a null vote. You casting a vote for none of the candidates. The only downside of those is that it lowers the number o f valid votes needed for calling a winner.

And what the hell making voting compulsory falls under the guise of centralization of power? Putting yes mans in key positions of gov't in an attempt to cull the opposition is centralizing power, sabotaging federal provided services in order to appeal to the private sector the helped you get elected is centralizing power in the hands of few individuals close to the gov't. Dictatorial powers have a less broader meaning than you are thinking.
    I don't like the government compelling me to do things. The less they are involved in my daily life, the better. The only time I need them telling me what to do is when it's a matter of public health/safety where my action/inaction could harm myself or others.

Closed Thread

Thread Information