Closed Thread
Page 146 of 321 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 144 145 146 147 148 156 196 246 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 6405

Thread: American Politics: So long Trump!

Default Re: American Politics: We're in for it now

How about we just ignore that the postal service is in the constitution an close it all together?

Banned Rank: Failed Mutineer

I don't think I'll be voting in this years election. Don't feel like catching/spreading the rona, and this mail in stuff smells fishy. Whoever wins, wins.

The president has something to say. And no, not HIM:

Hidden:

And if you wan to laugh your ass off, look at the reactions to Pence saying he won't let Harris "cut America's meat":
    https://www.comicsands.com/mike-penc...I0PhBBzCXhAWls

Quote Originally Posted by Louis-1988 View Post
    I don't think I'll be voting in this years election. Don't feel like catching/spreading the rona, and this mail in stuff smells fishy. Whoever wins, wins.
    It is exactly that kind of attitude that got us into our current fascist predicament.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    It is exactly that kind of attitude that got us into our current fascist predicament.
    Forgive me for worrying about my (and yours) health and voter fraud, lol. We can barely hold uncontroversial elections under normal conditions, but I'm supposed to have faith that mass mail-in voting is a good alternative during a pandemic and when the post office is being de-funded? That's not even including the hundreds of thousands of deceased people receiving ballots. I won't be a part of it. Furthermore, we’re far from being in a fascist predicament.
    Last edited by Louis-1988; August 15th, 2020 at 10:58 AM.

Louis not voting is an improvement since he would vote for Trump otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiolino View Post
    Louis not voting is an improvement since he would vote for Trump otherwise.
    Two questions:

How do you know that?

When did I ever vote Trump?

Honestly I don't know if I'll be voting either. Not for ideological or physical health reasons, but because I'm just too afraid. Mail in voting seems kind of fucked the more I hear about it, and in person voting is out of the question. I'm sorry guys, I just don't think I can.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Honestly I don't know if I'll be voting either. Not for ideological or physical health reasons, but because I'm just too afraid. Mail in voting seems kind of fucked the more I hear about it, and in person voting is out of the question. I'm sorry guys, I just don't think I can.
    You don’t have to be sorry. The decision to vote or not vote is your right.

You live in a key swing state and are in constant depression about the president.

I'm not mincing words here.
    Not voting this year would be the dumbest thing you've ever done in your life.
    Like your logic doesn't even make any sense you're worried that the mail vote might not get counted. Your solution is to not do it at all.
    Why even worry about a possible zero if your solution is zero.

Vote for god sakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    Like your logic doesn't even make any sense you're worried that the mail vote might not get counted. Your solution is to not do it at all.
    Why even worry about a possible zero if your solution is zero.
    Just this. I mean, i could understand that you are depressive about the whole thing, but your reasoning for not voting makes no sense at all.

Don't really care if it makes any sense to you, it makes perfect sense to me. I'm not about to be bullied by people online for this, one vote will literally not make a difference.

Also, I've done plenty of dumb shit in my life. This probably won't even be the dumbest thing I do THIS YEAR, lol.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

My man.

It doesn’t have to “make sense”. It’s your right and that doesn’t need to be explained to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis-1988 View Post
    My man.

It doesn’t have to “make sense”. It’s your right and that doesn’t need to be explained to anyone.
    I'm not happy about this. I know I'm weak and pathetic. But I know my limits better than online aqaintances. And at a time when the administration is fucking the postal service, I don't think it's unreasonable to fear not getting a mail in ballot in time, or at all.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

I'm not happy about this. I know I'm weak and pathetic. But I know my limits better than online aqaintances. And at a time when the administration is fucking the postal service, I don't think it's unreasonable to fear not getting a mail in ballot in time, or at all.
    Not gonna sit here and try and convince you to vote or not vote, but Im sorry you feel this way. If you ever need to talk my PMs are always open.

On this note, anyone have ballot drop off in their state? That sounds like a safe method to vote even with the state of the USPS. I did it during this years primary, and I avoided any kind of crowd.

Don't really care if it makes any sense to you, it makes perfect sense to me. I'm not about to be bullied by people online for this, one vote will literally not make a difference.
    Then stop coming in here posting about how bad things are and wondering why they can't be better.

Because the answer is what you're doing.
    Last edited by Monkey King; August 15th, 2020 at 12:18 PM.

Not even trying is pathetic. Like, damn, at least make an effort, and if you don't, don't try and act like you give a single fuck.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I know for a fact I don't have the option to sit on my ass. I'm registered in Ohio and will be happily voting against one of the two worst presidents this country has ever seen and a living representation of so many of this countries ills.

Is there absolutely nothing that can be done about this? When the law and constitution won't protect us from a tyrant and the checks and balance system is completely compromised and nothing can be done what in the world are we supposed to do?

Part of the goal of Trump's tactics isn't to literally stop mail from going or being late. It's also to depress turnout via hurting morale, spreading confusion, and distrust in the system. In order to take advantage of it all.

He is succeeding with you in a state he badly needs.
    You are letting Trump defeat you personally.

I mean ok say what you want about why and how no one can talk to you about it, sure, but that is objectively what is happening between you and Trump.

I think if you wear proper PPE then in person voting shouldn't be any less safe than going to the grocery store.
    Buy goggles and a face shield, shave and put on a surgical mask.
    Use hand sanitizer liberally but don't touch your face until you've had the chance to wash your hands at home.

Closed Thread

Thread Information