View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

189 51.36%
  • Shinobu

1 0.27%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc)

1 0.27%
  • Momo

9 2.45%
  • Tama

9 2.45%
  • Carrot

68 18.48%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 1.90%
  • Caribou

6 1.63%
  • Other

28 7.61%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

50 13.59%
Closed Thread
Page 425 of 506 FirstFirst ... 325 375 415 423 424 425 426 427 435 475 ... LastLast
Results 8,481 to 8,500 of 10112

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    I’m surprised more people haven’t been clamoring for Momo to join after the end of the last chapter, I mean the main reason people thought he couldn’t or wouldn’t join was because he was a child, which the last chapter kind of fixes, I mean he’ll still have the mind and soul of a child but.....

To be fair I still don’t think he’ll join at all I’m just pointing out that I thought there would be more people on board after this
    Well everything about Momo has been about helping the ppl of Wano, serving the citizens, avenging his parents, doing what his father couldn't, and bringing prosperity back to the country.

But who knows there's multiple scenarios where he can change his mind or some thing having to do with the "dawn" can lead to him joining the strawhats as a cabin boy for the rest of the story instead of being shogun. Then Hiyori can step in and rule the country.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

I've looked back at all of Caribou's appearances in light of him showing up again in recent chapters, and I unironically think he would be a favorite contender among readers if he was slightly less evil and his design wasn't so gross. Maybe Sanji could give him kick surgery ā la Duval .
    Not even Naruto resorted to time travel

Quote Originally Posted by Kurloz View Post
    I've looked back at all of Caribou's appearances in light of him showing up again in recent chapters, and I unironically think he would be a favorite contender among readers if he was slightly less evil and his design wasn't so gross. Maybe Sanji could give him kick surgery ā la Duval .
    I seriously would love him as a crewmember, but that's never going to happen in a million years for the exact reasons you stated

now when it has been introduced, it has to happen, aged up kunoichi Tama!

As usual people will think logically and wonder, how does even an age up make Tama a kunoichi? Well... I think we don't need to think too hard about it, we know she has been training to become one, but she hasnt displayed any result from her training whatsoever from it, I guess the excuse would be, with a physical strength boost from the age up, she is just strong enough to finally put what she trained into practise.

Some other issues:

She is still only 8 years old, and it would be extremely distasteful if she looked like a typical big boobie kunoichi, so let her remain being kid, just a few years older biologically, and no fanservice whats so ever from her.

it would feel cheap to have another kid age up after tama, but it all depends on the circumstances and how oda handles it, i trust in oda, if this is what he planned all along, I believe there will be a good reason for her to age up.

the pros:

We finally get our token ninja in the series! so far we have raizo and shinobu, and while theyre cool in their own ways....well, lets just say there is def room for another cool ninja.

her promise to ace gets fulfilled, she becomes a strong kunoichi, and in return luffy takes over ace's promise to let her join the crew according to yamato's logic, and theres no denying Tama has already paralleled luffy to ace throughout the arc.

More foreshadowing to her character gets fulfilled, so far we had her character hinted in marineford and by the sphinx called tama, now she will also fulfil the cool ninja the boys were looking forward to see in zou.

EDIT:
    In addition, the shanks like scratch on her cheek would turn into a scar during the age up, a cool battle scar, and she could become big/strong enough to wield to Nidai Kitetsu, matching color theme perfectly.
    Last edited by Solid; August 13th, 2021 at 02:47 AM.

If Tama gets aged up, Shinobu has to hold up to that joke about making most things rot. I could only assume that if Tama goes through the process, it will be by a lot, past 60.

I can't quote this post anymore, and although, I still think it is a bad idea to age these kids up.

Tama has demonstrated to be quite tough, she did get beat up by big spooky Kaido, and is still trying to fight, so I do not think she needs to go through it. But, here we are. At least there is a way for her to take animals with her. Raizou can make scrolls for her.

That post was also way off with the Vegapunk stuff. But, Yamato takes its potential place. So the list of guest aboard the Sunny after Wano would be: Caribou, Tama and Yamato.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by K. Kira XXIII View Post
    If Tama gets aged up, Shinobu has to hold up to that joke about making most things rot. I could only assume that if Tama goes through the process, it will be by a lot, past 60.

I can't quote this post anymore, and although, I still think it is a bad idea to age these kids up.

Tama has demonstrated to be quite tough, she did get beat up by big spooky Kaido, and is still trying to fight, so I do not think she needs to go through it. But, here we are. At least there is a way for her to take animals with her. Raizou can make scrolls for her.

That post was also way off with the Vegapunk stuff. But, Yamato takes its potential place. So the list of guest aboard the Sunny after Wano would be: Caribou, Tama and Yamato.
    I must have missed that post, finally someone writing something about Tama lol, thank you.

i love the idea of raizous summoning scrolls

Sorry Solid, but my read on Tama hasn't changed.

I know you think otherwise, but we have zero indication that she has undergone ninja-training of any sort. It's an aspiration for her, but from what has been shown, she has no more trained to be a kunoichi than Luffy had trained to be a pirate when he asked Shanks to take him out to sea.

Her age has never been the biggest issue - her lack of experience is the real underlying problem. A magic age-up won't fix that.

Welcome to Rokkenjima.

Quote Originally Posted by otakufan View Post

I know you think otherwise, but we have zero indication that she has undergone ninja-training of any sort. It's an aspiration for her, but from what has been shown, she has no more trained to be a kunoichi than Luffy had trained to be a pirate when he asked Shanks to take him out to sea.

Her age has never been the biggest issue - her lack of experience is the real underlying problem. A magic age-up won't fix that.
    Spoiler:

She is racking up those experience points in this raid!

Quote Originally Posted by Solid View Post

She is racking up those experience points in this raid!
    Show, don't tell.

She's said she's working on becoming a kunoichi, but we haven't SEEN her working on it and she hasn't displayed any skills beyond those intrinsic to her Devil Fruit. Beyond that, as significant as her contribution to the raid has been, she's still needing to be protected the entire time.

To be sure, I'd count this as a significantly more impressive formative experience than Higuma the Bear and Bluejam, but that still doesn't mean she's ready for the deep end.

Welcome to Rokkenjima.

Show, don't tell.

She's said she's working on becoming a kunoichi, but we haven't SEEN her working on it and she hasn't displayed any skills beyond those intrinsic to her Devil Fruit. Beyond that, as significant as her contribution to the raid has been, she's still needing to be protected the entire time.

To be sure, I'd count this as a significantly more impressive formative experience than Higuma the Bear and Bluejam, but that still doesn't mean she's ready for the deep end.
    I think we don't need to think too hard about it, we know she has been training to become one, but she hasnt displayed any result from her training whatsoever from it, I guess the excuse would be, with a physical strength boost from the age up, she is just strong enough to finally put what she trained into practise.
    Which is what I've said, and I think that's a positive, it's saved for her age up where she will finally show the readers and all the in-universe character what she has been working on.
    She could easily have been seen throwing some kunas on a practise target or something, just like Momo was seen practising, but we never got it, and I just find that suspicious.

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

but we never got it, and I just find that suspicious.
    That's a strange thing to be suspicious of. Usually what has been presented is the way it is.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Tama is super fun, and held her ground against the scary Beast Pirates.
    Pros of aging her up: she could still be Momo's pair (don't mean it as romantic necessarily)
    Cons: really weird and iffy territory of her being a sexy woman(she stated she wanted to be a sexy kunoichi) but with the mind of a little girl. Similar to the super awkward territory of Sugar, who was grown woman in a child's body. Don't think that area should be explored further

Momo being aged up makes sense as a culmination of his character arc, and Shinobu will do it obeying to her master's order.
    Randomly aged up Tama would be random, unnecessary, distasteful.

Also her power is extremely situational. I mean.she may be lucky and be paired with Stronger in the final confrontation with the Blackbeard's and insta-win, but that's the only scenario that doesn't force oda to justify the dead child in his shonen manga.

Finally, 7 years old was too young to set sail as an apprentice in noob den East Blue. Can't see 8 years old in the New World faring much better.
    Curiosity has its own reason for existing

I must have missed that post, finally someone writing something about Tama lol, thank you.

i love the idea of raizous summoning scrolls
    It was from 2 years ago. And I still try to mention that these people would be guests on the Sunny much like Law and others have been.
    Hidden:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    Try out my first game! All feedback is welcome, enjoy and thanks. Heroine: Kiku
    Hidden:

Isn't that her dream though? Theres no point in her chasing that dream if aging her up also magically gives her all that experience. I mean thats like saying aging up Momo doesn't make him a Shogun. Course it doesn't either, but thats the dream he's aspiring to, and it may be possible that he carries that dream further than the end of the arc and wishes to earn the title through merit over inheritance.

The point of aging up would be not being a completely defenseless kid on the crew, if they were to join.

On paper Tama has a pretty good case except her age when it comes to various SH like criteria that said people forget that she literally has stated she wants to see the Wano with Momo as Shogun, being sick of being hungry and wanting to eat her fill.
    Intrinsically to do that... well it's a pretty direct statement that for the immediate future she is much more interested in seeing Wano restored vs immediately setting out to sea.
    Also this latest chapter is about giving us the gravity of the choice Momo is pushing. He is going to lose years physically in exchange for possible power. Shinobu isn't a fan here and as framed by the story she has to be convinced that things are bad enough and all will fail unless she does it.
    There is just no way in hell Tama is going to get aged up losing those years just to have her sail, literally not a single of the hero characters are characterized in a way that they'd approve of that.

Tama is Aisa or Rebecca, young characters who get inspired by Luffy and also create a bond for Luffy to the island, so he has a personal reason to fight. Admittedly Momo is that as well, but the state of Wa No was not tangible for Luffy until he saw how Tama suffered.

Another thing I think is being undersold here is Oda quite loudly upgraded the abilities of Nami and Robin to damn near Yonko Commander level overnight. I think aesthetically speaking Yamato joining the crew has a lot to do with this. Despite being a self identified male , they'll still be contemporarily contrasted with Nami and Robin, even if they prefer to play with the boys. Ability wise I think this was a conscious effort on Oda's part because Yamato's a powerhouse, but they'll still be the Junior to that already established dominant female hierarchy amongst the crew, it's unavoidable.

But it would ring hollow if Nami and Robin remain solely portrayed as supplemental roleplayers amongst the crew. Hence Zeus and Giant Demon Fishman Palm Robin.

"The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terror"

Can anyone give me a refresher on the prominent figures to the strawhats and when they were revealed from their introductions?

Off the top of my head, were Zoro/Nami/Usopp/Chopper/Robin the only ones? Where Kureha/bellemere/hiriluk/saul etc were only revealed during the flashbacks and not shown explicitly beforehand? Just wanted to know if i'm wrong on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Funny that you say that, since I've actually made a panel analysis comparing Yamato's declaring to die for Momo or his desire to protect Wano against the ones he declares he will leave with Luffy and that he wants to live as free as Oden.
    You mean the one where you tried to argue the importance of panel size against stuff the author has repeatedly emphasized, and was explicitly told it was flawed reasoning? Yea, i saw that post.

Quote Originally Posted by legumes View Post
    You mean the one where you tried to argue the importance of panel size against stuff the author has repeatedly emphasized, and was explicitly told it was flawed reasoning? Yea, i saw that post.
    So the author "has repeatedly emphasized" something in two small panels with no background, but hasn't in other two times that actually got way more impressive displays in panel-size, story flow and art details?

Yeah, let's ignore all the visual elements because they are inconvenient and pick the small panels instead.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Closed Thread

Thread Information