+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 984: My Bible

Default Chapter 984: My Bible

Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Default Re: Chapter 984: My Bible

Yamato is such a badass want to see even more

What a great chapter all around. These double spreads were on

point this week ��

And Yamato is definitely quite the unique one. I didn't expect much from Yamato, but I really like this character already lol
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/chapters/one-piece

Double Enel face in the cover story. That's a thing. While it was obvius Pound and his daughters was going to get resolved in the covers after we saw him show up, I have to admit I didn't actually forsee that entire plot thread being wrapped outside the main story like this. Does make me wonder how it all ties back in to Big Mom's situation and Elbaf.

ANd another of Whitebeard's allies has joined the fray. Apparently crossdressing runs in the family.

So yeah. How bout that Yamato huh? Some people suspected he was a she last week based on the Hanya mask, but it certainly was a quick turn around reveal on Oda's part. I think it's too much Nami face for any serious discussion about them joining the crew, and too much Oden dedication and plot tying them down, but neat reveal all the same.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Discovered Stowaway MajinArekkusu's Avatar

Holy shit, didn‘t see that twist coming.

Cool double spreads, hilarious Jinbe and Robin scene plus Izo, Cat Viper and Marco already meeting Laws crew rounded up this great chapter.

So Marco going after Perospero on the ocean now? And curious if Yamato will reveal any secrets from Odens journal regarding the bigger picture.

Love Yamatos design, she is obviously strong as fuck, I just hope she will be a good character and not Rebecca 2.0 etc.
    To support Viz and SHUEISHAs MANGA Plus service hosting all Jump manga for FREE, WORLDWIDE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version.

So, no mystery person who was drinking Crocus then, huh?

Nice chapter, Izo's return was great.
    Yamatos introduction was also great.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    So, no mystery person who was drinking Crocus then, huh?
    Yet, they might lead the other Minks.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Am I gonna get in trouble from the fandom if I refer to Yamato using female pronoun? Her intro box outright says “daughter”.

Would be interesting to know if Oden noted how to read the Poneglyphs in his journal.
    And how much he wrote about Laugh Tale and the One Piece.

"There will be an answer, let it be."

Did we ever saw den den mushiphone like the one Orochi is using ?

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

Great chapter. Can't wait to see more of Yamato, and Page One-Ulti sibling dynamic is now one of my favorite character interactions/relationships this arc.

Blunder Bagua > Thunder Sigua all day, every day.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    Am I gonna get in trouble from the fandom if I refer to Yamato using female pronoun? Her intro box outright says “daughter”.
    Yamato is a female, it says the daughter. It's pretty clear cut.

For those of you who like review, theory, and analysis videos here's my thoughts on the chapter!
    K-F|Jango

On this occasion i´d like to criticize the official translation for the usage of "Blunder Bagua".

Based on the translation of the raws, we got beforehand, The attack ulti is reminded by Yamato is what she refers to "4 Triades", while

Thunder Bagua means 8 Triades

Ulti was referring to an attack Yamato did as similar to "4" triades.

The official ruined that by calling it a "Blunder Bagua". This makes the reader think that its a failed Thunder Bagua, while in fact its, just a "weakened" Version of it.

The official did not leave the impression on me that there are multiple stages of the attack.

Now i probably wouldnt mind that as much if the wano arc would happened to be over already. But it is still ongoing and we havent seen Kaido going all out yet.

What if Kaido or other people make usage of 2-16 Triades etc. in the upcoming battle? What if other Characters can make usage of the "Triades" technique and there are multiple Versions of it?

How can the official correct that? or will they suddenly call it Munder Bagua, Runder Bagua, Funder Bagua, Lunder Bagua and what not.

I know citing the scans is not often seen as something good to do but i really liked how they encapsulated the wording of the attack by calling it a Thunder "Sigua".

Thunder remaining as the basis of the Attack and changing Bagua to Sigua seems pretty cool. it is easier to work with in the future if a different Thunder Technique is used

Feel free to correct me as id like to hear your opinion as well. If you correct me, please use the japanese raws as basis or other convincing arguments, thanks!

Fantastic chapter, really loved that reveal at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Fool View Post
    Blunder Bagua > Thunder Sigua all day, every day.
    Agreed, hilarious translation.

The new chapter was great. Kiku and Izo's reunion was heartwarming to me. I did got a laugh from the Robin and Jimbei moment. I really like Yamato's character design.

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    Yamato is a female, it says the daughter. It's pretty clear cut.
    Yamato uses masculine pronouns and explicitly says he is a man. I don't know what Oda has in mind re:Yamato's gender, but if Yamato says he is a man, he is a man.

Quote Originally Posted by DruMzTV View Post
    Thunder Bagua means 8 Triades

Ulti was referring to an attack Yamato did as similar to "4" triades.

The official ruined that by calling it a "Blunder Bagua". This makes the reader think that its a failed Thunder Bagua, while in fact its, just a "weakened" Version of it.
    I don't agree. Yamato used "8 Triades", that's how he himself called it.

Ulti wasn't measuring the attack's actual strength, but downplaying her own wounds by belittling the attack. The joke is that she pretends it didn't hurt her, while her bloodied mask betrays her intention. The underlings even call her on it.

So how a translator could portray the joke, since the nuances of japanese language are lost in english? By calling the "weak" version version of Thunder Bagua as Blunder Bagua. I felt it was pretty on-spot.
    Wano predictions: There will be 5 acts; All Straw Hats will get fights, some in Act 4; Big Mom Pirates will arrive; Carrot will have her moment, but won't join; Yamato will be a Kouzuki samurai and Wano's Guardian; Shanks will visit Luffy in Act 5; Next arc is Mary Geoise.

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

Quote Originally Posted by DruMzTV View Post
    That's not at all what I got from that translation. She's obviously bluffing and doesn't want to admit she's hurt by it so she's mocking the attack. If the reader thinks the "Blunder Bagua" translation means a failed Thunder Bagua despite the attack knocking out Ulti in the previous chapter and Page One repudiating Ulti's mockery of the attack by telling his sister that "it hit her pretty hard," then that's on them for not understanding what is being conveyed.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

I agree with Deicide. @DruMzTV, you completely misunderstood the scene and was mistaken by the translation note.
    That proves that these translation notes so many people asked for are not always that great

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information