+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Volume 97 Predictions/Discussion

Default Re: Volume 97 Predictions/Discussion

Kinemon cover
    Kinemon: This design represents the meeting place.
    Momo: Wrong!!
    (Patrick, from Osaka)

----------------------------------

D: Oda, I heard that a few months ago it was discovered that Page One's fruit model, the Spinosaur, actually swam in the ocean! I'm telling you this now, so you can-- wait, what!?!? You had already fixed it on chapter 983 to a tail with fins!?! Oh, c'mon! When I finally had some news to give... (P.N.: Yuchabin)

O: Oh, so you noticed it? Indeed, since Page One's introduction, they found a fossil part that is thought to be from a Spinosaur. And that changes his bone structure! I was caught in a bit of a pinch, but I thought I could sneakly change it and no one would notice, lol. Paleontology is making new discoveries every day!

D: The next person to join the Strawhat crew is actually me. (P.N.: Momo Daifuku)

O: Wait, really!? Such confidence... well, you are 12 afterall...

D: Rules are getting harsher all over the world, but I'm very grateful that there's no such thing here. By the way, is it okay if I sniff Nami's used towel? Her ninja outfit is so small, I worry about her. (P.N.: Sanadacchi)

O: Sanada!! Guards, come quick! Why did you let him in? Haven't I told you to kick him out already? There *ARE* rules here! One perv comment and you're out! This is a family corner here! Now begone, you!

Translated by Rainbow - TCB Scans

Quote Originally Posted by theackwardstation View Post
    "O: By "ending", I mean the juiciest part of Luffy's adventure.
    Since that's when the mystery of "what is the One Piece?" is to be revealed.
    Right now Wano is heating up, if Luffy is able to leave here in one piece, we'll get to a development that will engulf the entire world, the likes of which no one has read before - the greatest war in One Piece history.
    I said what I said so that the reader's hearts would be prepared, since it'll be such a long arc, and one that will really pin things towards the finish line. That being said, I'm really enjoying writing and drawing Wano right now, and am pumped to finishing it!"

It's impossible for me to not understand that the greatest war in One Piece history will happen just after Wano, the next saga. And it'll streamline the finish line, which I suppose is Laugh Tale.
    The key word is "development". Everything that happens post Wano will directly lead to the world-spanning war. It's not limited to just finding One Piece, but all the little things already set in motion. The Warlord system being abolished, the balance of power shifting beyond recognition (if we can still talk about a balance of power post Wano), the great cleansing, Imu etc.

Luffy finding One Piece might not even be the trigger for the war, but the reason why Luffy will decide to get involved.
    Last edited by Jabra; September 14th, 2020 at 02:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gia Sado View Post
    It actually sounds like he is simply setting it up or starting it without Luffy and crew.

Guys, the final plotline is the final war, however its super unrealistic to think that the strawhats will be propelled into it immediately after Wano. It requires escalation, Oda pretty much says that after Wano, the story will "lead to a worldly development".

Its very likely the final war gets setup and starts, but without the Strawhats at first.

It took 3 arcs for the Reverie to be set up as an outside event, even though the strawhats were not part of it. Now imagine a world scale event even larger, but now you have to drag the main characters into it. Luffy still needs to finish his journey. Oda says this in the SBS. But he also says the story isn't even finished at that point. That should make it entirely clear about what he means.
    Right now Wano is heating up, if Luffy is able to leave here in one piece, we'll get to a development that will engulf the entire world, the likes of which no one has read before - the greatest war in One Piece history.
    I said what I said so that the reader's hearts would be prepared, since it'll be such a long arc, and one that will really pin things towards the finish line. That being said, I'm really enjoying writing and drawing Wano right now, and am pumped to finishing it!"

It's impossible for me to not understand that the greatest war in One Piece history will happen just after Wano, the next saga. And it'll streamline the finish line, which I suppose is Laugh Tale.

I'll let theawkwardstation speak for me.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by andre View Post

I'll let theawkwardstation speak for me.
    Which is directly contradicted by the first sentence stating that the ending is not the ending.

I think the 'very long arc that will stramline things towards the finish line' is actually referring to Wano itself.

Basically Oda brought up the 5 years thing so people don't start rolling their eyes when we spend 3+ years in Wano.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    The key word is "development". Everything that happens post Wano will directly lead to the world-spanning war. It's not limited to just finding One Piece, but all the little things already set in motion. The Warlord system being abolished, the balance of power shifting beyond recogniton (if we can still talk about a balance of power post Wano), the great cleansing, Imu etc.

Luffy finding One Piece might not even be the trigger for the war, but the reason why Luffy will decide to get involved.
    Makes sense what you're saying, and it might be exactly what happens.

But I do feel like this interpretation tries to force the statament into a preconceived notion that we already had instead of reading it in a more straightforward way.

Isn't that line referring to Wano?

Oda already stated we would know more about what the ending entails once Wano is over.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    Which is directly contradicted by the first sentence stating that the ending is not the ending.
    And that's why it's really confusing.

It reminds me of one of Oda's comments in a Jump Festa a few years ago that just didn't have a lot of internal coherence.

And that's why it's really confusing.

It reminds me of one of Oda's comments in a Jump Festa a few years ago that just didn't have a lot of internal coherence.
    I get what you mean. Japanese language can be like that.

This is also why people came to think that the arc that will make Marineford arc look cute compared to it was going to be Wano when Oda never specified it as such.

I think it wouldn't be bad to wait for the one piece podcast since they'll probably have Stephen to go through the SBS questions

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    Yeah, I'm interpreting that "Finding One Piece" is actually included in the development that will engulf the entire world.
    Whitebeard said it best:

"That will has been passed from long ago!! ..And in the future, someday "that" man will appear, bearing the weight of centuries of history upon his shoulders, to challenge the world!! I wasn't interested, but when someone finds that treasure, the world will be shaken to its core!!"

That RIGHT there should tell people:

- Luffy's journey
    - Laugh Tale/One Piece/Pirate King
    - Final War

Even Roger and Rayleigh hinted that they were "too early" in finding that treasure. Someone needs to find that treasure, i.e. present time, then "challenge the world".

Apoo cover (Boss DJ, from Tochigi)

------------------------------

D: Odacchi, pleased to meet you! The introduction of the Flying Six on chapter 978 was so cool, I just had to write in!
    I'm sure many are asking the same question, but please, could you spare us the height, age, and favourite food of each of the Flying Six? (P.N.: Youki Genia)

O: Yeah, I guess. They have sure become a fan favourite, the Flying Six. Gotta give what the people want.
    But please show some love for Queen too!

<< Left-to-right, Top-to-bottom >>

Who's Who: 336cm, 38yo, crab paella
    Black Maria: 820cm, 29yo, skewed dango
    Sasaki: 318cm, 34yo, asparagus
    Ulti: 173cm, 22yo, twisted fries
    Page One: 171cm, 20yo, nachos
    X Drake: 233cm, 33yo, chicken rice

-----------------------------

D: On volume 96 you introduced the main members of the Roger Pirates, and one character in particular you called Nozdon, but he had already been introduced on BLUE DEEP as Seagull. Now I can only think of him as Seagull... what do I do? (P.N.: Marine Captain Tobbi Ota)

O: Wait, what?! ....ohh, him? Ahh, heheh. Seagull Guns Nozdon, you mean? Yes, yes. Y-You can call him by whichever name you prefer... or even forget him outright. It's up to you.

Translated by Rainbow - TCB Scans

It's getting obvious that there won't be anymore stand-alone arc and that we have basically entered an era of successive plot-ending arcs. Kinda like Gintama after a certain event happened.

We know that whatever happened to Sabo and Vivi will be major news to the crew when they leave Wano. And I wouldn't be surprised if the beginning of the war start there (the first battle not the final battle).

If either one of the two is in danger (or both), I think the next arc will have the crew go back to the beginning of the New World to save them and that would be the first spark to the war.

The thing I'm having the most doubt is that we will ever have an Elbaf arc. At least not the way people imagined it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    The key word is "development". Everything that happens post Wano will directly lead to the world-spanning war. It's not limited to just finding One Piece, but all the little things already set in motion. The Warlord system being abolished, the balance of power shifting beyond recognition (if we can still talk about a balance of power post Wano), the great cleansing, Imu etc.

This is exactly my line of thinking.

Its kind of exciting to see that we may be understanding this structure correctly with more concrete evidence now.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by fana View Post
    It's getting obvious that there won't be anymore stand-alone arc and that we have basically entered an era of successive plot-ending arcs. Kinda like Gintama after a certain event happened.

We know that whatever happened to Sabo and Vivi will be major news to the crew when they leave Wano. And I wouldn't be surprised if the beginning of the war start there (the first battle not the final battle).

If either one of the two is in danger (or both), I think the next arc will have the crew go back to the beginning of the New World to save them and that would be the first spark to the war.

The thing I'm having the most doubt is that we will ever have an Elbaf arc. At least not the way people imagined it to be.
    Honestly, with how coy Oda was being about them in Chapter 956, I'm starting to think those 2 (and Hancock) aren't really in any immediate danger. Like with Ace it was either clear he pretty much lost when he fought BB. That battle "triggered" an incident. Reading in between the lines there made it easy. IMO, this is just another way of Oda doing what he did with Jinbe, a means to create intrigue and to setup future plotwork with the characters. I have entirely different theories about Vivi/Sabo/Hancock and I don't see them getting the exact same "captured" treatment Ace got, at least not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Raydjahs View Post
    Fan: Is it true that One Piece is ending in 5 years?! ...
    Oda: The most exciting part of Luffy's adventure is over. The Wano arc is reaching its climax. After Wano-kuni, I will draw the "biggest war" in manga history. It will be very exciting...
    Can you tell me who the fuck is the guy who did this (mis)translation? Everyone in twitter is now spreading this shit around thinking that Oda said "The most exciting part of Luffy's adventure is already over now" when what he actually said is "The most exciting part of Luffy's adventure, which is finding out what the One Piece really is, will be over in 5 years".

There's nothing contradicting. Wano-Final War-One Piece-Other final stuff might be the actual order of it. I don't really know, but the translations we have now only seem to imply that order. I've mentioned the translations over and over because I'm not committing to Oda saying that, but it is precisely how it appears.

Isn't that line referring to Wano?

Oda already stated we would know more about what the ending entails once Wano is over.

How could that possibly mean Wano?
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by Gia Sado View Post
    Whitebeard said it best:

"That will has been passed from long ago!! ..And in the future, someday "that" man will appear, bearing the weight of centuries of history upon his shoulders, to challenge the world!! I wasn't interested, but when someone finds that treasure, the world will be shaken to its core!!"

That RIGHT there should tell people:

- Luffy's journey
    - Laugh Tale/One Piece/Pirate King
    - Final War

Even Roger and Rayleigh hinted that they were "too early" in finding that treasure. Someone needs to find that treasure, i.e. present time, then "challenge the world".
    Hmm, so I take it that after finding the One Piece, Roger had every intention of challenging the World Government to a world war, but couldn't because of his health. It's all up to Luffy now (who himself had his lifespan shortened by a couple of years already).

Quote Originally Posted by All Fiction View Post
    Hmm, so I take it that after finding the One Piece, Roger had every intention of challenging the World Government to a world war, but couldn't because of his health. It's all up to Luffy now (who himself had his lifespan shortened by a couple of years already).
    If you look at chapter 968, it definitely had to do with being too early for Poseidon's birth, so yeah. Though this might be only a part of it.

Not just Poseidon. The other "princess or prince" wasn't around either. I always lean back on Rayleigh's words. Dragon said the world is waiting for an answer and Rayleigh implied that the crew will have their own response to the knowledge gained. It's beyond just being a pirate, but at the same time relates to the core of what a pirate is.

The fact that there are some gaps in the journey to Laugh Tale that are fed to the audience shows that knowing the location isn't the end. So I don't know what it takes to get to Laugh Tale, I don't know what is required to do what is expected of a PK, post finding Laugh Tale and the crew is obviously not ready for the any of it. Yet, some wanted me to believe that 5 years to end the series was possible because Oda said it. This man is constantly adding onto his statements, even tho he clearly knows what he wants. Should have never made the attempt imo

So where do you think the foreshadowing at the end of Dressrosa takes place?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information