+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Sousou no Frieren - A deplorable, yet fun, journey

Default Re: Sousou no Frieren - A deplorable, yet fun, journey

That really felt like when your DnD party is mostly downed and you defeat the boss with your last effort. What a badass kill!
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

New´s year illustration:

Somehow, this has turned into one of my most looked-forward-to series. Bit of an oddball, but it's doing a fantastic job of building a world of emotion around a conspicuously dull central piece. I'm not the type to be super into the illustration, but the fact that I came here excited to see a post is kind of meaningful on its own. Cool stuff.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

A comment about chapter 32:

Spoiler:

Your lies are adorable.
    Hook up already ;P

Also, here's Chapter 33

Spoiler:
    More feels!
    I love the way this manga does interaction and personal emotion.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

I really liked the old man in the latest chapter, but now I realize that Stark´s master may outlive him and that makes me sad ;_;

Chapter 34

Spoiler:
    Not much happened, mostly some side questing for a stubborn Granny.
    Not a complaint though, still enjoying how comfy this manga is.

---------------------------------[Youtube]-[Patreon]-[Twitter]---------------------------------

I really hope they carved Himmel and the other names on their statues, I wouldn´t risk it.

Chapter 35

Spoiler:

I AGREE. Thank you, my good fellow!!

Chapter 37: https://mangadex.org/chapter/1203250/1

So I guess this series will have its little tournement arc, looking foward to it. Also, I am kind of dissapointed we didn´t get more info on the medallion that Frieren had, maybe later.

I'm really liking the new girl's design.
    I have a bias for punk / tasteful gothic.

She even has the tired Raven eyes. Love it.

Considering her bloodlust and violent ways, I can't wait to see her throw down with Fern soon.

Chapter 38 https://mangadex.org/chapter/1211836/1

Stille hunting!
    Charming antics between the squabbling childhood friends, with poor Frieren stuck in the middle.

I'm really, really fond of this series. All the fantasy tropes are there, but somehow the dynamics between characters and Frieren's long-lived perspective twist them into an endearing, almost nostalgic story.

Also, the magic trial hasn't yet degenerated into an all-out tournament. Yay. Maybe next chapter, though ?

As a german I'm loving the naming scheme of this manga so much (just try and translate some of them, most of them are actual aptronyms). Makes me giggle every time I read a chapter, yet somehow it also feels strangely on point being all concise. Often enough they reflect a character's mannerisms or the features of a location.

Right now I'm just waiting for Übel to actually start wreaking havoc before inevitably getting schooled by Frieren :)
    Last edited by Pennywise; February 18th, 2021 at 02:43 PM.
    We all float down here!

Quote Originally Posted by Seafarer33 View Post
    I'm really, really fond of this series. All the fantasy tropes are there, but somehow the dynamics between characters and Frieren's long-lived perspective twist them into an endearing, almost nostalgic story.

Also, the magic trial hasn't yet degenerated into an all-out tournament. Yay. Maybe next chapter, though ?
    Couldn't agree more, there's something tragic and lovely about the forced-perspective nihilism of the series. Does it undermine the camaraderie or underscore it? Hard to say! Just a really interesting and well executed series.

Chapter 39 https://mangadex.org/chapter/1220667/1

Frieren's plan is in motion!
    Everyone else is like NANI?

The real magic here is all of them looking so neat and well dressed after catching (or not) a rocket bird in the woods. I guess they will look perfect at the end of the battle too :D
    “As I stand out here in the wonders of the unknown at Hadley, I sort of realize there’s a fundamental truth to our nature: Man must explore!” – David Scott, Moon

Chapter 40 https://mangadex.org/chapter/1229927/1

Damn, F for that poor aerial team.

Oh neat, the forums are back.

Anyways, chapter 41 https://mangadex.org/chapter/1238303/1

The manga won the Manga Taisho award! Awesome.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information