+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 978: Introducing the Tobi Roppo

Don't know what to say... Monquito's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 978: Introducing the Tobi Roppo

Quote Originally Posted by Blissed View Post
    IMO, the implication is that the Numbers are as strong (maybe even stronger?) the Tobi Roppo in terms of sheer brute strength. But what holds them back seems to be them not exactly being the brightest, like they have a limited intelligence thing going on. Like you wouldn't ever give them any real responsibilities or oversight like you would for the Tobi Roppo/Calamities.

I dunno, I'm increasingly interested in them.
    Is Oda ever going to break the trend of Giants being dummy dummy dumbs?

Quote Originally Posted by Monquito View Post
    Is Oda ever going to break the trend of Giants being dummy dummy dumbs?
    Morley seems pretty clever.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny B. Decent View Post
    I still don't get what the deal is with the Numbers if the Flying Six are just below the All-Stars.
    They might be literal monsters.

Dumb as an animal, but scary powerful.

I'm gonna go with the theory that they're awakened zoans. Like the jailer beasts from Impel Down, but with dino fruits.

Kaido recruited the numbers from the Codename Kids Next Door universe
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

air to surface missiles asm00200's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FolhaS View Post
    Oh dear lord, its much better.
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I know. Horizontal reduces the size of all the pages, however. Don't see why we can't have best of both worlds, like so many web readers have been managing for years.
    I guess it depends on the screen size, because on my screen it's just big enough to see all the details without the pages losing focus.

Add to that that the quality of the pages aren't like what we used to get from scanalators , which is weird.
    What is Oden saying to WB?
    Become my son Whitebeard.

Quote Originally Posted by Kishido View Post
    So it is about the son... Interesting
    "Another family issue"

So i guess the ... Kaido family ... have had their own problems in the past

**wonder if the Numbers are stronger than the Flying 6? Seems odd for Oda to introduce these guys while still basically concealing the Numbers
    Last edited by Raffy; April 26th, 2020 at 04:27 PM.

Man, Luffy really has his work cut out for him if he wants to make the afterparty the best one ever. I know the ones celebrating here are horrible bad guys, but man, their party just looks so much fun. Oda always delivers when the antagonists bicker among themselves and this is no different. And I went from not really feeling Page One as he was just some though big guy brute to adoring the little guy, who has an overprotective big sis.

I also want to put out some fight predictions out there, just for the off-chance of getting something right, so...

Spoiler:
    Straw Hats
    Luffy vs Kaido
    Zoro vs King
    Sanji vs Queen
    Nami vs Black Maria
    Usopp & Chopper vs Page One & Ulti
    Franky vs Sasaki
    Brook vs Who's Who
    Jinbe vs a Number
    Robin vs a Number

Scabbards
    Kinemon vs Orochi
    Denjiro vs Kanjuro
    Raizo vs Fukurokujo
    Shinobu vs Daikoku (or whole rest of the Oniwabanshuu)
    Ashura Doji vs Holdem
    Kiku vs Mimawarigumi Boss
    Inuarashi & Nekomamushi vs Jack
    Kawamatsu vs Urashima

Others
    Kid vs Apoo
    Law vs Hawkins
    Carrot,Wanda & Sicilian vs Perospero & Big Mom forces

Some are kinda wonky, but there's still quite a bit in the air with us not knowing how much the Big Mom Pirates will actually interfere, whom Nekomamushi brings with him and how many Numbers there are.
    Last edited by CaptainAppleJack; April 26th, 2020 at 04:55 PM.

I like how every one of the F6 has horns except the double agent.

The name who's- who annoy me.

I know AP has been back for days but I would still want to thank the people who brought it back. Thank you!

As someone pointed out, I think Kaidou is aware his son is not someone who lives up to his reputation.
    Big Mom probably demanded a payment for something Kaidou owed her in the past and I think she proposed an arrange marriage for that payment.
    So Kaidou agreed to marry his son off to one of Linlin's daughters to strengthen the alliance.

Who do you think will Kaidou's son marry from Big Mom's daughters?
    The way this family issue is being hyped, I can only see two things happening, either a gag or catalyst for something worse for the NPMS Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainAppleJack View Post
    Man, Luffy really has his work cut out for him if he wants to make the afterparty the best one ever. I know the ones celebrating here are horrible bad guys, but man, their party just looks so much fun. Oda always delivers when the antagonists bicker among themselves and this is no different. And I went from not really feeling Page One as he was just some though big guy brute to adoring the little guy, who has an overprotective big sis.

I also want to put out some fight predictions out there, just for the off-chance of getting something right, so...

Spoiler:
    Straw Hats
    Luffy vs Kaido
    Zoro vs King
    Sanji vs Queen
    Nami vs Black Maria
    Usopp & Chopper vs Page One & Ulti
    Franky vs Sasaki
    Brook vs Who's Who
    Jinbe vs a Number
    Robin vs a Number

Scabbards
    Kinemon vs Orochi
    Denjiro vs Kawamatsu
    Raizo vs Fukurokujo
    Shinobu vs Daikoku (or whole rest of the Oniwabanshuu)
    Ashura Doji vs Holdem
    Kiku vs Mimawarigumi Boss
    Inuarashi & Nekomamushi vs Jack
    Kawamatsu vs Urashima

Others
    Kid vs Apoo
    Law vs Hawkins
    Carrot,Wanda & Sicilian vs Perospero & Big Mom forces

Some are kinda wonky, but there's still quite a bit in the air with us not knowing how much the Big Mom Pirates will actually interfere, whom Nekomamushi brings with him and how many Numbers there are.
    You listed Kawamatsu twice, Denjiro vs Kawamatsu (was that supposed to be a different name?) and Kawamatsu vs Urashima
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

People really looking down on the Big Mom Pirates as enemies in this arc, huh!? Hopefully once we go back to the Calamities as have them properly lined up, we can get Smoothie (and maybe Snack) together so Oda levels all of them in a very clear manner.

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    You listed Kawamatsu twice, Denjiro vs Kawamatsu (was that supposed to be a different name?) and Kawamatsu vs Urashima
    Uff, yeah. I mess up Kawamatsu and Kanjuro's names sometimes when I'm not focusing, lol. Thanks for alerting me to it.

Of course I meant Denjiro vs Kanjuro in a battle of deceivers.

I rarely see the word "moor" being used, but Jinei used it and it fit perfectly. I don't remember seeing Cupboard's translation this week

Also, Tsuchigumo and Black Maria share size and the use of a pipe.

Spoiler:
    Last edited by Cockycent; April 26th, 2020 at 06:00 PM.

About the fights, I won't dare to guess match-ups, but I'll guess some general expectations:

- Big Mom and Kaidou won't fall on 1v1 fights. These guys are on Whitebeard level, who fought the entire marine headquarters, an admiral and the whole Blackbeard crew before finally being defeated. I don't see them falling to anything bellow a gang up of the strongest. While Luffy will do something amazing and be the star of the brawl, he won't do it alone.

- The "high tier" near-or-above-billion bounty enemies (Smoothie, Jack, Queen and King) will be fought by Worst Generation members (Luffy [or maybe Zoro in his place], Law, Kid and Drake)

- The "mid tier" threats will be fought by the Strawhats, and Hawkins (who will see the chance to defeat Kaidou and change sides). These include Apoo, the Flying Six, the Numbers and Big Mom children.

- Orochi, Kanjuro, Fukurokujo and the Oniwabanshu and Mimawari guys will probably be dealt by the Scabbards.

- There's still the mystery of who Nekomamushi will bring with him. I'm betting on some Whitebeard pirates, especially Izou.

- I think there's a chance for Capone Bege to appear, if his cover story leads him to Wano. It would make sense for him to target Big Mom again. If so, he may get a mid-tier fight before joining the big Yonkou brawl.

- There's still the question of what Caribou's role may be. While I don't expect anything major from him, like having his own fight, I bet on him doing something important for the story at some point.

- I think Moria and Perona may appear and turn the tide at some point, maybe near the end. Wouldn't be surprised if Moria uses his ability to empower others on the big Yonkou fight ("You do it" is his motto, after all).
    Last edited by Deicide; April 27th, 2020 at 05:24 AM.
    No, I'm not back. I never left. It's just that it has been a long time since I had something to say.

Quote Originally Posted by LightningAce View Post
    They are the strongest headliners, none of those match ups make any sense and are a total mismatch.
    I don't know about that. I mean the headliners just below the Flying Six are like Sheepshead, Speed and Babanuki right? Aside from Hawkins they don't seem to be presented as someone worthy of a Straw Hat. I'd say you're selling the heroes short. Nami alone can wield a weapon that came straight from an Emperor I expect her to get tested hard. When we finally get full on matches I wouldn't be surprised if someone like Chopper does get to go up against one of the Flying 6.

We do have ton of Ministers from Big Mom's crew. People like Mont'dor, Daifuku, Gallete, Amande and even Compote seem to carry a presence that is of equal footing to the Flying 6. I don't doubt that some of them would want a second go at the Straw Hats who infiltrated their land in the first place and put their whole involvement into motion.

Holdem, Ginrummy and Solitaire can fight some fodder on the side.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    I guess Oda just wanted to give us an idea who the strongest Flying Six member is. It worked.
    Are you referring to Drake? Because if so Black Maria is talking about Who's Who not him.

Strawhats are the official party poopers! Breaking a wedding and now this cool party, its not cool!!
    Also, spreads on the official manga plus app is decent. You guys might want to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deicide View Post
    - There's still the question of what Caribou's role may be. While I don't expect anything major from him, I bet on him doing something important, like having his own fight, for the story at some point.

- I think Moria and Perona may appear and turn the tide at some point, maybe near the end. Wouldn't be surprised if Moria uses his ability to empower others on the big Yonkou fight ("You do it" is his motto, after all).
    I don't know why I keep forgetting about him. At one point Caribou was my biggest point of interest at Wano since he was caught by Drake.

For years I kept saying Caribou would would tell Kaidou about Shirahoshi and then him and Mom would fight over Fishman Island. Seems like no better arc for him to spill the beans but no way its going down like I imagine like 10 years ago lol. I suppose if the Marines make it and clean up some folks on the side he can spill his guts then.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information