+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Volume 97 Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: Volume 97 Predictions/Discussion

Fujitora is with Coby hunting boa.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolutionaryOfThe6Paths View Post
    No im talking about the chapter 800 foreshadowing with the Grand fleet
    I'd say Akainu actually sends a Buster Call or something, but the Grand Fleet crushes it, not allowing them to intervene with Luffy's fight in Wano.

"I wait for you, Luffy!" blackness662's Avatar

Wow.
    This SBS was really something.
    We got the names of the ninjas, all the data (height, ages) of Tobiroppo and Oniwabanshu.
    So OP will not end in 5 years, only the best part of Luffy's adventure (finding One Piece)...
    After Wano, the great war begins, which will be very long and will lead to the finale.
    Can't wait!
    To be honest, Oda calmed my concerns with these statements. :)

Promotional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    It's like someone talking to you by using many *wink winks* in order to omit the dirty words, but expecting you to guess the words by context... and you just have no idea what the person is talking about.
    That's basically my point about Japanese sentence structure. Omitting subjects and words, collapsing wholes sentences/ideas into a single word, and expecting you to get it through context is part of it. It can be pretty confusing/hard when first learning the language. But that's just how it works, and why strictly literal translations may miss the point.

The current translator might be amazing, the english wording may be right on the money and the best we will ever get. Or they are missing some nuance. Or Oda used a sometimes ambiguous language to make a vague statement in order to calm readers down. He probably doesn't want to spoil how everything will play out after all. All-in-all, it's probably best to wait for some other fluent/native speakers to chime in to see if we're missing something.

From all this discussion I take that Oda doesn't know when his Manga will end. If he did, he would make one statement and just stick to it regardless what editors are saying or fans are asking. If you have multiple answers to one precise question most of the time this is indicating that there is no correct answer (or is held back by what ever reasons).

Quote Originally Posted by Randy1031 View Post

Hey man!
    gotcha-------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Would be interesting if the one who helped Luffy enter Impel Down, ended up in there
    Yeah, and what happens to every inmate in Impel Down upon arrival? She will be stripped naked for the bath in boiling water. Her mark will be found. And, as a slave, she will be sent back to her owners.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by blackness662 View Post
    Wow.
    This SBS was really something.
    We got the names of the ninjas, all the data (height, ages) of Tobiroppo and Oniwabanshu.
    So OP will not end in 5 years, only the best part of Luffy's adventure (finding One Piece)...
    After Wano, the great war begins, which will be very long and will lead to the finale.
    Can't wait!
    To be honest, Oda calmed my concerns with these statements. :)
    Its a great feeling when the author himself seems to be a fan of his own story and is willing to acknowledge what most of us were concerned about: length of story. With so much content still untouched, one can assume a lot of it is for this final storyline, but hearing the author actually acknowledge that it will be massive and nothing like we've seen before is just super reassuring.

Honestly excited for the rest of Wano now, knowing that there is just a good amount more left to go.

This is of course, assuming he means what translators intended when delivering that message.

Frontpages, via the S-manga preview:

The Luffy-Oden-Roger Jump cover as the inner title page is exactly as expected, but the character intros are looking a bit thin to be spread across four whole pages. Not the most inspiring collection of Kaido's subordinates to highlight. Holdem, Babanuki, Daifugo, Solitaire, Speed and Dobson? Outside of Queen's constant Babanuki flashbacks, did any of these guys even appear in the volume?

Still, they're obviously laying the groundwork for the next few books' recaps, with that space to be taken over by the fully introduced Tobi Roppo, partially introduced Numbers, the Mimiwarigumi, Perospero and Marco.

Oh, and Kanjuro disappearing from the Scabbards and reappearing among Orochi's forces is a nice touch, even if the same measures weren't taken for Denjiro, who only appears here as Kyoshiro for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Watch-man View Post
    In one of latest interviews if I am not mistaken Oda said that when we will see Boa again she will be in danger/ in very difficult situation.

https://digistatement.com/one-piece-...e-to-his-fans/

So most likely Vegapunk new weapons proven extremely effective. We also got Marco going to Onigashima- he would be at peace with leaving Whitebeards island only if it would be safe. So either if someone strong enough would be protecting it(like Jozu) or if Marines would capture Weevil.
    "And once it’s over, things are going to be grim. Sabo will…!! Vivi will…!! Hancock will…!! AAAAAAAA…!!!"

Oda is the ultimate hype man. He's the James Brown of manga, well besides the beating people and drug problems thing.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    Frontpages, via the S-manga preview:
    https://i.imgur.com/iBfo7uR.png
    https://i.imgur.com/7qGt1Ii.png
    https://i.imgur.com/nMAo1t3.png
    https://i.imgur.com/ekiRqM4.png

The Luffy-Oden-Roger Jump cover as the inner title page is exactly as expected, but the character intros are looking a bit thin to be spread across four whole pages. Not the most inspiring collection of Kaido's subordinates to highlight. Holdem, Babanuki, Daifugo, Solitaire, Speed and Dobson? Outside of Queen's constant Babanuki flashbacks, did any of these guys even appear in the volume?

Still, they're obviously laying the groundwork for the next few books' recaps, with that space to be taken over by the fully introduced Tobi Roppo, partially introduced Numbers, the Mimiwarigumi, Perospero and Marco.

Oh, and Kanjuro disappearing from the Scabbards and reappearing among Orochi's forces is a nice touch, even if the same measures weren't taken for Denjiro, who only appears here as Kyoshiro for the moment.
    Yeah, the next 2 volumes are surely going to grow those 4 pages lol.

Vol 98 will definitely have: Yamato, Apoo, F6, Bao Huang, and Hacha (8) added on the BP side. Perospero added to BMP side. And Marco added to Luffy's allies where Law/Carrot are. Oh and Izo will 100% replace Kanjuro there too, since he's on Orochi's side anyway.

Vol 99 will keep the same, but Drake will move over to Luffy's side, Hotei introduced plus a Mimiwarigumi character box possibly, and at least 4 Numbers will be added (Jaki (4), Goki (5), Nangi (7), and Juki (10) unless they are just grouped in 1 pic like Onibawanshu. Other than this, nothing significant unless the BMP join by the end of Vol 98 or some other Beasts Pirate member/outside force is introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain M View Post
    It’s because Denjiro reveals himself to the scabbards only in this volume. We learned his secret last volume, but he was still masqerading as a villain.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    Yeah, and what happens to every inmate in Impel Down upon arrival? She will be stripped naked for the bath in boiling water. Her mark will be found. And, as a slave, she will be sent back to her owners.
    This is cruel, but I see it too. The crew might have to break open Impel Down and pull a Fisher Tiger. Imagine Jinbe's grin doing that

This is cruel, but I see it too. The crew might have to break open Impel Down and pull a Fisher Tiger. Imagine Jinbe's grin doing that
    Revolutionaries, The Grand Fleet, they'll break into Impel Down as well, I'm sure, and let out everyone, including Bon Kurei.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.

The point is that she (and the crew) isn’t going to Impel Down.

Mary Geoise arc! Time to climb the Red Line, slap Celestial Dragons, meet Revolutionaries, and fight CP0.

The point is that she (and the crew) isn’t going to Impel Down.

Mary Geoise arc! Time to climb the Red Line, slap Celestial Dragons, meet Revolutionaries, and fight CP0.
    Holy shit. This makes me think about Kuma. Either he's already freed, or he needs to be. If he is, then he can send the crew (hopefully the entire ship) to Mariejoa. I don't think he is, in which case after they free him and everyone else, then he can send them to a new island.

where the hell is Tama? lol

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post
    Holy shit. This makes me think about Kuma. Either he's already freed, or he needs to be. If he is, then he can send the crew (hopefully the entire ship) to Mariejoa. I don't think he is, in which case after they free him and everyone else, then he can send them to a new island.
    I think Kuma and Bonney will be part of it too. And it then leads to Vegapunk arc.

I think Kuma and Bonney will be part of it too. And it then leads to Vegapunk arc.
    Franky told the crew about Kuma's actions at Sabaody. Whenever they come in contact with him again I think it would be a great time to introduce Vegapunk (and his true intentions, whatever they may be) into the plot. If he is malevolent, I could see Franky and Chopper being able to help Kuma.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information