View Poll Results: Who is Luffy's 10th Person?

Voters
368. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamato

189 51.36%
  • Shinobu

1 0.27%
  • An Akazaya Samurai (Kin'emon, Kiku, etc)

1 0.27%
  • Momo

9 2.45%
  • Tama

9 2.45%
  • Carrot

68 18.48%
  • A Supernova (Law, Drake, Bonney, etc.)

7 1.90%
  • Caribou

6 1.63%
  • Other

28 7.61%
  • None: Jinbe is the final Straw Hat

50 13.59%
Closed Thread
Page 422 of 506 FirstFirst ... 322 372 412 420 421 422 423 424 432 472 ... LastLast
Results 8,421 to 8,440 of 10112

Thread: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

Default Re: Next Straw Hat Crewmates (Vol. 8 - Onigashima)

It reads so simple now but what a delicious twist that was - of course the Ripe Ripe Fruit could do that. Momonosuke will be aged up by Shinobu in order to harness the abilities of the Artificial Seiryu Devil Fruit more effectively. All in order to save Wano. While Shinobu and Momonosuke are currently of the mind that the change is permanent, that is not entirely the case and their current actions will path forward a new destination for those linked to Momonosuke. Jewelry Bonney exists. She has the ability to de-age other people and if the story seeks to return Momonosuke back to his actual age after transforming, the story focus will shift toward characters seeking out Bonney. The curious case with Bonney is where she was seen last in the story - in Mary Geoise, And who else was present during the Reverie? The Revolutionary Army's Chief of Staff, Sabo.

News has spread about an incident concerning Sabo and the Revolutionary Army has lost contact with him. Once Luffy reads the news about Sabo, he will attempt to help if Sabo is in any danger. If Bonney is with Sabo, the Straw Hat Pirates journey will coincide with her location. If helping de-age Momonosuke becomes a quest, I can see someone looking to help Momonosuke, tagging along with the Straw Hat Pirates to meet Bonney. Zoro should be aware of Bonney's abilities after his run in with her. Jinbe and Robin (and Law) should also be aware of the Worst Generation members abilities. Once Kaido is dealt with and the Straw Hat Pirates see the sacrifice Momonosuke has made, they may think of Bonney as a solution to Momonosuke's state. And who has Oda-sensei been building up as a character close with Momonosuke with the intention of sailing with the Straw Hat Pirates? Yamato, of course. If Yamato doesn't join the Straw Hat Pirates at the end of the Wano Kuni Arc, he may end up joining in a future arc after he locates Sabo and Bonney. Yamato would have reason to both help Sabo and seek out Bonney (if she is the solution to the effect Momonosuke will be affected by after aging up).

Beyond the affects of the Ripe Ripe Devil Fruit, there is also the side effects of the Artificial Devil Fruit to consider. It was noted on Punk Hazard that the Artificial Devil Fruit Momonosuke consumed was a failed experiment but we have yet to see why Vegapunk considered it a failure. Was is really a failure? If it was, what will happen to Momonosuke if he continues to utilise the powers of the Devil Fruit? Will Momonosuke be dramatically affected with continued use and will he require the help of his allies to seek out Vegapunk after being afflicted by the side-effects? This too could see Yamato travel with the Straw Hat Pirates in order to help Momonosuke. Any potential future story Oda-sensei has planned for Momonosuke that requires the Straw Hat Pirates to seek help outside Wano Kuni has been seemingly set-up to include Yamato.

Quote Originally Posted by Vongola_Boss_XI View Post
    I think it's going to depend on a few things. First, whether or not Momo actually ages. It seems likely, but something could still intervene to prevent it from happening (at least right now). I think there's also a question of whether Momo will actually be stronger if he is aged using Shinobu's Devil Fruit. If aging Momo using Shinobu's power works to make him stronger, it immediately begs the question why she doesn't 'mature' Luffy by a year. Surely, the future Pirate King hasn't hit his peak yet. Of course the answer may be that aging someone only increases their physical strength. In theory, it shouldn't improve their skills / mastery level of advanced techniques. In Luffy's case, he needs to grow stronger by improving his mastery of Conqueror Haki and his Devil Fruit (awakening?). So perhaps that could explain Momo growing stronger.

We do need to consider Tama aging, but I don't think it's very likely even if Momo does age. I think part of the reason I'm hesitant to see Momo turned into an adult, aside from the aforementioned implications / questions / potential plot holes regarding Luffy, is because Momo and Tama met and became friends. It would be strange to age up one of them 20 years. But in Momo's case, he both has a responsibility as Wano's rightful leader and should already be 20 years older. Tama is supposed to be 8 years old and has no such position of authority. Aging her 20 years would just be robbing her childhood, which should be a lot better in a newly liberated land of Wano than it was under the despot shogun Orochi.

Something worth considering - Hiyori looks almost identical to Toki. There's a very good chance adult Momo will closely resemble Kozuki Oden. The visage of Oden may inspire even deeper loyalty from Yamato. It may also prompt her to set aside the Oden costume and fully hand it off to Momo. Lots of possibilities.

Whether or not Momo needs 'protection' has never really been the root of my hesitance to consider Yamato joining a foregone conclusion. While it has factored into the equation, it was always more about the best way to carry on Oden's will, which as far as we know has been about opening Wano's borders for the return of Joy Boy. CP0's interest in Kaido's (and Momo's) Devil Fruit and presence on Onigashima as well as the potential arrival of the Marines could complicate the situation on Wano before the curtains close on the final act. If Momo turns into a much larger dragon, there's no doubt CP0 will be aware Momo has the artificial Devil Fruit created by Vegapunk. I can't predict the future, but I think there's the possibility things aren't left as neatly as they were on Alabasta for example. Not to say another tyrant will take charge, just that keeping the borders open may take some effort and that the potential death of some or all of the scabbards may make Wano vulnerable to predatory external forces. Opening the borders is a double-edged sword in a sense. Time will tell.

Yamato potentially being able to take off the Oden costume could help her chances of joining. I'm still looking to see a specific dream motivating a journey to the end of the Grand Line and an actual relationship with the crew before considering her chances of joining to have increased significantly. Those things may be filled in by a flashback, or may not. The horns being a natural part of Kaido and Yamato's anatomy could indicate there's more to be revealed about who they are, what they are, and where they come from. Or it could just be a visual flair.

As I have been saying, I'm evaluating Yamato and Carrot independently. I think Carrot is going to join. I'm going to be honest if I think Yamato's chances of joining are increasing. My estimation of Yamato has nothing to do with my belief Carrot will join. I don't think there's a limit of 10. This week's chapter could potentially address some (not all) of the reasons I'm hesitant to believe Yamato will join, but it will depend on exactly how this all plays out.
    Keeping in mind Carrot might try to bring the dawn to the world later on, I currently don't think she has any reason to join the Straw Hats that makes sense in driving the story forward, so I'm not too inclined in seeing her join at this point honestly.

People are really jumping the gun with “if Momo ages up, Yamato has no reason to stay”. First, because that changes nothing of Yamato’s moments. Adult Momo without training would still require protection just the same. Imagine an aged Momo back then, and the biggest difference is that he wouldn’t fit in Yamato’s clothes.

The best thing that can come out of Momo’s forced aging is that he becomes an even bigger symbol to be protected. He still needs masters to train him, he’s still a child at heart. Even worse, the perception of him would change. Right now he can cry and show weakness because he’s still perceived as a child. Only Luffy treats him like an adult. But “adult” Momo would be required to not show any weaknesses like that, or he’s not a fit leader. He will need even better asvisors and protectors in order to not fail and lose face.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    because that changes nothing of Yamato’s moments.
    That's right, she won't suddenly drop all her intentions to leave Wano just because Momo got a bigger body...

"There will be an answer, let it be."

If Momo grows and looks more like Oden, Yamato might have star eyes and obsess over him.

Personally I don't see that happening but idk.

Though, it's he didn't go starry eyes on the Scabbards.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

The CP-0 already stated that if Vegapunk had achieved to clone Kaido's fruit, that would be yet another giant power to fear.

They're about to witness that power, no intentions to invade Wano could flourish at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    The CP-0 already stated that if Vegapunk had achieved to clone Kaido's fruit, that would be yet another giant power to fear.

They're about to witness that power, no intentions to invade Wano could flourish at all.
    It's a power they want for themselves and went to great lengths to acquire. They footed the bill for Momo's Devil Fruit and I can't imagine them simply giving up if they find out Vegapunk's research was actually successful. I think Kaido's Devil Fruit may have even previously been in their possession and that Vegapunk was intentionally trying to keep it from them. They said they were going to force him to hand it over if it had been successful.
    Luffy, Zoro, Nami, Usopp, Sanji, Chopper, Robin, Franky, Brook, Jimbei, Carrot, Vivi, Smoker

"ONE PIECE, IT EXISTS" - The Great Pirate Edward Newgate

In the slums of heaven... I'm renting out a condo in hell though.

People are really jumping the gun with “if Momo ages up, Yamato has no reason to stay”. First, because that changes nothing of Yamato’s moments. Adult Momo without training would still require protection just the same. Imagine an aged Momo back then, and the biggest difference is that he wouldn’t fit in Yamato’s clothes.

The best thing that can come out of Momo’s forced aging is that he becomes an even bigger symbol to be protected. He still needs masters to train him, he’s still a child at heart. Even worse, the perception of him would change. Right now he can cry and show weakness because he’s still perceived as a child. Only Luffy treats him like an adult. But “adult” Momo would be required to not show any weaknesses like that, or he’s not a fit leader. He will need even better asvisors and protectors in order to not fail and lose face.
    LOL Doesn't sound like a job for Yamato AT ALL.
    Zik Of The 7 Swords: Vision? What do you know about my vision? My vision would turn your world upside down, tear asunder your illusions, and send the sanctuary of your own ignorance crashing down around you. Now ask yourself, Are you ready to see that vision?
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Zik View Post
    LOL Doesn't sound like a job for Yamato AT ALL.
    "My other name is Yamato and I'd die for you!"
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

"My other name is Yamato and I'd die for you!"
    "Conveniently forgets about all the panel time where yamato keeps rambling on and on about adventure and leaving wano after kicking out kaido"
    This really is the case where people cling onto single panels/shots for dear life (not unlike a certain "you will see the dawn my-totally-well-established apprentice") instead of following what the story have been consistently driving at repeatedly again and again.

Quote Originally Posted by legumes View Post
    "Conveniently forgets about all the panel time where yamato keeps rambling on and on about adventure and leaving wano after kicking out kaido"
    Funny that you say that, since I've actually made a panel analysis comparing Yamato's declaring to die for Momo or his desire to protect Wano against the ones he declares he will leave with Luffy and that he wants to live as free as Oden.

About that idea of people needing to stay behind to look after Momo, is that really where the story is heading?

Not really a relevant post, but I got a chuckle out of seeing horns on Robin while Brook is out there busting out ice attacks.

Ok so, the WG/Marines would frist met with a waterfall that cannot be climbed by multiple ships at once and many could fall over.
    Then, they would have to face Samurais that have shown capable of slicing battleships with ease.
    Then, hundreds of Gifters that could easily handle thousands of random marines/agents.
    Then comes the Yakuza that a SWORD member has witnessed their power.
    And once you get into the place, the Shogun can also turn into a giant pink Dragon.

All of this while they have a considerable amount of their forces dealing with the Shichibukai, and an incent in Alabasta.

Yeah, not seeing it all.

And I wasn't even counting the Minks and Zunesha, cause they all might travel around looking a new home as well, and just like Yamato, they're not needed at all when Momo is a smaller Kaido with a smaller but powerful army too.

Didn't think about it like that. Brook, Chopper, and Robin might have to leave the crew for the furry horned ice user. Overlap is king.

The more Oda drives home the point that Yamato wants to be Oden/be inspired by Oden's unwavering resolution, the most he is aligning Yamato with traveling alongside the Straw Hat Pirates.

Oden had two dreams that he boldly expressed during the Legendary Hour of Execution:
    1. Open Wano's borders
    2. Help those that are carrying on Joy Boy's will

Spoiler:

Oden's sights weren't just positioned on Wano Kuni, he held interest in the world and the unfinished task left by Joy Boy (and Roger).

Oden represented Wano and he planned to assist the 'figure the world has been awaiting' when they appeared.

Oden was killed but his will had not died. The will of Oden has been inherited by Yamato, who has been fighting to see Oden's dreams fulfilled for the past twenty years. Even alone and against his family, Yamato continued to struggle, resist and endure.

Oda has let Momonosuke read Oden's journal to understand the context behind the fight Oden was waging to open Wano Kuni. Momonosuke will represent Wano Kuni but with the knowledge he now has, he will realise the importance of working toward fulfilling Oden's desires. Momonosuke knows Yamato wants to be Oden and Momonosuke being the type of person he is, he will have no issue with Yamato helping the Straw Hat Pirates, whom Momonosuke will come to learn are the people his father has been waiting for. Momonosuke will not stop Yamato from being inspired by Oden and working with them. Momonosuke will not allow himself to be the reason for Yamato continuing to sacrifice his dreams. Which is why he is now willing to sacrifice his own youth and life to help save Wano, so that he can protect those fighting for him and Wano (and Oden).

Oda already set this path up from the moment he introduced Yamato and has only substantiated that intention chapter after chapter through the story arcs of Yamato and Momonosuke. Yamato knows the Straw Hat Pirates are the ones Oden was waiting for which is why when he introduced himself, he expressed his two desires that reflect the two wishes Oden had during the Hour Long Execution.

Spoiler:

Oda has aligned Yamato with the story of Joy Boy so that when Yamato does join the Straw Hat Pirate, there will be a crew member present that can assist the Straw Hat Pirates in their journey completing what Joy Boy (and Roger) left unfinished.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Didn't think about it like that. Brook, Chopper, and Robin might have to leave the crew for the furry horned ice user. Overlap is king.
    Like with Sanji and Franky both being able to use fire powers?

Quote Originally Posted by electricmastro View Post
    Like with Sanji and Franky both being able to use fire powers?
    Yeah, it looks like people don't want to stand next to "overlap" anymore.

Concerning Yamato's full beast form, I wonder if it will look anything like Andrius from Genshin Impact. The Ice Wolf design there is glorious. It is also a thrilling boss challenge.

Spoiler:

Closed Thread

Thread Information