Closed Thread
Page 147 of 321 FirstFirst ... 47 97 137 145 146 147 148 149 157 197 247 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 6405

Thread: American Politics: So long Trump!

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    I'm not happy about this. I know I'm weak and pathetic. But I know my limits better than online aqaintances. And at a time when the administration is fucking the postal service, I don't think it's unreasonable to fear not getting a mail in ballot in time, or at all.
    The situation being what it is, I won't hold anything against anyone afraid of voting in person. However, I do think you may as well go for the mail-in ballot in any case. If you're not going to vote anyway, then the worst that would happen is your vote isn't counted, which you're already expecting. All you give up is the time to fill out and send the ballot. But if you do send it in, at least if it isn't counted it won't be because of anything you did or didn't do, and there's still a legitimate chance it will be counted. In that situation, to my mind t's a case of "it might not be counted" vs "it absolutely won't be counted.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

Don't really care if it makes any sense to you, it makes perfect sense to me. I'm not about to be bullied by people online for this, one vote will literally not make a difference.

Also, I've done plenty of dumb shit in my life. This probably won't even be the dumbest thing I do THIS YEAR, lol.
    Sounds like it's all about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Then stop coming in here posting about how bad things are and wondering why they can't be better.

Because the answer is what you're doing.
    This is a public forum. I don't need your permission to voice my opinion. As long as I'm not breaking any rules, I will continue to as I please whether you like me doing it or not. I probably will avoid this place though, because some butthurt people here don't understand how literally crippling some mental health issues can be.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Not even trying is pathetic. Like, damn, at least make an effort, and if you don't, don't try and act like you give a single fuck.

I know for a fact I don't have the option to sit on my ass. I'm registered in Ohio and will be happily voting against one of the two worst presidents this country has ever seen and a living representation of so many of this countries ills.
    You feel good about that? Trying to beat on a man too afraid to vote make you feel good?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    Sounds like it's all about you.
    Cool. Anything else?
    Gonna give ya the D.!

This is a public forum. I don't need your permission to voice my opinion. As long as I'm not breaking any rules, I will continue to as I please whether you like me doing it or not. I probably will avoid this place though, because some butthurt people here don't understand how literally crippling some mental health issues can be.

You feel good about that? Trying to beat on a man too afraid to vote make you feel good?
    I don't care that much about one man with big problems, I care more about the countless people with big problems that are being hurt every day by the man you won't use your small power to help against.

Frankly the main ridiculous thing is your stated problem is extreme agoraphobia/social anxiety.
    What does that have to do with mail voting or not?

I'm not beating on you. You said you're weak and pathetic. I didn't say that and I don't know whether it's true or not, but I am willing to condemn the act in relation to what we're facing realistically and symbolically. You are defeating yourself before even entering the battlefield. Help me understand how requesting a ballot can hurt you more than this presidency has hurt everyone?

I don't care that much about one man with big problems, I care more about the countless people with big problems that are being hurt every day by the man you won't use your small power to help against.

Frankly the main ridiculous thing is your stated problem is extreme agoraphobia/social anxiety.
    What does that have to do with mail voting or not?
    I tried using the website to request a mail in ballot, but I couldn't figure it out. And even if I did figure it out how will I know my vote would even be counted? I don't know anything about mail in voting, and that makes me more nervous.

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    I'm not beating on you. You said you're weak and pathetic. I didn't say that and I don't know whether it's true or not, but I am willing to condemn the act in relation to what we're facing realistically and symbolically. You are defeating yourself before even entering the battlefield. Help me understand how requesting a ballot can hurt you more than this presidency has hurt everyone?
    Because as I just said to mk, I couldn't figure out how to request a mail in ballot in the first place. If trumpy wins and cuts ss like he has promised to do, I will lose my only income. It's not like I don't have a dog in this fight.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

And even if I did figure it out how will I know my vote would even be counted? I don't know anything about mail in voting, and that makes me more nervous.
    So instead of gambling on 1 or 0, you're choosing 0.
    This still makes no sense at all.

This "i'm nervous, it's weird and strange!" is Trump propaganda sitting directly in your brain.

So instead of gambling on 1 or 0, you're choosing 0.
    This still makes no sense at all.

This "i'm nervous, it's weird and strange!" is Trump propaganda sitting directly in your brain.
    Trump has nothing to do with it. It's fear and ignorance, plain and simple. I can't vote in person and I don't know how to vote by mail. If I could do either, I would. I don't understand why that is so difficult to grasp.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

I tried using the website to request a mail in ballot, but I couldn't figure it out. And even if I did figure it out how will I know my vote would even be counted? I don't know anything about mail in voting, and that makes me more nervous.

Because as I just said to mk, I couldn't figure out how to request a mail in ballot in the first place. If trumpy wins and cuts ss like he has promised to do, I will lose my only income. It's not like I don't have a dog in this fight.
    https://myvote.wi.gov/en-us/

"Absentee ballot tracking information will only display up to Election Day for each election. Please use My Voter Info to check the My Voting Activity section and verify your participation for the 2020 Partisan Primary. Clerks have begun recording election participation, but it may up take to 30 days for this process to be completed."

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Cool. Anything else?
    Well, there's my suggestion, which you didn't quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    The situation being what it is, I won't hold anything against anyone afraid of voting in person. However, I do think you may as well go for the mail-in ballot in any case. If you're not going to vote anyway, then the worst that would happen is your vote isn't counted, which you're already expecting. All you give up is the time to fill out and send the ballot. But if you do send it in, at least if it isn't counted it won't be because of anything you did or didn't do, and there's still a legitimate chance it will be counted. In that situation, to my mind t's a case of "it might not be counted" vs "it absolutely won't be counted.
    There's no good reason not to go for the mail-in ballot. If it's not counted going for the mail-in ballot doesn't cost you anything but time and maybe a postage stamp. If it is counted, you've done your part to try and make America a no-Trump place.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

It says I'm not registered to vote, but I voted in 2016, what? And I need either a drivers license or a state id card to register. Of which I have neither.

Quote Originally Posted by sgamer82 View Post
    Well, there's my suggestion, which you didn't quote:
    There's no good reason not to go for the mail-in ballot. If it's not counted going for the mail-in ballot doesn't cost you anything but time and maybe a postage stamp. If it is counted, you've done your part to try and make America a no-Trump place.
    I'm trying to request a mail in ballot as we speak, but it's not working out.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Trump has nothing to do with it. It's fear and ignorance, plain and simple. I can't vote in person and I don't know how to vote by mail. If I could do either, I would. I don't understand why that is so difficult to grasp.
    The idea that mailing a paper has anxiety connected to it is definitely Trump raising hackles about mail voting being untrustworthy. It's one of those things you absorb by cultural osmosis, not something you hear him say directly and go "Aha! So mail voting is skeevy!". This is exactly his point of poisoning the discussion of mail voting and the election more generally.

Also "I couldn't figure out a website" is a really really bad excuse, that's why I didn't even respond to that bit.

The idea that mailing a paper has anxiety connected to it is definitely Trump raising hackles about mail voting being untrustworthy. It's one of those things you absorb by cultural osmosis, not something you hear him say directly and go "Aha! So mail voting is skeevy!". This is exactly his point of poisoning the discussion of mail voting and the election more generally.

Also "I couldn't figure out a website" is a really really bad excuse, that's why I didn't even respond to that bit.
    I mean...me not figuring out the website actually happened until just now. Whether you believe it is your choice, but it's still the truth. I did manage to figure out I need to register again. And for that I need either a driver's license, or a state id card. I don't have either of those things, so I'm at a bit of a brick wall. Again. I am nervous about mail in voting, but not enough not to do it if I could fucking figure it out. (I'm not cursing at you there, it's just so frustrating figuring one part out only to be stopped at the very next step.)
    Gonna give ya the D.!

I mean...me not figuring out the website actually happened until just now. Whether you believe it is your choice, but it's still the truth. I did manage to figure out I need to register again. And for that I need either a driver's license, or a state id card. I don't have either of those things, so I'm at a bit of a brick wall. Again.
    Then get a state ID card. You've got two and a half months.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    Then get a state ID card. You've got two and a half months.
    Unless I can do it without interacting with people in person, it ain't gonna happen.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

I mean...me not figuring out the website actually happened until just now. Whether you believe it is your choice, but it's still the truth. I did manage to figure out I need to register again. And for that I need either a driver's license, or a state id card. I don't have either of those things, so I'm at a bit of a brick wall. Again. I am nervous about mail in voting, but not enough not to do it if I could fucking figure it out. (I'm not cursing at you there, it's just so frustrating figuring one part out only to be stopped at the very next step.)
    Unfortunately you're seeing voter suppression in action, which makes it all the more important to not give up.

When I changed my party registration I had to stumble over several government websites blatantly lying about where and how to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    Unfortunately you're seeing voter suppression in action, which makes it all the more important to not give up.

When I changed my party registration I had to stumble over several government websites blatantly lying about where and how to do it.
    From what I just found out, I would need to go to the dmv to get an id card. And if I could just go out willy nilly I would just vote in person.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

From what I just found out, I would need to go to the dmv to get an id card. And if I could just go out willy nilly I would just vote in person.
    It looks like if you're eligible then you'll be able to mail it in still. If you were to register online you'd need an id card, but they're giving you a way to do it without one through the mail. It's the second way to do it as listed on this site: https://myvote.wi.gov/en-US/VoterRegistration

2. Mail/Delivery : Eligible Wisconsin voters who do not have a current, valid Wisconsin Driver License or Wisconsin State ID Card may complete the voter registration form and mail or deliver their form to their Municipal clerk along with a proof of residence document.

If there is an upcoming local election in your area in less than 20 days, registration by mail is no longer available. You may deliver your registration form (with proof of residence) to your municipal clerk’s office by the Friday before the election, or you may bring it to your polling place on Election Day.

Instructions on how to register using this process and where to mail/deliver your registration form will be provided.

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

Looks like you can order a Wisconsin state ID online though! A cursory glance says it requires your SSN, zip code, birthday, and payment card. There are a number of exceptions they've made though and I'm not sure how they might affect you.

If you get dunked on in the dream, you get dunked on in real life

Okay, now we're getting somewhere! Thanks for the help guys. I'd all but given up, and now I might have a chance.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Closed Thread

Thread Information