+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Powerpuff Girls Live-Action TV Series in Development at The CW

Default Powerpuff Girls Live-Action TV Series in Development at The CW

Didn't know where to post this or see a thread made for it. So yeah this is happening...

A new live-action version of Cartoon Network's The Powerpuff Girls is in development at The CW.
    As reported by Variety, this new version of the classic series sees the Powerpuff Girls as "disillusioned twentysomethings who resent having lost their childhood to crime fighting. Will they agree to reunite now that the world needs them more than ever?"

This new project is from writers and executive producers Heather Regnier and Diablo Cody. Regnier has worked on the recent Veronica Mars revival, iZombie, and Sleepy Hollow, while Cody is best known for writing Juno, where she won the Academy Award for best original screenplay in 2008. She also worked on Jennifer's Body and Young Adult.Warner Bros. Television will produce the series, and Greg Berlanti, Sarah Schechter, and David Madden will executive produce via Berlanti Productions.

The Powerpuff Girls ran for six seasons and 78 episodes between 1998 and 2005. It was created by Craig McCracken, and was the tale of Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup, who were created when Professor Utonium combined "sugar, spice, and everything nice with the mysterious Chemical X."

The Powerpuff Girls Movie was released in 2002, and a reboot of the series aired on Cartoon Network in 2016.
    https://www.ign.com/articles/powerpu...t-the-cw?amp=1

Likes the way you smile =D Retro's Avatar

Default Re: Powerpuff Girls Live-Action TV Series in Development at The CW

Yeeeah I...have no clue why they're doing this. The '16 reboot I could understand cause that was just the trendy thing to do (lackluster as it was, though I did enjoy some eps) though that show at least kept to the main premise. But this, this is just WTF. Like someone made a joke to one of the executives and they took it seriously. Still we'll see where this goes, I guess.
    Get nuts or go crazy trying.

W
    Spoiler:
    h
    Spoiler:
    y
    sixteencharacters?

As always, I stand by the fact its not *inherently* wrong to try doing a different spin on an established franchise, even one as cartoony as PPG is.

I'm sure it'll be terrible, and bear little resemblence to the original property, but it doesn't HAVE to be terrible sight unseen JUST because its live action.

So hold out somem optimism till the first pictures come out and show how misguided it is, THEN complain. But it could be fun.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I don't know Robby, taking different spins on a established universe is not a bad take, it can lead to an myriad of different interpretations and cool stuff.
    But I'm more willing that the producers, namely Hollywood Studios and Cartoon Studios, being so freaking coward and start for more fresh and new material instead on endlessly baking on established IPs.
    Like, the most recent Lucifer comics don't hold a candle for the Mike Carey's one, they are just trying to use the success of the previous to attract public.

Will Mojo Jojo be a CGI or being played by a real ape?

Remember the live action Fairly Odd Parents?

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    they are just trying to use the success of the previous to attract public.
    Well to be fair and depending on who you are PPG hasn't been relevant since 04/05
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Well the original had alot of cool villains and some interesting side characters. I'd watch it totally out of nostalgia to see what happened to the roster. With this, you get parts of the old folks to watch your series. Now you have to do some other things to make it really successful and draw in the new crowds.
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

I'm pretty sure this has been done before.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    I'm pretty sure this has been done before.
    Wait now you've convinced me it's going to be great, whereas before I was pessimistic because of all the issues with the previous reboot and it being a live-action remake on the CW.

I never understood HIM, but it's the only thing I found interesting.

A grown man mistakenly creating 3 girls is weird. The Amoeba Boys were weird. Good luck with Mojo Jojo lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    A grown man mistakenly creating 3 girls is weird. The Amoeba Boys were weird.
    Well until Mojo creates the Rowdyruff Boys who die because of cooties and then get brought back.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    I never understood HIM, but it's the only thing I found interesting.

https://i.imgur.com/e0iGwPg.gif

A grown man mistakenly creating 3 girls is weird. The Amoeba Boys were weird. Good luck with Mojo Jojo lol.
    I always thought of HIM was a devil version of Dr.Frank-N-Furter, he was a real twisted villain for a kid show wonder how they got away with a character like him shoot even Sedusa a fishnet wearing thief seducing every man she got with to get their money lol
    I said all that to say hey it was the 90s people weren't so PC and looked at everything with a Magnifying Glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Onepieceanimefan23 View Post
    I always thought of HIM was a devil version of Dr.Frank-N-Furter, he was a real twisted villain for a kid show wonder how they got away with a character like him shoot even Sedusa a fishnet wearing thief seducing every man she got with to get their money lol
    I said all that to say hey it was the 90s people weren't so PC and looked at everything with a Magnifying Glass.
    90's CN was wild, the got away with a lot. And I'm thankful for that. And, yes my vision of HIM is the same.
    I guess the right wing would be more pissed with the xenophobic redneck Fuzzy Lumpkins as propaganda against those "fair folk" than with HIM.

lol it's gonna be like Riverdale.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    90's CN was wild, the got away with a lot. And I'm thankful for that. And, yes my vision of HIM is the same.
    I guess the right wing would be more pissed with the xenophobic redneck Fuzzy Lumpkins as propaganda against those "fair folk" than with HIM.
    How much you wanna bet that they'll make Fuzzy Lumpkins the new mayor?

I want a live action baby mojojo just because.

Quote Originally Posted by RoboBlue View Post
    How much you wanna bet that they'll make Fuzzy Lumpkins the new mayor?
    Would that be any worse than the mayor named mayor who was easily the worst character in the original show.

A dog exists somewhere David Ludwig's Avatar

We could sure use a giant fireball right about now.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information