View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

    189 51.36%
  • Shinobu

    1 0.27%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc)

    1 0.27%
  • Momo

    9 2.45%
  • Tama

    9 2.45%
  • Carrot

    68 18.48%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

    7 1.90%
  • Caribou

    6 1.63%
  • Other

    28 7.61%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

    50 13.59%
Closed Thread
Page 497 of 506 FirstFirst ... 397 447 487 495 496 497 498 499 ... LastLast
Results 9,921 to 9,940 of 10112

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

  1. #9921

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Damn these next two weeks are going to be loooong.

  2. #9922
    Omne ignotum pro magnifico Zik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by FatDogForMidTerms View Post
    I've been studying this series and Oda for over fifty years now, and I can confidently declare that wolf Yamato will, by total accident, eat Carrot and cough up her bones like in a WW2 era cartoon.

    Please don't fight me on this, it's science. And no, I will not dumb myself down for you lowlives, you peasants.
    I'm dying. Last part really got me. LOL
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

  3. #9923

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    I've heard it said that Carrot has less of a role at Wano because she had a more crucial role at Whole Cake. In that case, what exactly did she do at Whole Cake that would justify having less of a role at Wano? It's not like with Jinbe in which he played a crucial role at Whole Cake even though he already played crucial roles at Impel Down and Fishman Island, is it?

  4. #9924

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    The big issue is that everything started off toxic and no one (taking part in the conversation) has really been mature enough to reel it in. It ostensibly started in their first post (that said those who thought Yamato was the next crewmate were reaching), but as I pointed out a while ago, that post was a direct response to a post that said the same thing about Carrot made a couple before it. Like the big difference between this poster and others is that Yamato currently has much more evidence in their favor, but both C4N and the others are doing the same thing.
    Sorry but for the bolded line, Dorobō Neko didn’t mention specifically about Carrot. He/she said anything else which means that it applies to everyone not just Carrot, but CarrotForNakama specifically pointed about Yamato. Pretty ironic that he/she wants to end the toxicity for Carrot but he/she was toxic specifically against Yamato. But for the rest of the part and his/her obsession and arguments for Carrot, I’d give an applause.

  5. #9925

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    In that case, what exactly did she do at Whole Cake that would justify having less of a role at Wano?
    She saw ships... right in front of the Sunny... through binoculars!!!
    Nobody in the whole series has ever achieved such greatness!

    "There will be an answer, let it be."

  6. #9926

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil Child 78 View Post
    Amateur. I’ve been studying One Piece for a whole century that I’ve reached about early Two Piece to connect the clues. I’m an analyst, don’t underestimate me.
    Where's your academic credentials, buddy? I literally eat and breath One Piece. And when I say literally I mean literally. My shit mostly consist of cellulose, it's a nightmare.

    Suffice to say, I know how the man thinks. Yamato is going to make an rabbit stew (by accident) in the upcoming chapters, mark my words.

    This is war and you better bring out something concrete if you want to kill the king.
    LIE
    CHEAT STEAL
    KILL WIN

  7. #9927

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhenja View Post
    She saw ships... right in front of the Sunny... through binoculars!!!
    Nobody in the whole series has ever achieved such greatness!
    I must add that, that feat is important for One Piece as a whole series; while Yamato being strong, having connection to Ace, protecting Momo with direct order from Luffy, stalling Kaido, trusting Luffy to defeat Kaido, and about to do something to the explosives are not important for One Piece as a whole series. That’s what I call an analysis, don’t be toxic.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by FatDogForMidTerms View Post
    Where's your academic credentials, buddy? I literally eat and breath One Piece. And when I say literally I mean literally. My shit mostly consist of cellulose, it's a nightmare.

    Suffice to say, I know how the man thinks. Yamato is going to make an rabbit stew (by accident) in the upcoming chapters, mark my words.

    This is war and you better bring out something concrete if you want to kill the king.
    Forgive me my king for I have sinned. I would never question you again. Now let me redeem myself with a rabbit confit sous vide a la Ohara for you. I believe you’re gonna enjoy it very, very much.

  8. #9928

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by FatDogForMidTerms View Post
    Where's your academic credentials, buddy? I literally eat and breath One Piece. And when I say literally I mean literally. My shit mostly consist of cellulose, it's a nightmare.

    Suffice to say, I know how the man thinks. Yamato is going to make an rabbit stew (by accident) in the upcoming chapters, mark my words.

    This is war and you better bring out something concrete if you want to kill the king.
    Ok ok, that part got me!
    Im out of the game

  9. #9929

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    I've heard it said that Carrot has less of a role at Wano because she had a more crucial role at Whole Cake. In that case, what exactly did she do at Whole Cake that would justify having less of a role at Wano? It's not like with Jinbe in which he played a crucial role at Whole Cake even though he already played crucial roles at Impel Down and Fishman Island, is it?
    For arguments sake I wanna tackle this one, though it will be through the lens of why she has less of a role in Wano.

    There's two reasons I can think of for her to be relegated to the background. The first is for Oda to focus more on Wano characters by setting her on the bench so to speak, the other is if her potential joining is meant as a surprise; then it could be justified as Oda taking off the spotlight. Since the idea came up that Yamato might join the Strawhats as a parallel to Oden, I've toyed with the idea that Carrot might end up the same but as a parallel to Inu and Neko. That is, she stows away on the ship and comes alongside Yamato as a surprise crewmate.

    I don't find either of these arguments convincing; making sure every character gets some spotlight is Oda's worst habit and I doubt he's gonna break it for one character, and making someone a surprise member can be done with them still receiving a lot of panel time (like Robin).

    Regardless I'm very curious why Oda reduced her appearances so drastically. She's a very popular character and has been present at Wano at all times, and yet she was practically dropped when we reached Wano. It's kinda jarring.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:


  10. #9930

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    There's two reasons I can think of for her to be relegated to the background. The first is for Oda to focus more on Wano characters by setting her on the bench so to speak, the other is if her potential joining is meant as a surprise; then it could be justified as Oda taking off the spotlight. Since the idea came up that Yamato might join the Strawhats as a parallel to Oden, I've toyed with the idea that Carrot might end up the same but as a parallel to Inu and Neko. That is, she stows away on the ship and comes alongside Yamato as a surprise crewmate.
    Somehow that does seem a little odd, even at Whole Cake with Big Mom's 85 children and many other characters, Jinbe still had a noticeable role in the form of saving Luffy and Nami's life and defying Big Mom in helping Luffy and the others escape, on top of it being set up of the idea of Jinbe joining Luffy at Fishman Island beforehand.

    I mean, if you're going to have a character join and have it be exciting, my understanding was that you'd take every possible opportunity to build that up to be as exciting as possible, because I'm sure that Oda wouldn't want to have his manga be less interesting and exciting, for how much work he has put into it.

  11. #9931

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    Oda has stated that the strawhats lack sleep because of the post. Therefore being able to stay awake will bring their energy down. I'm not the one saying this, Oda is.
    Well I see what's going on now..

    Often times, its very usual and especially the Carrot supporters, would come talking about Carrot supposedly being able to 1)staying awake for ridiculous periods of times, 2)getting less sleep than normal people. which is not a fact, and is not even close to being one, none of that has ever been stated, and we've never seen Carrot doing stuff like that, quite the opposite, time and time again, we witnessed Carrot getting tired and sleeping like normal people thrughout WCI.(And no, I'm not even talking about that one time she went to sleep because of Sulong).

    We've already discussed this(a lot), so we all know this myth came from the Kingsbird position, which is stated that is able to operate in both reigns, which doesn't mean Wanda and Carrot must be awake at all times, and again, we've never seen this, they can simply be 6 hours with Ino, another 6 hours with Neko, and they still have 12 hours to rest.

    WCI reinforces this by the fact that, uh, Carrot never done anything abnormal regarding the matter, nor she ever stated anything, and she kinda just slept like regular people do.

  12. #9932
    Omne ignotum pro magnifico Zik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    I don't find either of these arguments convincing; making sure every character gets some spotlight is Oda's worst habit and I doubt he's gonna break it for one character, and making someone a surprise member can be done with them still receiving a lot of panel time (like Robin).

    Regardless I'm very curious why Oda reduced her appearances so drastically. She's a very popular character and has been present at Wano at all times, and yet she was practically dropped when we reached Wano. It's kinda jarring.
    Yeah, after I saw how Oda treated Jimbe its been pretty obvious he wouldn't sideline or minimize to soon to be strawhat's focus to that degree. As I've said before all of them get a great deal of focus. Jimbe was drowned out byt the FI or WCI characters.

    He wouldn't do it to a character for an entire arc like this.

    As for why, it may be that the character has served most of their purpose.
    Last edited by Zik; October 11th, 2021 at 06:15 PM.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

  13. #9933

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    i'm not a savior of any kind, I'm just a fighter. I saw negativity therefore I went to fight it. But.. I love the fact that people here are seeming so bamboozled by the fact that a single person would brave the reactance of a forum to persuade them that a character will have a certains treatment in the story.. that they would use so strong words..

    Are you hearing yourself ??

    I see the word "Troll".. I even saw the words "Carrot evangelist"..


    Hey! What I'm doing is just giving you strong arguments with no way to reply to them. I'm just being really thorough with that, without toxicity and I don't let room for wrong argumentation. That's all !

    People ? Have you been so focused on your bubble that you think the Yamato train is something so irreversible ?

    But it's not guyz! Wake up ! From our perspective, a single panel destroy all this probability.


    From our perspective nothing confirmed Yamato as a next strawhat, and each subtle hints for example the Luffy/Yamato conversation are in fact the OPPOSITE of a confirmation !

    When I say "wake up" I mean it. From the bottom of my subjective heart. You are hanging on a hype.. nothing more... if we were on the end of Whole cake right now, Yamato wouldn't stand a chance against Carrot for reasons I've already mentionned.

    The only two things that Yamato has in front of Carrot are :
    - Carrot has not been in the story right now
    - Luffy is dealing with the oppression of Yamato

    But when you look at the data, those are nothing but hanging threads... The first point would be ended by a single occurence of Carrot talking about Luffy and the second is no different that what Luffy does for each "Arc characters".

    It's stunning how you seems to think that Yamato's shot is set in stone here.. when on the other side we have actual data you are ignoring:

    - A entire arc with a girl playing a strawhat role (something that never happened)
    - 40+ Occurence of a non-strawhat character into a Sunny post (never happened either)
    - Multiple occurence of that character blending with the strawhats (Jokes / Shenanigans)
    - Multiple occurence of the STRAWHATS giving that character sign of affection. (something that is rare also)
    - A Shonen treatment of said character.

    I mean okay Yamato is cool and all and she is focus on right now, but nothing more that another Character arc like Kyros or Wyper. Wake up, I'm not a simple Carrot fan, I have actual data on my side don't ignore it just because it was the "previous arc"..

    You should KNOW that Oda NEVER writes for nothing.

  14. #9934

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by CarrotForNakama View Post
    i'm not a savior of any kind, I'm just a fighter. I saw negativity therefore I went to fight it.
    I fight injustice when I see it, I don’t walk away from a fight, I run towards it…. Who am I? A hero? Some may call me that, but to those who terrorize Fourms and try to give reasonable counter arguments, they will know me simply as CarrotForNakama

    Sorry I couldn’t help myself

  15. #9935
    Discovered Stowaway astagadragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2021
    Location
    Somewhere I belong

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    The thing that baffled me the most in these arguments is that someone claims that Carrot's design is "inspired".

    Really? Are you really serious? When she's just a rabbit with blonde hair and a stereotypical name?

    Like, if you read or watch some other series, there are many rabbit-like characters that are more "inspired" than Carrot. Like in Jump we have Mirko for example, now she is a cool and badass rabbit. Or any Viera from Final Fantasy. Or hell, why not play into the whole "killer rabbit" trope?

    Instead Oda went for that... uhh, bland design. There I said it. Any arguments for Carrot is reasonable IMO, except about her design.

    And you expect a bland designed character like her can carry the franchise, becoming its "face" for 10+ years?
    "The rain has ceased, and we have been graced by another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it." - Elidibus

  16. #9936

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by astagadragon View Post
    The thing that baffled me the most in these arguments is that someone claims that Carrot's design is "inspired".

    Really? Are you really serious? When she's just a rabbit with blonde hair and a stereotypical name?

    Like, if you read or watch some other series, there are many rabbit-like characters that are more "inspired" than Carrot. Like in Jump we have Mirko for example, now she is a cool and badass rabbit. Or any Viera from Final Fantasy. Or hell, why not play into the whole "killer rabbit" trope?

    Instead Oda went for that... uhh, bland design. There I said it. Any arguments for Carrot is reasonable IMO, except about her design.

    And you expect a bland designed character like her can carry the franchise, becoming its "face" for 10+ years?
    Or the rabbit girl from Star Wars Visions, who was awesome

  17. #9937

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zar View Post
    For arguments sake I wanna tackle this one, though it will be through the lens of why she has less of a role in Wano.

    There's two reasons I can think of for her to be relegated to the background. The first is for Oda to focus more on Wano characters by setting her on the bench so to speak, the other is if her potential joining is meant as a surprise; then it could be justified as Oda taking off the spotlight. Since the idea came up that Yamato might join the Strawhats as a parallel to Oden, I've toyed with the idea that Carrot might end up the same but as a parallel to Inu and Neko. That is, she stows away on the ship and comes alongside Yamato as a surprise crewmate.

    I don't find either of these arguments convincing; making sure every character gets some spotlight is Oda's worst habit and I doubt he's gonna break it for one character, and making someone a surprise member can be done with them still receiving a lot of panel time (like Robin).

    Regardless I'm very curious why Oda reduced her appearances so drastically. She's a very popular character and has been present at Wano at all times, and yet she was practically dropped when we reached Wano. It's kinda jarring.

    Surprisingly, Robin joined on chapter 217 and the title is “Stowaway”. So I don’t think that we’ll need another type of stowaway to be finally accepted to the crew.

  18. #9938
    Partly Sunny Syphin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Australia

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    I can see that CarrotForNakama has been banned but I would just like to address a few things to clarify matters in case such an avenue is traversed on in the future.

    Nothing has "confirmed" Yamato to be the next Straw Hat Pirate, that is why discussion and presentation of arguments takes place. If confirmation was available, would discussion even be needed? Nothing can be taken with certainty as the readers aren't the ones writing the story. We can deduce what might happen based on elements and Oda's writing style but at best what we are arguing are possibilities.

    Based on how Oda has presented Yamato and handled him, there is genuine reason to believe he may be the next Straw Hat Pirate. And I ask, what is wrong with such a belief? Should we not believe that Yamato is the next Straw Hat Pirate with a bit of likelihood? Disappointment on such a path is not the only destination available. I have presented many arguments for why I hold such a belief. Alongside elements supporting Yamato, I have also argued holes that might be filled later on in the story (Stonemason, Octopus, Oni, Fish-Man Island, Joy Boy). I am open to being wrong but when one tries to misconstrue passion for Yamato being something...problematic, it certainly rubs me the wrong way. Even if one is wrong in their perspective of elements, there is meaning in the individual holding such a view. It helps us in not only our digestion of the story but also in regards to how we approach life. I find Yamato to be an inspiring character and the journey he is going on I feel is a very motivational one.

    I have read some of CarrotForNakama's Twitter post and they are interesting but certain points don't hold up at this point in the story. Yamato's story has evolved from his introduction to where he presented himself as Oden and used that stance to push the reality that Luffy should give him a ride on his ship to one where Yamato has come to a more balanced incorporation of his admiration of Oden. By the end of the arc, it will possibly be Yamato as Yamato (inspired by Oden) who ask Luffy about joining his crew. Luffy will then proceed to give his response.

    As for this:

    A good reader of One Piece will know that all the mugiwara will follow Luffy because of HIM FIRST. That why here, The story hints us that Yamato is kinda lying to himself.
    Oda has been presenting Yamato has following Luffy because of him first as of late.

    Spoiler:











    Yamato has very much aligned his intentions and actions to support Luffy. Yamato's actions of handling the explosives in Onigashima will also support Luffy going forward. Things may change of course and when that moment arrives, further discussion can arise.

    It is okay to disagree with different interpretations of events but can those that do please respect that others have an opinion that may be different from yours and it is okay to let things exist. There is no need to talk down to those who also hold passion for One Piece. Insulting ones opinion and perspective of events is not something I can agree with and it is also not something fun to read. If you want to champion an environment filled with less toxicity, please consider treating others with a bit more empathy. I know the carrot and stick method exist but I would prefer a treatment more akin to Carrot than Perospero.

    Note: I wrote the majority of this post before noticing the ban on CarrotForNakama. I should have removed part of the post but I felt it would be a waste so I tried to present the content in more general context.

  19. #9939

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Quote Originally Posted by Syphin View Post
    I can see that CarrotForNakama has been banned but I would just like to address a few things to clarify matters in case such an avenue is traversed on in the future.

    Nothing has "confirmed" Yamato to be the next Straw Hat Pirate, that is why discussion and presentation of arguments takes place. If confirmation was available, would discussion even be needed? Nothing can be taken with certainty as the readers aren't the ones writing the story. We can deduce what might happen based on elements and Oda's writing style but at best what we are arguing are possibilities.

    Based on how Oda has presented Yamato and handled him, there is genuine reason to believe he may be the next Straw Hat Pirate. And I ask, what is wrong with such a belief? Should we not believe that Yamato is the next Straw Hat Pirate with a bit of likelihood? Disappointment on such a path is not the only destination available. I have presented many arguments for why I hold such a belief. Alongside elements supporting Yamato, I have also argued holes that might be filled later on in the story (Stonemason, Octopus, Oni, Fish-Man Island, Joy Boy). I am open to being wrong but when one tries to misconstrue passion for Yamato being something...problematic, it certainly rubs me the wrong way. Even if one is wrong in their perspective of elements, there is meaning in the individual holding such a view. It helps us in not only our digestion of the story but also in regards to how we approach life. I find Yamato to be an inspiring character and the journey he is going on I feel is a very motivational one.

    I have read some of CarrotForNakama's Twitter post and they are interesting but certain points don't hold up at this point in the story. Yamato's story has evolved from his introduction to where he presented himself as Oden and used that stance to push the reality that Luffy should give him a ride on his ship to one where Yamato has come to a more balanced incorporation of his admiration of Oden. By the end of the arc, it will possibly be Yamato as Yamato (inspired by Oden) who ask Luffy about joining his crew. Luffy will then proceed to give his response.

    As for this:


    Oda has been presenting Yamato has following Luffy because of him first as of late.


    Yamato has very much aligned his intentions and actions to support Luffy. Yamato's actions of handling the explosives in Onigashima will also support Luffy going forward. Things may change of course and when that moment arrives, further discussion can arise.

    It is okay to disagree with different interpretations of events but can those that do please respect that others have an opinion that may be different from yours and it is okay to let things exist. There is no need to talk down to those who also hold passion for One Piece. Insulting ones opinion and perspective of events is not something I can agree with and it is also not something fun to read. If you want to champion an environment filled with less toxicity, please consider treating others with a bit more empathy. I know the carrot and stick method exist but I would prefer a treatment more akin to Carrot than Perospero.

    Note: I wrote the majority of this post before noticing the ban on CarrotForNakama. I should have removed part of the post but I felt it would be a waste so I tried to present the content in more general context.
    Yeah, assuming Yamato will go to sea with Luffy after Wano, any reason she'd go with him would most likely be because of Oden and what Oden explained, which may or may not have something to do with Joy Boy's return and the New Dawn, which Oden presumably wrote about after visiting Laugh Tale.

  20. #9940

    Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

    Why was CarrotForNakama banned? I wasn’t really reading all his responses but from what I saw it seemed he genuinely believed his arguments, I didn’t think he was trolling, even if I disagree with his opinion

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts