+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help me help a friend please!^^'

Default Help me help a friend please!^^'

Hey guys, I was asked by friends to help them with their English homework and I have to admit, that I don't got a clue what exactly is asked here. So if someone would be kind enough to help me out, what exactly they mean when they say 'patterns' in the images below I might have an easier time understanding what to look out for.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Default Re: Help me help a friend please!^^'

I might not be entirely correct but the Pattern seems to be the passage Repeats alot of Nouns in regards to the Conqueror's and Barbarians.

There's a technical term for this, but I am not entirely sure atm.
    HOW COME LUFFY NEVER KILLS AN ENEMY?
    ODA:ITS BECAUSE IN THAT ERA EVERYONE USES THEIR LIVES TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS. FOR AN ENEMY WHEN THEIR DREAM HAS BEEN SHATTERED,IT IS AS PAINFUL AS DEATH,I BELIEVE FOR A PIRATE NOT TO KILL AN ENEMY , IT'S GIVING THEM A SECOND CHANCE TO FIGHT FOR THEIR DREAMS.

I don't know if it's a pattern that carries through the entire passage, but in the first sentence, there is repeated use of words that could be used to describe an actual fight, an actual battle in a war.

The team names, as well as the uses of "fierce battle" and "decimating win" carry the imagery of an actual bloody fight.

What level of English is this, roughly speaking? I would be inclined to point out basic things like that the whole thing is written in the past tense, that the proper nouns such as the team names are all capitalized, etc...

Thanks guys for the replies. That helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    What level of English is this, roughly speaking? I would be inclined to point out basic things like that the whole thing is written in the past tense, that the proper nouns such as the team names are all capitalized, etc...
    I have no idea what level this is but just by reading this homework too high a level for my friend. I don't even know how she got stuck with that level in the first place.

Number of words decreases by 6 each sentence

(counting all-you-can as three words )

Quote Originally Posted by Renegadesoul View Post
    THE HOGYOKU TROLLED AIZEN IN THE END, its a FITTING TRAGIC yet a bit COMIC PSEUDO ENDING FOR HIM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information